1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

2d fighting games

Discussion in 'General' started by Sonnestark, Jan 13, 2014.

1. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I've been playing kof 98 for the past month. And I must say....

When it comes to 2d fighting games, I was always more, of a Street Fighter, Blaze Blue and World Heroes dude. But no surprise to me, in all honesty, KOF on the whole, is a really fun great franchise. The characters and mechanics in kof games, like really put SF to shame. Like literally.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  2. Samurai Showdown II.

beanboy likes this.
  3. legumelad

legumelad Member

Primal Rage

I like when monkey man fart

beanboy likes this.
  4. beanboy

:confused:

5. beanboy

That Last Blade 2 game is alot of fun. But that last boss can be annoying sometimes. 4 hits from him and it's game over.:p

jimi Claymore likes this.
  6. legumelad

legumelad Member

Nidhoggg! I like wen pokey wit sword! An wen u win, wormy guy eet u! :ROTFL:

beanboy likes this.
  7. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Man Capcom vs. Snk 2 is the creme de la Creme of 2d fighting games.

beanboy and jimi Claymore like this.
  8. beanboy

Yeah, CvS2 is nice. But I'll put KOF games, over CvS2 anyday.:p

Jason Elbow and FlawedFists like this.
  9. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

I love 2D games....
    I just was never a fan of SF. I played tons of the other games including KoF, early and anew MK, KI, Samurai Shodowns and the more obscure stuff like the Fist of North star game...

I generally enjoy them a lot... But not SF and I just hate this cause the games are generally so good.

beanboy likes this.
  10. FlawedFists

FlawedFists Active Member

PSN:
    FlawedFist
    Definetly agree with you beanboy, I prefer Kof over CvS2 anyday. Especially Kof 11 with its tag system and roster.

beanboy likes this.
  11. FlawedFists

FlawedFists Active Member

PSN:
    FlawedFist
    Also, anyone here play fatal fury real bout games? Those games are pretty awesome.

beanboy and Ali like this.
  12. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    sf3 third strike and sf alpha 3 are good.

13. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Kof XI is the best one to me.

14. Blitzball Champ

Blitzball Champ Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    Would love to get back into some Garou: Mark Of The Wolves! Extremely fun game!

beanboy, Seminasuke and jimi Claymore like this.
  15. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    Code Mystics not only vastly improved the online for current ports for MotW but also replaced the shitballs DotEmu version on Steam. Speak with your $10 and let them know that this is what we want.

16. beanboy

I plan on playing the real bout games again soon. I used to play the 2nd one in the arcades years ago. I wonder if I have the skills to play it now?:p

17. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

I am also gonna jump into Real Bout games.

Fatal Fury Special is one of those games I grew up playing when I was a kid with my uncles. It was very colorful at the time.

I've heard real bout is really where the money is....

Samurai Showdown reboot is absolutely good. It's weapon based game you should play. Forget about Soul Calibur ( honestly I never liked that series so I am a bit biased).

beanboy likes this.
  18. beanboy

Play the first one on the dreamcast. It plays different to all of the other soul games. Even to this day, people still say that Soul Calibur 1 on dreamcast, is namco's best work.

19. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

It's actually the only one I haven't played or even seen in person. I played or tried all the rest.

I just don't like the way the game plays. Also, the characters models feel as if they are the same build but then is kinda shaped into the different characters. It started with SC4 and has been persistent.

I wish I could try the DC's one.

beanboy likes this.
  20. beanboy

Gasp! No worries.
    Try reicast emulator. It's a dreamcast emulator that works on android.
    If you want to play dreamcast games on PC, check out either, redream, demul, or chankrast. But be warned, some games don't work to well on them, and are a bit buggy. But soulcalibur normally works well on all of them.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Ali likes this.