1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

2K(CH),K+G

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Stl_Tim, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Having read Chanchai's amazing move analysis I ran across this move and added it to my setups. I thought I would add a decent combo list if it hasn't already been made? Seems like the k+g can hit on nh, so I'll add that too. Also, to note this topic may go off a bit on a tangent not related to topic, don't hate.

2k,k+g (nh/ch)

Eileen/Blaze
    (Open) 46p+k,p,p<66kk(nh/77/ch/95)<6pp(ch/96)
    (Closed) same

Aoi/Lion
    (Open) 46p+k,p,p<66kk(nh/77/ch/95) 6pp doesn't work.
    (Closed) same

Sarah/Shun/Pai/Vanessa/Lau/Kage/Lei/Brad/Goh
    (Open) 46p+k,p,p<8p+k(nh/71/ch/89) (6_p,6pp is better, but less damage and alllows smoother transition to meaty/otg/wall/ro)
    (Closed) same

Jean/Akira/Jacky
    (Open) 6_p,6pp(nh/61/ch/74)
    (Closed) same

Wolf/Jeff
    (Open) pkp(nh/56/74ch)
    (Closed) 6_p,6pp(nh/61/ch/74)

Taka
    (Open) 6pp(nh/55/ch/73)
    (Closed) pkp(nh/56/ch/74)

Note:(For Otg they can tech after each attachment, but you can follow for meaty for most)

Choices:
    ending with 6pp allows for a meaty/otg followup. (Meaty/6646k+g/6646k/41236p/6643p+k) (Otg/66kk<66kk)
    ending with 6kk allows for a meaty/otg followup. (Meaty same) (Otg/6kk<6kk)
    ending with 8p+k allows for a meaty/otg followup.(As a ender in a combo there is no otg I've found by itself it works.)
    (Otg/6kk<6kk)
    ending with pkp allows for a meaty/otg followup. (Meaty same, but fast input) (Otg/66k<6pp)

All these can lead to half wall ringouts, so if you have sometime I really could use the help testing it all out, thanks.
    This is especially directed at you non-exsistent lion players j/k.

R.O. example vs heavy middle class on a halfwall.
    (Akira/Jacky/Jean)(both stances)
    2k(ch),k+g<6_p<6pp<opponent techs<6646k+g meaty<6_p<6pp.
    If meaty is blocked your at -3 worst scenario, 2_8G for instant mid or thow, abare, evade mixup etc.

Once again, I'm not perfect with this info, so take it with a grain of salt and if you see something shady that dosen't work pm or message here.

Chanchai and Manjimaru like this.
  2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Thanks for this. I have been well aware of this move but I have always just done P, 6PP because Lion is 'only' my alt. I might even try to find better combos now that somebody else has given me a reason.. I wonder if 43P+K bounds are possible for the superlightweights?

random note: Lions 2KK+G goes under special highs untouched..

Chanchai likes this.
  3. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

One way to use 2KK+G is when the opponent is cornered between two walls, the 2K wall hit will guarantee the K+G for a wall spalt, pretty nasty considering the move is half circular and goes under a lot of things.

Pai~Chun and Chanchai like this.