1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[3 Aug 2018] Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Side Tourney @ EVO 2018 (Las Vegas, NV)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Kori_Maru15, Apr 25, 2018.

By Kori_Maru15 on Apr 25, 2018 at 2:15 PM
  1. Kori_Maru15

Kori_Maru15 Member

UPDATE #5: We have a volunteer streamer for VF5FS EVO 2018. https://www.twitch.tv/escapingworkforce

UPDATE #4:
    Switched it back to 360 from reading everyone's responses here. Plus, I have plenty of 360s around at my house from my SEGA fan event in Georgia.

UPDATE #3:

Right now I'm making a document to keep track on who's volunteering for this VF5FS tournament and is guaranteed to show up at EVO. We're going to need people who can

- Help with the double elimination brackets
    - Test and Run the stream
    - Commentary

If anyone has any experience with these following things. Feel free to send me a DM here or Tweet me @KoriMaru. Then from there, I can provide the information on how setups is going to be like at EVO.

Also if we don't happen to have enough people who can provide PS3s by the end of this week, I'll switch it back to 360.

UPDATE #2:

Hey guys it's finally Tuesday and judging from the poll, looks like we're using the PS3 consoles of Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown for EVO.

Now if anyone is attending EVO 2018 and has some spare 360 to PS3 converters for Xbox players, send me a DM here or message me on Twitter @KoriMaru.

Registration Link:
    https://smash.gg/vf5fsevo2018

Console:
    Xbox 360
    Where: Evo 2018, Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas USA.
    When: Friday August 3, 10AM
    Entry Fee: $5 (Plus Evo 2018 Event Registration ($60).)

Calling all Virtua Fighter players in the West Coast or any part of the world. We will be hosting a Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Side Tournament at EVO 2018 on August 3rd at the BYOC area inside the Mandalay Bay. The tournament bracket will be set for Double Elimination and if we have at least 32 entrants, the top 4 finalist will be taken to the side stage from 3PM to 4PM. The EVO Staff will provide us with monitors from their partner GAEMS and we are also welcomed to bring our own monitors and consoles with any version of Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (PS3, 360). Before anyone signs up for the tournament, here are the following requirements needed

- Must register for EVO 2018 (Link: https://smash.gg/tournament/evo-2018/details)
    - Provide your own travel expenses
    - Provide your own controller/converter/fight stick for each console

We'll keep everyone posted here if we have more updates regarding the event.

Here is the link to register for the side tournament: https://smash.gg/vf5fsevo2018

RULES:
    • Dural is banned
    • Default rounds and round timers
    • Random Stage Select
    • Loser can change character
    • Loser can request stage change (random select)
    • First to 2 games (best 2 of 3) (Pool 1 & 2)
    • First to 3 games (best 3 of 5) (Top 4)
    • Prize money is paid out from pot between top 3 at 60%/30%/10%
    We will require some volunteers to help out with equipment and running brackets!

Confirmed Equipment:
    @Kori_Maru15 : 2 Xbox 360s
    @Jason Elbow : 1 Xbox 360
    Confirmed Volunteers:
    Escapingworkforce : Streamer

If anyone has further questions about the event, feel free to ask myself (@Kori-Maru_15, @Jasonelbowthekilla, or MadeMan) on the Virtua Fighter Forums.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Side Tourney @ EVO 2018
Start Date: 3 Aug 2018 10:00 AM
End Date: 3 Aug 2018 04:00 PM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT

3950 S Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89119

Posted By: Kori_Maru15

Confirmed Attendees: 9
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 9
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":

Comments

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Kori_Maru15, Apr 25, 2018.

• Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Side Tourney @ EVO 2018
    Start Date: 3 Aug 2018 10:00 AM
    End Date: 3 Aug 2018 04:00 PM
    Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT

3950 S Las Vegas Blvd
    Las Vegas, NV 89119

Posted By: Kori_Maru15

Confirmed Attendees: 9
    You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
    The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 9
    The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
    1. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      It's not a matter of the guys not wanting to do it. Of course everyone would love to run an uncapped tournament and get a hundred entrants.
      The big concern is getting the tournament done in time for main stage. I'm not going to be there, so I'm not going to make the call on their behalf.

I feel like opening the tournament up will result in VF losing the stage time and stream time from Evo because it won't be ready in time for the schedule.

Alternatively, is our maths wrong? Will there be time for a 64 man tournament? @oneida, you already said your maths was wrong in the other post, but if it's possible to run 64, then maybe the guys can do it. Don't forget there's going to be overlap with other games running that day too.

Did these late entries only find out about the tournament after rego closed? Genuine question, I'd like to know if the reach of the news wasn't enough.

@Kori_Maru15 maybe you can ask Evo staff about this, and if you can get either more setups or more time to run it?

I'm sure there must be a solution to this. Maybe 64 can be done, but be prepared for quite a few DQs when people are overlapping with other games. Any help to skin this cat is appreciated.

@cobratron @Chief_Flash are you able to help run the brackets etc? Anyone else in this thread have more experience with tournaments than Kori!? The more help they can get the more likely they can increase the cap! Please do let us know!!
    2. oneida
    3. Jason Elbow
      Jason Elbow
      I agree. I believe Kori and escape workforce does too. But they will post on here. But ill letting you know im with it.
    4. Kori_Maru15
      Kori_Maru15
      Hey guys, read some of the feedback here and we got some exciting announcements to make this weekend that'll make you all happy!
      MadeManG74 likes this.
    5. kungfusmurf
      kungfusmurf
      What Tricky is pretending he's not going to Evo, holding out for psychological ADVANTAGE!? Bruce Leroy, please!
      Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
      MadeManG74 and Jason Elbow like this.
    6. Kori_Maru15
      Kori_Maru15
      [​IMG]
      We are happy to announce a partnership with Dropkick to help us support the Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown side tournament at @EVO 2018! Entry cap has been be raised to 64 and added $200 to the prize pool, and set up a @matcherino_ page where the community can contribute here! Be quick as we only have a week left until registration ends on July 20th!

The VF5FS side tournament is only $5 for entry here.
    7. MadeManG74
    8. MadeManG74
    9. cobratron
      cobratron
      Homestay is now registered for EVO?!?!
      MadeManG74 and oneida like this.
    10. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      That's awesome!
      Apparently he's there with Arika for Fighting EX Layer?

I hope the sign-ups keep coming, another 5 since the weekend so far.
    11. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Contribute to the Pot via Matcherino using the Code 'Dropkick' and you can donate a dollar for FREE! Limited usage applies, so get in quick!

https://t.co/7mVRVFOsFU

Why not? Let's see how much pot bonus we can get and entice even more players!

Also don't forget registration is still open! Please share everywhere that you can still sign up!
      Mister likes this.
    12. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    13. RayBlade
      RayBlade
      Need an update on confirmed number of consoles available.

If there’s any less than 8, it may be difficult to finish this in the allotted time and have the top 4 ready for the main stream.

My .02
    14. Blackula
      Blackula
      I had a question. Do we pay our $5 on site because when I registered, I don't remember them asking for any payment information.
    15. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Hey all, plans are to close registration on Wed night, and then brackets and pools posted first thing on Thursday morning Las Vegas time.

Any concerns please let us know! @Kori_Maru15 is sending out emails to all players with more details today.
    16. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Four setups, but the guys on the floor are confident they'll ahve time running it from the start of the day.

Correct, someone will be collecting cash at pool roll-call.
      Blackula likes this.
    17. Kori_Maru15
      Kori_Maru15
      The $5 will be indoor and I will be taking them up for you guys. I'm about to send everyone the email of all the details tonight.
      Blackula and oneida like this.
    18. Blackula
      Blackula
      Thank you. See you guys there. :)
      Kori_Maru15 likes this.
    19. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Everyone attending, please share this around:
      Starting times for Pools:

POOL A - 9 AM

POOL B - 11:30 AM

Tournament Organisers will need to DQ latecomers in order to get the brackets completed on time for the stage and top 4 stream, so please be on time, or let someone know where you are if you're not around!!

Please arrive on time or slightly early to take care of payment and get your name recorded for the tournament.

People who are absent for roll call may have to start from loser's or be DQ'd. If you're not available for your match, after a reasonable time you'll forfeit the match. You can still start from loser's, but if you're late for that match you could be DQ'd from tournament.
      Kori_Maru15 and Tricky like this.
    20. Tricky
      Tricky
      hardest part of tournaments is not getting DQ'd. Don't be that guy, show upon time.
      Kori_Maru15 likes this.