1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[3 Aug 2013] Sega Cup Europe (London)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by MarlyJay, Apr 22, 2013.

Sega Cup Europe
Start Date: 3 Aug 2013 12:00 PM
End Date: 4 Aug 2013 12:00 AM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST

Dugdale centre
London EN2 6DS

Posted By: MarlyJay

Confirmed Attendees: 30
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I guess it s my turn to share my impression... For me it s the first real tournament i played, the btc paris except krye there were only frenchies...
    The organization was great, the place where we played was nice a lot of set up and i don t even talk about the place for the top 8... Man it was fucking good...
    I will give my impressions first for my opponents on the tournament:

MarlyJay: 1 Round, 1 fucking round make me go through instead of you... I have to say that i felt bad coz u re a great player and u deserved to go through too. Our match didn t mean anything for me coz the previous day u kicked my ass lol i guess the stress was the biggest problem, not only for u but all players i ran into... Anyway, that was great to meet u and see ur VF world...

Tofu the monkey: i don t even know if u re on vfdc ggs to u and keep on practice ur Jacky...

UK rayne: I have to say that u beat me well. Ur guard breaks were efficient against me but i hope to play u again (without stress) and to show u my real van =) ggs to u

Seidon: I don t consider u as a friend, as a player as anything else than my RIVAL!!! Our first set in group u beat me, once finished i went out to smoke a cigarette and calm down, i was mad coz u throw me ring out in the first match and i tell to myself, i ll get my revenge... I hoped nothing else than to meet u again in the tournament... Maybe i lost this match but that gave me rage to win until i met u again... We played and u took me 2 matches so it s not a real victory for me coz in fact the score is 4-4 =) we have to fix it next time we met =)
    U re a great player!!!!

Settra: i don t know u too much and we didn t talk a lot during the tournament... I just wanna say that ur Jean is good and efficient and u deserve ur victory. Let s do it again =)

xliiv: It was a great match, my match up with blaze is poor and when u won the third match i wasn t sure to win... U came from poland to be in this tournament so big respect for that... See u soon online =)

Mister: The hardest match i came across.... To be honest, when i saw that u were my opponent, i was sure that i will win... After u took the first 2 matches i was like WTF!!! i had to change strategy coz my aggressive van was useless against u. So i played regarding to throw u or catch throw u the most possible... When i won i just cant believe that i succeed to come back... All nervosity i get during the match became happiness =))) that was a great match!!!

Jide: First, ty coz u re the first english i met in real and u re a very nice guy. U came for us until the station to show us the HoG...
    About our match, i m sorry that i jumped at the end but i have to say that u were the opponent who scared me the MOST... I was lucky to beat you. that s the reason why i was so happy at the end.
    I don t know if i m right but u were very nervous (maybe i m wrong) and in fact the nervosity beat u, not me... In casual, i m sure u could kick my ass badly...
    Anyway i hope to play u soon and ty for all u did =)

Kingo: enfoiré!!!!!!!! lol I knew that i can t beat u. Too early yet, in fact, be in top 8 was already awesome for, beat u in tournament is too much...
    Btw to see u make the sushi win dance was so funny loooool priceless
    Anyway, i repeat u, 10 years is too much for me, u ll get ur ass kicked earlier =) Btw u played amazingly against gutti and the JP... I m proud that u re french

Players i met in casuals

There is so many ppls i met in casuals, some ppls i played online and to put a face to a name is kinda weird lol. First i wanna share my impressions about jp guies i played. I unfortunately had not the opportunity to play Zangief, just because i was too shy to ask him... Now i regret so much =/ I

Atsushi aka Ash: from the "sushi family" lol u are the guy who impressed me the most... I mean, when i saw the jp trio i wasn t sure that u ll beat anyone of them... And u beat 2 of 3... U re match against chofu was for me the best coz u adapted ur game to his game and u beat him fairly... I was like o_O wtf lol...
    Matches we did was great too... In HoG u played Akira so i though that u re an akira player and that Lion was a sub... And when i saw u playing with Lion in finals i was proud coz i took u some matches in casuals and u take me as a serious opponent =) Anyway it was enriching to meet a guy like you, and i hope we will meet again...

Unicorn: My bro it was nice to meet u irl, we didn t play a lot but that was nice... And see ur homemade hitbox too lol i can t believe that u made it with a ps3 pad... We didn t share a staropramen but next time we will =)

Ryan hart: it was a honor to play some matches with you, u re strong even if u didn t play this game, and i felt good u didn t lol btw i forgot to jump for the victory when we played lol (it s about ur comment in my match with jide) i jumped coz i was happy not for trash =)

Manji: honestly i didn t imagine u like that =) we didn t play a lot too coz everytime there were something to stop us... Sad... anyway that was nice to meet u IRL

Krye: U re an alien, it was fun to see u again, and play u irl make me realize how strong u really are... I mean ur knowledge of the game is something that i have to steal to u =) And if anybody deserved to be in my place against kingo in top 8 is definitly you, i know it, u know it, all the community know it...
    But, i m not done yet, i won t give up until i beat u, that s a promess =)
    EXCELLEEEENT =p

I surely played other players in casuals but i can t remember =( sry for guies i forgot...

Guies i met during the tournament...

Cobratron & his wife: you both are amazing, coming from San Francisco for the tournament is just amazing RESPECT. U re very nice and cool it was nice to discuss with u. I was like shocked about what u said for truewiseman =) I hope ur wife found a lighter =P I hope we will meet again =)

Matteo : Man i love ur accent and u re really a friendly guy... It s sad we didn t play in casuals but next time we will... =)

God3l: Man u re so funny, and a nice guy, We played just a little but we will meet again =)

Rory: U re a very nice guy, honestly ur level is very high and i though that u ll finish in top 8 coz u got a akira killer... It was nice to put a face on ur name and to eet u... Hope to play u soon =)

I don t forget Feck, blossy, Combolammas, Kaiser, 2nd Face etc...

I add some of u guies on xbl but ur friend list is full. Make me a place =p

To finish, i thank the staff of the tournament, there were damn cool, and it was nice to show me where the burger king is...

It was an amazing experience and to be with ppl who sharing the same passion for this game was priceless...

2. DJ FU

DJ FU New Member

I went as a spectator, was good fun. Good to see VF played at a high level. Just wondering if any of you guys are looking to do more causals at HOG?? I'm normally down on the weekends to play 3rd strike but a few of us jump on and play VF on the consoles too.

cobratron likes this.
  3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

I'm not sure what to think of this. :confused:

Anyways thanks to Sega, Unequalledmedia, Ludus Magnus and all the people who made this event happen. Thanks to everyone I met for coming to Sega cup and supporting the scene, and I'm sorry if I gave off a bad impression (and/or flu).

Special thanks to Kingo for a thorough and utter annihilation. In something like 25 matches, I got off maybe 5 bigger combos and screwed up each one. I want to commit suicide now :(

4. Hyperion

Hyperion Member

I'd definitely be interested in regular sessions. I'd be travelling from colchester so bi-weekly or monthly would probably be preferable due to travel expenses. so yeah, as long as there's dudes to play against I'm down for whatever.

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    It will be long so let me make some spoilers for you :)
    Ok, let this be 1st part of my post. I know it sounds weird, but I was in Englad for the 2nd time in my life (and 1st time was yet another FG tournament - tottaly terrrible Abso 2004 :)

So, let me tell you my story about uncle Unicorn coming in England, little ones...

To skip all the useless details, imagine me sitting in plane that is going to land. There are clouds everywhere upon Standsted and when the plane is in clouds, it is shaking like a hell. Now this all is happening and some girl right behind me seat start screaming like crazy cat "oh my god we all gonna die oh my god save as I am too youg to die mama where are you ohmygodohmygod" and so on till the plane touch the ground - so for like 10 minutes. And when it happen, she screamed even more and then start shouting "slow down you idiot I do not want to crush into anything slow down slow down I am too young to die". When the plane FINALY stopped, she calm down, look around on peoples faces, smile broadly and say "this was not bad, I am acting even worse usually"
    OMG

Now one small advice for all foreigners coming to London:
    Do not buy tickets // oyster cards just like that. Just go to the public transport information office and say them where and when you plan to go for your whole stay :D
    Trust me. It is worth it.

Ok, now to skip to the Sunday night. I left HoG together with Gutti and all 4 Japanese guys. So we where ant the tube and then they left on some station, not important which, and at the doors they passed about 3 India-looking guys that where going in. Once the doors shut one of this guys starte "oh my god that was itabashi zangief man that was him for sure" while the other was like "no way man why he will be in London there is no tourney going on" and the 1st was like "it was him it was him for sure". I was just listening and smiling like a mad.

Ok and now the last but not least story. Monday morning, me leaving London from Standsted. I wanted to be sure I will not miss anything so I was there about 1,5 hour before departure.
    After staining in some stupid lines and solving problem with my stupid ticket that their computers where not able to read I am finally at security. I get through the gate easily, but my bag did not.
    They stopped it in the x-ray tunnel and keep scanning it for like 5 minutes. Then some pretty young lady bring it to me and was like "this is yours?" After I nodded she stop smiling and she tell me I need to go through something like "complex security control". Because they can not scan my bag due some suspicious scrap of metal stopping their xray but they can see some suspicious wires being hidden under it...
    I was trying to explain but she did not want to listen. Instead, she started to unpack EVERYTHING from my bag in front of all the people. And if I say everything, I mean everything. Used underwhear including, she just take it out, examine it carefully and then throw it to the side. She took my screwdriver I had for case I will need my hitbox to be opened and after telling me about how stupid it is totry to bring such thing to the plane with ironical voice she throw it to the waste. Then she add my bottle of water too...
    Finally she started to examine my hitbox. She asked me what it is, so I tell her it is designated gaming controller. She did not look convinced, so she asked me if I created it by myself... WTF why? So ok, I nodded and then she was like "Now open it for me." Hmm... Sorry lady I can not without my screwdriver you just threw into that dirty hole over there. She did not look very happy.
    Then they took my hitbox and scan it for several times while I was STILL disalowed to touch my things scattered all around and while I was controlled too... Finnaly they tell me to pack my stuff and get off...
    To make long story short, I was at the airport 1,5 hours ahead yet I barely caught my plane; I was last one to check in, just before that gate was closed.
    Ok, now to the tourney... I was "in there" and not on the stream or anything so I will speak only about that happen there as THERE.

Bad things 1st:
    Everything was running late. From opening the venue over starting the groups to the finnals, everything was belated. A lot.

Ok, now that is all :) so now to the good things:
    There was shittons of "free to use" setups to play casuals. Enough to let anyone who wish to do so play or practice or anything. That was awesome.
    Then, the setup was awesome. good TVs to play on, big screen to watch "important" games going on... Awesome.
    Then the raffle for prizes going from some Sega games over chibita // fuudo - signed shirts to special VF stick. Nice touch there!
    And last but not least for sure, the organizers. They all where so nice and dedicated and they seem to be so happy that we like the tourney... It was awesome.

And what about the people? To be honest, it was the best. I felt almost like if the tourney itself is dragging me out of them, not vice versa. With all the setups and place and with TONS of awesome, VF-loving people I know from VFDC and/or PSN and XBL I was enjoying just talking with them and playing them so much the tourney itself was like just the "other" thing to do.

For me, this was the very best FG event I ever attend on so far. True is for some reason VF community is different from other ones (at least those ones I know) with all that love and passion for the game plus overall "friendlines" and as such it feels very nice to be part of things like this.
    I loved it and that you Sega and Unequal media to making this happen! I hope this was not the "only" Sega cup but just 1st of many and I hope I will be able to visit such awesome event again in the future.
    Ok, so lets go for it...

MakiLeSushi is the 1st one I will mention and for a reason. Maki, you know we are playing a lot online and it have a reason - you are great both to play with and to chat with. I was really looking forward to see you but I was not prepared.

To explain... Imagine yourself sitting in the chair playing VF with someone (I think it was Blossy?) when out of all sudden you realize that just behind you, there is almost 2-meter (like 2 ft 12 or something like this for those not using meters) high peep with body Wolf will not be ashamed to have looking at you...
    Wow. And then he was like "Hi Im Maki, nice to meet you unicorn" I was in shock really.
    Anyway it was great to met you and to play you in person and no matter we did not get that much matches, I am really looking forward to see you again!!!
    And gratz for making it to top8! I was so happy you made it! It was so awesome!

Chief Gutti needs to be 2nd here, also for a reason. Man you helped me a lot in the past to understand what is VF about and to start digging deeper and deeper. Now I met you in person and you where awesome. The dedication, the love for game, always smiling and shining... Awesome!

I loved our "wolf vs wolf at small place" matches and I love to play your Sarah. And once again, you show me a lot of I am sorry I made you mad.
    Anyway, I hope we will play again in the future, online or offline (the later will be better :) ) and I REALLY hope we will meet again in person.

By the way, funny thing is I was imagining you will look just like
    Manjimaru - while he will look just like you lol. And that brings me to yet another peep I really wish to speak about. Manji, I HATE your Jacky. In London, I played offline versus japanese and european Lions, japanese takka, japanese and european Akiras (and many others, I wish to mention the "top tiers" only) but ONLY versus Jackie I felt like fighting damn uphill battle. And man, I have a hunch it have something to do with YOU playing him.
    But it was very nice to meet you offline, to talk with you and to play with you. Damn... Haters gona hate but I still enjoyed it a LOT!

Chibitox, thank you for all the tips I get from you. You where insane in stealing rounds from me - just like a cornered Lion, you where most dangerous with the very last pixel of health always... But you showed me a lot about how fast, intense poking game looks like and I really briong a lot out of it... Hopefully I will be able to utilize it in the future, but we will see.

Krye, I really wish it will turn out you where just kidding with dropping VF. I loved to play and chat with you and damn, your compliment make me feel SO good. You can hardly imagine how happy man you made out of me.

Kingo is Kingo. Haters may hate but he will troll you like there is no tomorrow, trust me. I need to say you can utilize the space of the ring most of all european players I played - and by FAR. Beside this, I refuse to give you any compliments because I HATE you, your Aoi and your 2_3P and just and only because of you I am raging every single time when I hear that stupid "Katsugo" line!!! :p

Combolammas, it was nice to meet you man. I like your Goh a lot - your can utilize spacing, agression and defense into one fitting piece that is making my head to explode... Anyway, as I told you in Shoutbox already, your accent is awesome :) That RRR of yours, together with unique and distinctive way you pronounce words is really something I love.

Khalinda my suit man! You really are awesome person with unique personality (in a good way) and I am really glad I was able to see (and play) you again; and I really hope this was not for the last time!
    And if it will be possible, next time I will try to bring suit as well :p

Settra man, I am glad I saw you in person and I played you offline. I really wish we played some more and Ihope we will meet again to finish what we started.

Seidon you own me some fights! Anyway if you wish to look at my cheating Redbook, just PM me your mail and I will send you the files :D

Mister - I hate to say so but you get a LOT better since Cannes. Now I need to practice much more. Damn you! :p

Jide+Marly - for both of you I have a LOT of special "thanks" for all the help I get with planning my trip and for all the work you did for the tourney. I really appreciate it and I am sure I am not the only one!!!

xliiv + benny I do not forget about you, just keeped the best for the end :) I am happy I meet 40i4 after all this years (how much it was? 8?) again and to play with you offline. Your blaze is mean in the worse way possible, abusing my lack of reaction to the very end... Man I need to do someting with that because I cant you get away with this! :D Anyway I was happy to share the room with both of you guys and to talk both VF and non-VF with you. It was damn enjoyable.

All the other peeps I did not mention... You are the BEST FG community worldwide and I was very happy to see you and play with you and to share my passion for VF with you. It was unique experience for me and I really hope it was not the last time I was part of such thing...

Anyway - big THANK YOU to Sega for making all this happen!
    And the same to Equal media for taking this dream and changing it into reality!!!

PS: Tricky, if you are reading this, please catch me on gmail :)

cobratron and MakiLeSushi like this.
  6. blossy1000

blossy1000 Well-Known Member

I had a great time at SCE, it was really nice to finally meet a lot of the people I've played online and known from here for so long. Too bad I couldn't stay for as long as I wanted to, I wanted to play everyone but there wasn't enough time. Big thanks to the London guys for making me feel really welcome when I got to Hog on friday! It seriously made me want to move to London lol.

Marly Really great to meet you and thanks for all the help with trains and stuff! I really wish we could've played some, we were really close but didn't make it in the end lol... Like I said I wanted to play everyone but of course especially the people I've played a lot online since I started.

Seidon I felt the same way as you, I really wanted to play you of course. During the tournament I didn't play many casuals at all because I wanted to watch as well, and I thought there'd be time afterwards. Hopefully there will be a next time man!

Electro Lex It was a pleasure to finally meet you in person man and really nice to play your deadly Jeff offline. Wish we could've done some mirror matches as well, hopefully next time!

Rory When I came to London on friday I went straight from Heathrow to Hog and when I got there you were pretty much the first person I met (after Marly met up with me at the tube station) and we sat down for some games. It was great, my first offline matches in FS, pretty rough lol. You're really a great player and a great guy, thanks a lot.

Jide I don't know you from before (I obviously know who you are though), but you were completely nice and helped me out a lot so thanks a lot man. Unfortunately I didn't get to play you but I hope we meet again sometime.

Ash Kaiser Arguably the real winner of SCE, 3 wins out of 4 tickets wtf? Seriously though, great to meet you, you're a really funny and nice guy. Wished to play you more, only got to play you in the tournament group.

Krye I was happy to play you quite a lot, it felt good to be destroyed by you offline instead of online for a change. Great to meet you and talk about VF and music! I hope you won't really quit though.

Kingo I really wanted to play you as well, but didn't get the chance. At least I got to watch you doing really well in the tournament though. :)

GFA Another player I really wanted to play, too bad we didn't get any matches man, I was really sorry about that! Great to meet you though.

Settra Really nice to meet you, and it was so much fun playing against your lethal Jean offline. I may go visit Gutti in Berlin sometime, in that case you should come too if you can! :)

Manji Another player I've known since I started, great to finally see you. I'm really happy we played some casuals during the tournament, I was so tired at that point and you obviously didn't feel very well, but I was impressed by your really solid playing with Jacky and Sarah too. I would have liked to play you more and learn more from you, but at least we got to play. Hope to meet you again sometime.

Combolammas We were in the same group and I only played you in the tournament, but I was impressed by your playing both against myself and others.

Feck Another player I really wanted to play and luckily we had some matches, even though we were both dead tired at that point lol. It was great seeing you, hope we meet again sometime.

Mister I'm happy we played some, I wish we could've played more! I don't even think I got to play against your wolf. Next time I'll make sure to bring some beer. ;)

God3l It was great we managed to get some games in at the last minute! I'm happy you asked me at that point because otherwise we wouldn't have gotten the chance I think. Always a pleasure to fight your Kage, I wished we could've played more.

Unicorn I was happy to get a few matches with you since I usually have a hard time to play you online connection wise. I really hope your family did ok back home!

DWR Another Sarah player, great to meet and play you. If you really moved to London like you said and hang with the London guys you'll kick my ass pretty soon I'm sure. *jealous*

Also nice to meet everyone else, I didn't play Chibitox or Maki either unfortunately but congratulations for getting so far in the tournament both of you. And Xliiv, we met briefly, but then I barely saw you again unfortunately.

On a final note, shout out to Matteo, even though you didnt't play it was really nice to meet you. Also great to meet Gutti again of course. We didn't get to play this time, but I really enjoyed watching some of your games! And finally the guy in my group who borrowed my stick in the tournament... Tobey something? It was great meeting you, I was so surprised you could speak swedish! Watch out for the Mumin trolls ;)

Sorry to everyone I forgot, too many people to remember...

7. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    No i thought that u were a black man in fact i don t know why... Nothing negative don t worry =)

8. 40i4

40i4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mrxliiv
    XBL:
    xliiv360

I've added you to xbl friends. As soon as I return to my HQ i'll find you online so beware
    Great Van, pleasure to play against you.

Poland is 2h from england by plane, so it wans't such achievements. ;)
    I'm fucking glad that i met so many vf players, cool exp.

I thought that i'm the only such loser :) and then you came out and described just my case making my day..

Of course i'm kidding and such behaviour is unforgivable, so next time I'll force you to play with Zangief and i'm counting, you do the same to me :D

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  9. Ash (Atsushi)

Ash (Atsushi) New Member

Well, although I have been a member of Team Aussie Beef for last 10 years, I just joined into VFDC last night! So please allow this newbie to drop some comments for the great event we all have experienced.:)

First of all, congratulations to Itabashi Zangief to be the winner of Sega Cup Europe 2013. He is really amazing and I felt like he could see what I was going to do next during the matches against him… He's definitely the living legend of VF.

Also I'd like to congratulate Chofu, Kingo, Chief Gutti, Ujinozanani, Chibitox and Maki Le Sushi. I believe that any of these great players could be the champion of the competition.

And let me leave my impressions during this event as some other players do:

Kingo: That was a fortunate of matchup, we faced once in the group and another in the tournament! Your Aoi is awesome and I thought I didn't want to match up again in the tournament.:) But it was very nice to have some chances to play with you in casual after the tournament and really fun to play! You're the most competitive player I met in this event. Let's keep in touch.

Chief Gutti: Unfortunately we didn't have chance to play but it was brilliant to meet you in the event. I believe that the best match in this tournament was you against Kingo, that contained the full of joy of VF. Hope to see you again soon!

Chibitox: We also didn't have chance to play though I watched your Lion in casual and in the tournament. I was impressed you play very solid and really miss a chance to play with you. Keep it up and let's enjoy the Lion matches some day!

Maki Le Sushi: To be honest, you are the most impressive player I met during the event.:) Firstly it is unbelievable to hear that you started to play vf November last year and was surprised you played amazingly great. As you mentioned when we played in casual but in seriously:mad: , you took some matches on me! I'm sure you're going to be one of the top players if you keep it up. Hope we will meet again!

Krye: It was great to meet you. I remember we played some matches and thought "Gosh this Lau is strong!". You surely have got good responses and talents. Let's play again! :D

(to El Blaze player I played just before the top 8 matches): Sorry I could not get your name! It was very fun to play with your unique El Blaze.:) Now I joined the site so hope you can let me know your name and let's keep in touch!

Jide: Thank you for the great support during the event. Itazan, Chofu and ZAN ani were all pleased to meet you here in London. They've given some advices on the UK players so let's meet up again at the HoG and raise our skills each other!

Matteo: It was great to meet you in the event and I enjoyed to talk with you very much. Hope we can meet again. And don't forget to teach vf to your kid when he grows up! lol:D

Finally I'd like to say thanks to Sega, Unequalledmedia and all the people coordinated this event. Also thank you to everyone I met. It was great experience to meet all the vf players around the world and strongly hope I can meet you again!

10. 40i4

40i4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mrxliiv
    XBL:
    xliiv360
    Pleasure on my side.. :p
    You will have opportunities because soon i'll be online and definitely i challange you :)
    I don't think benny reads it but, anyway i'd like to thank him because i'm not sure if i came there alone.
    So if you can say something to encourage him to play do it, i'll pass it to him :)

Declaration:
    I'm coming for any other such event in europe. Offline playing is the way to go. :D

Suggestion:
    Wouldn't be better if the place were somewhere in central europe? Germany or something?
    England has one pro for sure, the commonly knwon lang. which makes travelling easier, but it's not everything.

Feel like me, i have to live with such name, i created it being drunk and *BANG*.. whole life fucked . :p
    ok i'll give you a hint.. if onyone knows me as '40i4' then 'xliiv' is the same, why?
    '40' = 'xl'
    'i' = 'i'
    '4' = 'iv'
    roman numerals..

I'll like your wolf and congrats for your new stick ;)

Ash (Atsushi), Sozos and cobratron like this.
  11. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

LoL I think you got it wrong. That's Ash Kaiser. This one is the incredible strong player who arrived 2nd :p

Anyway I'm finally home and after reading and smiling with all the other people report I'll share my 2 cents.

First thanks to SEGA for let this happening. I waited until 2009 when i did my first vf meeting. It was vanilla 5 era and I wanted so bad VF5R to come to console to have new meetings because i was new to the scene. I was the only italian back in those days but now it's a whole new story.

2nd thanks to everybody coming to the event, it was nice to see the old faces and meet some news folks.

Now let's got with some names in no particular order. Let's start with the uk folks

Marlyjay: It's always nice to play with you because i realize how bad/good I am. When i played you offline at hog it felt totally different from the streaming, your eileen can change really fast.

Jide: we didn't had the chance to play but you are always the nice guy who is incredible photogenic :°D I hope to get back to London soon just to have those matches we didn't have.

Feck: Finally i had the chance to meet you. It was since 2009 that i wanted to have an offline match with you, and I'm glad you had a taste of my Wolf full strenght >:D hope to have other sparring matches with you offline.

Aion: we had only a tournament match but it was nice playing with you. I'm sure you'll get a lot better, you just have to keep calm and... no wait you know that already i guess. Just find new tool to mess up with the turns, keeping it moral will help people like me a lot.

Electrolex: nice Jeffry. Honestly when i met you and we did some casuals I tought you were going to take brad, then i saw you take jeffry and i was really surprised. After the casual when you said that you were going to play wolf again i was smiling inside (and maybe outside but i was smiling all day long so you probably didn't notice that).

RyanHeart: talking with you in person made me realize you'r a really nice guy. I just hope to play with you in the future and share opinions about the game.

Ash Kaiser: The guy was so nice to buy me lunch while going sight seeing London. I hope you'll use wisely the tips i shared with you about our only wrestler in the game (because there's only one wrestler here). I just can't wait to play and hang on with you again.

Now it's the french crew turn

Kaleendah: Always nice chatting and playing with you. You'r my favorite french guy to hang on. Keep your passion up. Also you made my day when you said you made the vf france forum taking insipration from the italian one.

Chibitox: If kaleendah is my favorite french to hang on, you'r my favorite one to play with. I like your play style, I feel like we are more or less on the same level but you have the calm to analze what you are doing wrong and react accordingly.

Makilesushi: reading your report made me smile and all the salt I had is gone. That match was so intense that i lost something like 10 years of my life when I lost. I still can't belive you made it. I was paying attention to everything and you just changed completely playstyle. Next time I'll prepare more attack plans so you won't escape from my rage >:D

Kingo: ._. <-- this is you. You don't show any emotion ... usually ... but i was glad i put some smile on your bitch's face :°D I still have no idea and no tools to play with your Aoi so next time I'll do the ANTI KINGO's training just for you (which means discovers where you live and cut your thumbs...)

Segata: you'r crazy man, and so is your Lau. It's like a kamikaze going to kill everybody who's standing in front of him. Glad you had to change your killing style vs my defence.

and now the other crews

Settra: good to see finally germany joining the events. Your Jeans Kujo has some online taste but you know your stuff. Keep the karateka going.

2ndFace: It's nice to see that settra didn't have to come alone. Also it was nice to chat with you before the casuals. Keep attending every events.

Unicorn: your passion is always your main trait. your Wolf need to be really polished. Hit the dojo more and next time I'll share more tips with you.

4014: Great to see Poland joining :D your El Blaze is hella crazy. Fighting with you became harder and harder during our casuals session. Hope to fight you offline soon.

Gutti: honestly I don't know how put you. You'r from norway, living in germany, and with great experience with Japanese players since you lived also there. Should I expect you to come to live in Italy too at some point? :°D Really great matches with you, finally DWR saw how sarah can be played, and now I now i can't throw out stuff because you punish almost everything. Also there's a propose to use your face to promote the vf community with this slogan: "with an happy face like this how can the vf community be sad? We are always happy" Ash Kaiser's words :°D

Manjimaru: a nice cool guy. It's so sad I didn't play with the only jacky player a the hog. Next time I'll make sure to have time for you too.

Combolamas: I really like your Goh. Strong defence and nice tools to attack. Also a really great guy with a particular accent that I like.

Cobratron: Dude, you made a really long trip to attend this. BRAVO! I hope to do the same in the future and come to fight with all the folks in Us, east and west coast.

And now a special thanks to my bitches from italy:

DWR: dude we know each other since 2008/9 and other than being sparring partners we are also BFF. But please stop beating yourself because you aren't good at the game. That skills comes once you put yourself in the dojo and analyze the game, or after playing many matches. Now that you got all excited I'm happy, altought I tried to make you realize how good the game is.

G0d3l: you'r like the mad scientist of Back to the Future. You analyize everything. I'm glad I could help you during the tournament giving you some tips. Also thanks for coming to my town to have a warmup training before the trip and for all the tips about how obtain a meaty with max profit. It was also good to see you had the "support" of your girl :°D

JohnCA: you weren't there but you came to my town to have fun playing vf and hanging out with us. Next time we need to make something big in Italy, we cannot let the vfdc community live without knowing how cool is my place.

also big thumbs up for Ash, nice guy altought I didn't had the chance to play and talk with him. Chofu seems to be nice too, DWR had a nice casual session with him and the guy was willing to teach some new tips altought the language barrier.

Now I would like to talk about Itazan. The guy won the tournament, while doing the Sega Cup was also enjoying some casuals but I didn't had that pleasure :( The day after at the hog the guy just came in, saw SSF4 cabinet and went straight for it without even noticing the other guys hanging out there playing VF. Honestly i don't get the dude but the world is a mix of different kind of people.

There were also a lots of other people that I forgot the names or didn't get. To you I apologize, feel free to send me a mex if you had some interraction with me.

Also since i'm a social network addicted I would like to add all the guys to my fb account. Just pm me to do so ok?

P.S. we had also a spanish guest, a nice girl, Ash Kaiser's friend. On monday we went sight seeing London and the evening was really nice.

So I don't think I can write anything more because what's left is a nice memory of everyone and everything and the feelings cannot be expressed in words.

12. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

been piecing together my write up here and there. hope to have it done before i fly out to amsterdam tomorrow afternoon. reading everyones experiences are great and like Feck said before brings a tear to my dry contact lensed eye. ;)

13. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

40i4 u got the Ash's confused. The Ash with VF raffle stick is Ash Kaiser who uses Wolf. The Ash your replying to is Lion player who was in the grand finals. There was also one other Ash at SegaCup. So not suprsing on the confusion since there were 3 Ash's total at SCE.

14. 40i4

40i4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mrxliiv
    XBL:
    xliiv360
    You kiddin' me?
    Oh my god.. o_O
    gomennasai Ash/Atsushi-san :)
    I'm great fan of Your Lion since i played first match and i'm glad you are on VFDC.
    You are friendly, funny guy, i'd like to play and discuss more with you.
    I'm looking forward to have next opportunity to meet you.
    I remeber you'll stay england till november.
    Could vf community arrage another gathering till that?
    And another thing, in my opinion your fights against Ujinzanani was the greatest i've seen on SCE.

I'd like to thank also Electro Lex, man.. you say to me many warm and encouraging words when i was totally broke and resigned and ready to skip part of the double elimination going to eat.
    I'll stayed more until official results, and boom, i went further. So thank you, because if not you, i lost without playing. eventually i lost either but who cares ;)
    I hope we meet online soon.

Electro_Jacky and Ash (Atsushi) like this.
  15. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Ash Kaiser is the one that won the raffle

Ash/Atsushi is the jp monster :)

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz

Hey Ash - are you Ash the Ash the japanese Lion? :)

If yes, glad to have you here on VFDC and I really hope you will keep visiting it after you will go back to Japan.

Anyway it was very nice to see you there and to play with you! :)

Ash (Atsushi) likes this.
  17. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Yes he is =)

Unicorn, me, a guy with wolf body? loooool

18. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Loooool

19. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
  20. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Lol marly on the pic is like wolf win pose (to be strong is beautiful =ppp)

Ash (Atsushi) likes this.