1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[26 Apr 2014] SEGA Cup 2014 (Walnut, CA)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Plague, Jan 30, 2014.

By Plague on Jan 30, 2014 at 3:12 PM
  1. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    SC2014.jpg In 2013, competitors from all over the world battled for over $16,000 in cash and prizes distributed to top 16 finalists. Amazing battles between players from Japan, Europe, Australia, Korea, US and many more were showcased on stream to viewers worldwide. As the competition settled, it was Razer Fuudo who triumphed over all and claimed his title as Sega Cup’s 2013 Champion!

SEGA and Level|Up are back in action with the annual event for fighting game fans worldwide! SEGA Cup Virtua Fighter Tournament returns to Super Arcade in Walnut, California this April 26, 2014. We’re looking for the best of the best to compete in Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown on the PlayStation 3. Top 16 finalists will win cash prizes so expect quality matches, entertainment, and hype with players from all over the world. More details will be available soon on http://sega.com/segacup .

SEGA Cup 2014
Start Date: 26 Apr 2014 10:00 AM
End Date: 27 Apr 2014 12:00 AM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT

1211 N. Grand Ave
Walnut, CA 91789

Posted By: Plague

Confirmed Attendees: 19
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

Comments

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Plague, Jan 30, 2014.

• SEGA Cup 2014
    Start Date: 26 Apr 2014 10:00 AM
    End Date: 27 Apr 2014 12:00 AM
    Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT

1211 N. Grand Ave
    Walnut, CA 91789

Posted By: Plague

Confirmed Attendees: 19
    You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
    The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":
    1. Kamais_Ookin
      Kamais_Ookin
      That's why I stopped replying lol.
    2. Zekiel
      Zekiel
      You know whats also tedious? People like you not understanding my point that im trying to explain.
      SDS_Overfiend1 likes this.
    3. Tricky
      Tricky
      Does this mean we won't see you? Really sad to hear about the job man good luck.
    4. Guyjin
      Guyjin
      Kamais_Ookin and ExzetyXat1 like this.
    5. Zekiel
      Zekiel
      Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown will take place on the PlayStation 3 (PS3) console.One match is best of 3 games.One game is out of 5, 60-second rounds.Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals is the best of 5 games.

Read this. ONE GAME IS OUT OF 5,60 SECOND ROUNDS
    6. BLACKSTAR
      BLACKSTAR
      The number of seconds doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things because the amount of life is still the same. I kind of see what you're saying, but at the same time, it would be more of an issue if everyone was playing matches with 200 or 300% life. THAT'S when you will have to worry about working through a tournament of endurance matches.

While I rather prefer the default of 45 seconds, since that's what the world standard is, boosting rounds to 60 seconds each without boosting the amount of actual life everyone has only really means that more matches will end without timeouts, rather than matches actually taking longer.
      BlackGeneral likes this.
    7. Shidosha
      Shidosha
      possibly - unless of course i actually DO get this other job. Anything can happen - fingers crossed.

In regard to the seconds rule: VF goes fast, who cares in this situation. If it were something like WCG where it was 1 (or 2) game w/ 5/9 rounds then thats where we get to the unfair standings... This is also where all the shun references are coming from... he becomes too strong
    8. BlackGeneral
      BlackGeneral
      I really don't see how increasing the timer 15 seconds makes a difference at all. The vast majority of matches end in 30-35 seconds.
    9. Brisal73
      Brisal73
      Stop talking about it. By the time the event starts everything will be as it should.
    10. Tricky
      Tricky
      it makes matches last longer so shun has that much more time to get more drinks.
      Pai~Chun likes this.
    11. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      [​IMG]
      BlackGeneral likes this.
    12. daRockReaper
      daRockReaper
      For shun to take advantage of that, he has to play much more lame than normal. That in itself can be taken advantage off. And since rounds typically end between 10 and 45 seconds adding another 15 where both players are probably down to 10 health won't matter much since the round would probably end in the next 5
    13. Pai~Chun
      Pai~Chun
      You realise Shun can do stuff like 4K+G, which backs him off while kicking, to drink, and of course has evasive properties on some of his strikes which boost the [DP] meter? Any time he gets a knockdown, he can drink, from ground stances he can roll back to swig etc.
      Once he's at ten drinks, then he can get more from the half circle back throw, as well as the standard front and wall throws. Between rounds he can sometimes get like another 6 drinks at least, depending on situation. Shun Di at 16 drinks is no joke to deal with. Can launch from low, gets damage boosts, stronger throw, nasty hi-low string that ends in a float etc.

Some of these guys are probably quite worried, as just like last year, there could well be some top class Shuns there, from both America and of course, Japan.
    14. Shidosha
      Shidosha
      So who is staying w/ who for SEGA Cup? I'd like to book a one-way flight ASAP but flight + hotel + car is kind of pocket destruction. I'm willing to grab a car tho :)
    15. Rodnutz
      Rodnutz
      Why are you guys trying to explain the advantages Shun would have with an extra 15 seconds? If the idiots can't see the advantage then clearly they don't understand VF as well as they think they do.

Sure it can work in each player's favor, but with all the lay down Shenanigans and evasive properties to avoid shit it's not hard to run away and sneak in a drink or two. If I played Shun and the timer was 60 seconds I'd sacrifice every 1st round just to run the clock and acquire drinks if I can. If I win the round that's a bonus.

Besides just ask one simple question. When you play offline, online or in Rooms do you play with a 60 second timer? Yeah I didn't think so..... CASE CLOSED! Let's move on and not derail this wonderful thread about Sega Cup.
    16. Flyingguillotine
      Flyingguillotine
      The rules posting was poorly worded. It's should say "One game is [sic]best out of 5, 60 second rounds. " that means 3 out of 5 rounds is one game, which everyone has been trying to tell you for 3 pages. Also what Rod said about Shun is also 100% valid. It's a little harsh to call the people who don't get it "idiots" . They are just new players who don't know any better.
      Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    17. Zekiel
      Zekiel
      No, their problem was they couldn't differentiate between games(Best out of 3 and 5) and rounds(5rounds played every game). Ik what i was talking bout and rules state the difference clearly. But like brisal said, im not going to keep talking about this. Perhaps from now on all my post will be in 15 font and bolded so people wont miss anything XD.
    18. Flyingguillotine
      Flyingguillotine
      Dude, how are you being cocky and arrogant when you're the only dude in here with dyslexia or L.D. It is potentially 5 rounds per match, if both players are equally skilled and it goes the distance. How often we're there blowouts at the last Sega Cup? The rules clearly list above that for someone to get sent to losers they have to lose 2 out of 3 games, and the games are the standard best of 5, win 3 out of 5 rounds.

That's VF tournament standard. How the fuck are you objecting to that as if its something new? The only difference here is the 60 second rounds, like everyone in here but you can clearly see. Would it make it easier for you to understand if they listed it in reverse order, that you have to win 3 out of 5 rounds and 2 out of 3 games? Are you that dyslexic? This is the state of VFDC posters? I'm done with this. Take a break from typing and read this thread again. Grand finals are completely different than pools, of course those are going to be best out of 5 games. /shrug.
      ExzetyXat1 and Kamais_Ookin like this.
    19. Zekiel
      Zekiel
      @Flyingguillotine Facepalm.....this is rediculous, i might as well be writing in Chinese, because you 2 cant seem to get what im saying XD. Did i not say BEST OUT OF 3 AND 5 GAMES? obviously i was talking bout pools, winners losers n final. sigh* you n kamais will see when SC starts. im done.
    20. Flyingguillotine
      Flyingguillotine
      Of course W and Losers Finals are f to 3 games. It's like that in smaller tournaments . Usually only grand finals go first to 3 games. And no, you didn't say anything about finals games count, you freaking kept whining about 5 rounds, and none of the pools require five rounds to win. Stop smoking crystal meth and go read what you wrote. You whined every post about 5 rounds.

Now finally you've realized your blunder and want to change your tune and whine about the games count in winners finals,losers finals and grand finals . ( Which nobody is debating, by the way.). You don't have to worry about that, numbnuts, you won't make it that far .
      Last edited: Mar 15, 2014