1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[30 Aug 2013] PAX PRIME 2013 - VF Sessions! (Seattle, WA)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Chanchai, Aug 29, 2013.

PAX PRIME 2013 - VF Sessions!
Start Date: 30 Aug 2013 08:00 PM
End Date: 2 Sep 2013 08:00 PM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT

800 Convention Pl.
Seattle, WA 98101

Posted By: Chanchai

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I'm organizing a VF session around PAX Prime. Most likely, you won't need to be a PAX Attendee to come to this session.

Right now the most likely night is Friday, probably 9:00pm-1:00am. Details are not yet finalized for location.

We can also schedule small meetups in the console room for those that do have a PAX badge.

For the Friday session, it is likely that players like MasaRED, Zass, Sorias, Shouta, Femto, and Steelbaz will be there among others.

Anyways, feel free to post here or private message me if you would like to play some VF sometime while at PAX. Even if only for an hour!

2. Chanchai

We have a small Friday night session going, nothing too big (unless people bring setups) but it should be fun!

Private message me for details if you want to join us ^_^

3. wingchun_warrior

wingchun_warrior Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Is there gonna be streaming

4. nou

nou Well-Known Member

No stream, just a nice get together that ran past the.posted end time, haha.

Shoutouts to Chai's roommate for.letting this happen!

steelbaz and Chanchai like this.
  5. Chanchai

I had an awesome time at the small VF Session I held on Friday Night (PAX Day One)!

It was wonderful to see and play with @Femto (Mike B.), @steelbaz (yep, he was there!), @Zero-chan , Hien, and @MasaRED !

Mike B. was the first to arrive and he brought a setup, which was greatly appreciated! I think it's good that he's working on Jacky and trying to both clean up his game and sharpen it. I'm still not crazy about using VF4: Evo to train (seriously, I think the FS Dojo is awesome for training and the most relevant option for FS). You can setup situations really well in the FS Dojo. So one of my recommendations is to use the FS Dojo. It looks like you know what you have to work on and what can be better, and that you are still improving on those things too. I'm glad to see that you hit check Jacky's elbow more than Blaze's elbow. As you already know, hit/whiff check everything you can and get used to responding well to all of that. Too bad I'm still bad at guard-checking :p But get good at Guard-Checking too, regardless of how bad my guard-checks are.

Steelbaz can really play offline and it is really fun to fight him in offline! I do like how quickly Steelbaz spots patterns or bad tendencies. I also want to thank you (Steelbaz) a lot for bringing both Sarah and Vanessa to this session, I really wanted Masa and I to train more in those matchups and I think it was very fun! I really need to acknowledge Sarah's long range mid kick and train my options when fighting flamingo, I do all the bad stuff against Flamingo lol. I was experimenting with different options to deal with it (in a hard-counter kinda way) and you kept hitting me hard with all of that. While the score looked good for me, it wasn't about score, we were both training the matchups and it was really fun and the rounds were usually pretty close ^_^ I want to play again with you, offline, soon!

Zero-Chan is always fun to see and hang out with! Good guard-checking (good punishing on block!), excellent use of 1P to drive my Lion insane, excellent use of the sabaki attacks to drive my Lion really insane! I'm glad you were able to join us on Friday and I always look forward to the matches and chats!

Hien was my roommate that weekend and I'm always glad to play VF with him and let others play VF with him. I was always playing a match on the other setup when Hien was playing so I didn't get to watch his play.

It's no secret that every time I go to Seattle I try to get Masa to come out and play and I'm so glad he joined us on Friday night! Thanks a lot, Masa! You are a friend and you are also one of my favorite people to fight against in VF! Great games on Friday, I could not control myself enough to level the difference between you and me on Friday, but I had a blast and I'm glad we had some very exciting fights! Hopefully next time I will adjust more and see where that takes us, but it is always 100% pure fun! The biggest trap of playing Lion against Shun is thinking that Lion's spacing (which is good against everyone else) is even with Shun's. It is not, it is comparable, but it is not Shun's spacing game--Lion must admit this and sometimes just fight forward ^_^

Again, thanks so much to everyone! And thanks so much to my roommates Victor and Hien for putting up with the VF Crew that night and letting us extend as long as we did!

steelbaz likes this.
  6. Chanchai

Update: Someone asked in our Facebook group what @steelbaz even talks about if he's not complaining about PSN (LOL, everyone understands this question and the humor in it). And I took the opportunity to expand more thoughts on meeting with Steelbaz that night ^_^

steelbaz likes this.
  7. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    lol @ the group :p

Was some really good work for me considering i'm absolutely horrible on 2P side and got to get tons of offline practice in with solid players. 2P side is the only side I played on all night, so I was glad I didn't drop too many combos, and that my execution was pretty solid (my timing on the just frames was a bit off). Was happy enough with Sarah since I don't really use her at all anymore, just practiced with her for a day or so before hand, cause you guys wanted that Sarah XP. Still need heaps of work on the 2P side as far as dropping combos and movement on stick, so I plan on doing more of that in the future.

It was a lot of fun, everyone was really cool, and I only saw one jacky flipkick all night, wtf!! Looking forward to more matches, wont be using Sarah much tho, be Vane and some Lion. Want to mess around more with Eileen offline, since she's pretty much unusable online. Was so nice to have her cancels actually work, very fun character. Wont be as much complaining about PSN moving forward since I don't plan to play FS on it very often.. Gonna shift to DOA5U and maybe 3rd strike for online (unless the netcode miraculously improves for FS).

Thanks for all gg's @Chanchai @MasaRED, @Femto @Zero-chan and Hein (played Jacky i think).

Chanchai likes this.