1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

26P+G 85 DMG float plus notes.

Discussion in 'Lion' started by AnimalStaccato, Sep 20, 2009.

1. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

Both of these combos are launched from 26P+G when you sandwich an opponant between a wall.

CPU was set to guard and exact recovery or techroll.

Combo 1
    26P+G, 2P, 66P+KP, (opponant hits walls), heavy pounce.

Combo 2
    26P+G, 44K-P+K, 66P+KP.

Apologies for the unorganised nature of the post, this is just the raw data from the notes I scribbled down while testing.

To note, I didn't actually test the characters in the selection listed I did them randomly by fancy untill I'd done them all. 3 of the last I tested were Brad,Lei and Goh, this may account for the varying DMG patterns as I was feeling quite fatigued so my inputs were getting a bit random.

Akira 1.No 2.72DMG

Aoi 1.Yes 2.Yes 78, Also 46P+KPP all connect for 77 usually just the first two connect for 69/72. Did not test on all. Another varient you can do is PP2P+K but 66P+KP does more DMG so didn't test this one much.It does about the same DMG as all 3 hits of 46P+KPP.DMG scaling is different depending on character weight but it never does more than 66P+KP.

Brad 1.Yes 2. Yes 72/85

Eileen 1.Yes 2.No

El Blaze 1.Yes 74 2.If 44K is delayed it will conect for 82DMG, this might work for Pai/Eileen (chars of a similar height/weight). In my opinion it's not reliable.

Goh 1.Yes 74(option of pounce delay for 82) 60 w/o pounce. 2. Yes 78/82/85, most consistant at 78.

Jacky 1.No 2.72

Jeffrey 1.No 2.No Also to note you can do 46P+KPP for 58 against a wall as well as 3PP without a buffered FWD dash for 58. This also works for Wolf but not 46P+kPP. To note about 3PP oppanant can instantly tech roll where as with 66KK (57DMG) he is carried back so you are recovered and can do FWD dash (or movement of your choice) before opponant is back on feet and able to strike. This is not the case with 3PP. So with 3PP you have no time to apply movement for a setup.

Kage 1.Yes Note, something I discovered with Kage (who was one of the last chars I tested) is that you can delay the pounce for 22DMG and the computer still could not escape it with tech roll/exact recovery and guard. This might also be true for other chars.

As a rule the pounce was doing 14 if not delayed and 22 if it was. 2p 66P+KP was doing 60 (occaisionally did 64 on Kage, so it stands to reason that this would work on similarly weighted chars), this means that this combo has the potential to do 86 DMG depending on the timing of your 2p which determines how high the char floats.

Lau 1.Yes 2.Yes 78/82

Lei Fei 1.Yes 2.Yes 85/79

Lion 1.66P+KP unreliable 2.Only 44KP+K also not consistantly for 61 DMG.

Pai 1.Yes 2.No

Sarah 1.Yes 2.Yes 82/85DMG

Shun Di 1.Yes 2.Yes 82/85DMG

Vanessa 1.Yes 74DMG 2.Yes 78/82/85DMG

Wolf 1.No 2.No

Note I'm pretty sure you can delay the pounce on every char to do 22.

Final note, saw Chibita do combo no.1 in a vid against a Pai. You wouldn't believe how many times I thought I'd discovered something only to find out Chibita had done it first >_<

However as far as I know combo 2. is still an original creation [​IMG]

2. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Combo 2 sounds like something out of VF5R, good find [​IMG]

3. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

Thanks man, I'd been thinking 44kP+K had untapped combo potential- you can almost do 6(hold)KK off it(what a combo that'd be!) but unfortunatly the second K doesn't connect.