1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

2d fighting games

Discussion in 'General' started by Sonnestark, Jan 13, 2014.

1. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Me, I dig the 3d look of KOF 14 and 15, but I liked KOF more when the game had 2d sprites. The interesting thing is, the dreamcast versions of KOF 98 and KOF Evo, has 3d models and backgrounds and 2d character sprites. And it really looks cool.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  2. beanboy

I actually like watching CHAQN 2 youtube channel, because they play alot of famous, old 2d fighting games online on fightcade.

3. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Overall SF is my favorite and most played 2d FG, i like 2 3 and 5, not much sf4 tho play it a bit still. Here's my recent matches

beanboy likes this.
  4. beanboy

KOF 15 will be coming out. I hope the game ends up being really good. Also, I am really looking forward to it.

5. beanboy

Just like back during the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii era,........yep history repeats itself....

There seem to be a bunch of people on the internet, that are saying that 2d platformers and 2d fighting games are dead, and only realistic 3d games is what sells, and should be what sells.

Apparently, some of them are still pissed off that Metroid Dread sold well, despite it being a 2d platformer with 3d models.

I like my 3d Metroid games and 2d Metroid games, but I'm glad nintendo went 2d for Metroid Dread. Not only because I like 2d platformers, but it helps rejuvenate 2d games made by indie developers, and big developers as well.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022