1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

4 Bay Area VF Movies up

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by feixaq, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

Re: And now for something compl. different

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I wouldn't Say Aoi choked.

More like Yusuke turned up the tempo to another notch when the match had to be won.

<hr></blockquote>

Despite Chris' old buddies in Singapore's good-natured jabs at his play, I would have to say the same thing about his matches with Yusuke. I know Chris doesn't think it's his best playing, but watching it, he's still exhibiting great solid play - good strong flowcharts. He's quite strong in all the matches, and I can't help but feel that Yusuke's got that ability to turn it up a notch making it feel like you just can't finish against him.

-Jason

2. segaduck

segaduck Well-Known Member

I can't agree with you more, Jason.

For the people who just watch the video clips, I don't think you can feel the pressure we had when fighting against Yusuke's Wolf. Maybe you will see that Chris' Lei just stood there and did nothing but hit by Wolf, however, the truth is that Chris did input "alot" commands which just been countered so those moveis couldn't come out. That is a very important part in a match but we can never understand it by just watching the movie.

Right now, I can finally understand that the top Japanese players are much stronger than us, because I have the same feeling when I watched their matches before. I used to think that "Why didn't he dodge this move?" "Why did he just stand there and be thrown?" or "How stupid is this move?". We really missed the greatest part of the competition in VF, which only the 2 players can fully undertand in the world.

3. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

I also agree, While I consider myself an intermideate player, I know that at the lvl VF turns into not only a huge def. counter game, but it all about tempo and mind games. I mean, it may look like people are getting hit by something over and over again without thinking about it, but really there are being led into it with no control over it. It really hard to explain but when you see it, youll know what im talking about.

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

It's always easier to sit by the sidelines n go ' ah u could have done this..n that..n this..or that...or even done that'

It's not rocket science at all to figure out yusuke was the one who changed the tempo or dictate how the fight should be fought.

""We really missed the greatest part of the competition in VF, which only the 2 players can fully undertand in the world""

well said Duck~

5. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Summers I couldn't agree with you more. The fights were really solid from what I saw, you can definetely tell that these guys play each other a lot. Fights tend to look different when you have two fighters that know each others play styles a little bit. I noticed a huge amount of respect, reflecting move selection and movement. All of these guys knew what weapons each one possesses. I am glad to see these vids from the Bay area, it gives me an idea on where my gameplay is somewhat and what other players in the U.S. are doing. I would very much like to play these guys in near future, maybe E3 =). later guys.

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

me too!

7. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

Very impressive Lei Fei. Good consistent movement and your ability to cause a confusion game's great. It's gives me and idea as to where I stand with my gameplay and is very encouraging. Keep up the good work.

-RIZ/versus/images/icons/cool.gif

8. Chan415

Chan415 Active Member

well, i got a chance to play with them Yusuke, Akira, and Chris today, and let me say, whatever you see happening in the video, doesn't compare to the feeling you get while playing them.

It's like there always setting up and baiting you, and then as you go in for an attack, they counter it, and bamn...sooner or later, your under a whole lot of pressure.

Anyway, losing in VF isn't bad, it will only make you better

9. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Yep, and that's why you see them playing each other very carefully in the clip/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

-Chanchai

10. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

Originaly posted by Jedi_Fei
    <blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

know that at the lvl VF turns into not only a huge def. counter game, but it all about tempo and mind games.

<hr></blockquote>

Ain't it the truth...

-RIZ