1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

4 Bay Area VF Movies up

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by feixaq, Apr 2, 2002.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I'll be uploading these to my VF4fx FTP server later on for public download, but for now, you can download 4 clips direct from my webhost:

Final: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.feixaq.com/bavf/media/bavf0323-akapan_akira.zip>Akapan (Wolf) vs Akira (Aoi)</a>
    Semifinal A: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.feixaq.com/bavf/media/bavf0323-akapan_feixaq.zip>Akapan (Wolf) vs FeixaQ (Lei)</a>
    Semifinal B: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.feixaq.com/bavf/media/bavf0323-segaduck_akira.zip>Segaduck (Jacky) vs Akira (Aoi)</a>
    3rd place battle: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.feixaq.com/bavf/media/bavf0323-segaduck_feixaq.zip>Segaduck (Jacky) vs FeixaQ (Kage)</a>

These four movies were from the March 23 tournament at Howard's place in San Jose. Special thanks to Jason Cha for recording and encoding the movies.

2. SilentKnight

SilentKnight Active Member

great movies.

is it just me, or does that game have different sound effects than mine? o_O

3. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Your fei is very strong Feiaxq, but I wanted to know how you did the kata stuff(g-canceling stances) I having trouble with the timing and incorperating it into my game. I dont have a stick yet, so Im trying to do this on a controller

4. DJ_Trunks

DJ_Trunks Member

It's great to see that VF competition is high in America. I thought Tekken had overshadowed it and noone really took notice of it here. I live in Jacksonville, FL...and there's hardly any VF competition. I've always loved the series but noone here plays, so it's hard for me to improve my game. Competition here is mainly MvC2, and in all of FL there's competition in MvC2, CvS2, and Tekken. I recently went to a arcade competition holding tournaments for all 4 of these games, and there was only like 5 or 6 people for the VF4 tournament. That was pretty upsetting. Oh wellz, we had a VF4 arcade cabinet at our local Tilt arcade for about a month or two......I enjoyed the hell out of it, but noone else played so they got rid of it. Watching the Korean videos makes me want to go to the arcades just to enjoy watching my ass getting kicked in next time I visit my family in Korea. Oh wellz......I'm writing a book here....I jus wanted to say it's great that comp. levels are so high for VF in some areas.....I wish I could visit some of those areas.....if someone could post some east coast areas where they're known to play VF I'd appreciate it. Thanx!

5. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

Great clips with good quality. I was very much impressed with Akapan's Wolf, especially in switching combos depending on how knee hits.

6. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Have you seen the Jamboree forum?? We play right here in FL!! Ghostdog is from your area. I'm sure he'd be thrilled to have some comp around. Come on down this weekend if you want. We have a gathering every Sunday in Orlando.

^_^

7. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

i don't think he didn't do much g-cancelling from what i can see. mostly just switching of stance quickly. At least it looks exactly like what i am doing now. You just have to input the next stance fast after u entered the initial stance.

8. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

are you sure? I'll have to try it, but I was told taht you had to g-canel the stance to be able to do the dance.

9. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Yup, i'm sure. We have one leifei here(Kiat) who can change stances as fast as shinz.

10. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

SilentKnight,
    Er, it's probably just you =P The sound was piped into the recorder direct from the PS2 over standard cables.

Jedi_Fei,
    No need to G-cancel, just u+P+K+G d+P+K+G db+P+K+G and repeat. My Lei and Kage play sucked that day, but not to take anything away from Yusuke and Howard, they play Wolf and Jacky very well respectively.

Shota,
    Yusuke (Akapan) is from Japan but is currently studying in SF, he used to play at High Tech Shibuya vs Bun Bun, Chibita et al all the time. You're right that he watches stance very carefully (for example, elbow-stagger him in open stance and he'll duck to avoid throw, elbow-stagger him in close stance and he'll DTEG). He also plays the initiative game very well, and responds to blocked, hit or MC P and d+P very well, so he's always a tough opponent to play against.

Danny,
    Ah, gotta play with you guys when I go back to Singapore next =) Although I'm slowly dropping Lei in favor of Kage and Lau now. ETEG ~ Knee vs Crane stance, Kickflip vs Tiger stance, and Struggle vs Crane d+K combo makes it a lot harder to play Lei nowadays. *sigh*

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Due to monthly transfer limitations, I've had to take the 4 movies off my webhost... they generated 4GB of traffic in 18 hours. The 4 files are now archived on the VF4fx FTP server (look under "latest files").

12. DJ_Trunks

DJ_Trunks Member

Where in Orlando? My friends and I go there often for the O.D. tourneys at Rockies Replay. (Last one sucked cuz only like 7 people where there) I can't make it this weekend, but I'll post when I will. Probably mid-may cuz we're planning on going to Islands of Adventure. oh and one more thing.....Jedi_Fei.....your signature quote is a little off...it's "It's like a finger pointing away to the moon. <smack> Concentrate on the finger and you'll miss all the heavenly glory". =) Thanx

13. DJ_Trunks

DJ_Trunks Member

My friend was curious at to how top tier VF playing looks. I'll defiantly have to tell him this site to get some videos. I explained to him that VF is the best "fight simulator". I feel like it sorta represents martial arts pretty well......a button masher (white belt) and a player who sorta knows what's going on (yellow beltish) has a good chance at each other. I think that's why my friend couldn't get into it, cuz he started to get it, but a button masher has just a good a chance of beating him. I explained to him that jus like in real life however a button masher or someone who jus kinda has an idea of what's going on will totally get owned by a really good player (red belt on up type). I don't know if this analogy works for all of you, but that's just how I see VF, and that's why I have alot more respect for it than other jus fighting games.

14. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

And now for something compl. different

Sorry FeixaQ for getting off of subject a bit...

DJ_Trunks, I used to play VF4 in the Regency Mall Tilt practically everyday until they took it out in mid-December. If you were a regular, I've probably played against you once or twice (I played with Akira). It's sad what happened with VF4 in Jacksonville, but that's in the past now. If you want to hook up sometime, send me a private message.

15. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

From what i see in the clips, you were really really off form. Were you nervous?I feel that your leifei perform better than your kage that day. Anyway, I didn't know that elbow staggers situation depends on stance. I tot it matters only in float combos and for certain moves to eat another move(spod eating lp in close stance). Is there any other situation where stance matters?

Ice-9 is coming already. When are you coming? I and zhifeng miss you so much. haha.

16. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

just a small comment. don't get mad or something. I feel that feixaq's lei fei is way too predictable at least in the clip of him vs the wolf. he kept doing the same things over and over and the wolfy fell for it.... eg. change stance in long range and do the arrow thingy(don't know the name).

And feixaq missed quite a few combo damage cos he did nothing or something can't remember.

And lastly, my friend, bro, me noticed that there is a lack of dodging.... Danny, my bro do dodge like crazy. hehe.

Anyway, nice clip. The quality is pretty good compared to some japanese clips.

17. SilentKnight

SilentKnight Active Member

no seriously, my game doesn't have such elaborate sounds like theirs did. maybe it's coz they had a japanese version? coz theirs sounded really different. like more swishy /versus/images/icons/smile.gif i can't describe it. i'll watch em again and see if i was just being weird the other day and heard some weird crap

18. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

just a note about the lack of dodging.... they are playing too defensively!!! ... what i mean is that they seem to bait the dodge in order for them to get a throw in...(i.e. low punch then throw) well they don't seem that way, it's just that i've played them many times and they seem to throw me while im dodging... so even if i do a dodge attack and they block it to punish me even more. it's pretty risky (and yes i do dodge at the right time)... and yes i was there but i didn't get far in the tournament. oh well that's what i think.

19. DJ_Trunks

DJ_Trunks Member

Re: And now for something compl. different

Hey.....I dunno if you saw me, cuz I can't remember anyone using Akira except meeh at Tilt. I played a lil bit while it was there, got discouraged when button mashers could beat me, and went back to my DDR. I'm the big korean kid with glasses, we held a tourney one time when we had the VF4 machine, but it was mainly for MvC2. Dunno if you know meeh, but PM meeh with your # or something and let meeh know when your available to play. I ordered my copy of VF4 from half.com last week, so I'm getting itchy wanting to play. I work at Blockbuster, but I can't rent it for free until AFTER 21 days past it's release date. My friend owns it, but he only came here once with it. =( Oh wellz.....jus sitting here and waiting.

P.S. I promise to start talking more on topic of the thread once I get my cable modem set up this monday =)....right now I've only d/led the Jacky jump over cross up videos and the final match Aoi vs Wolf. Which was a good match BTW..thought Aoi had it, but kinda choked at the end, like I'm sure we've all done at timez. =)

20. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: And now for something compl. different

I wouldn't Say Aoi choked.

More like Yusuke turned up the tempo to another notch when the match had to be won.