1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

6P+K

Discussion in 'Brad' started by deathsushi, Jul 23, 2008.

1. deathsushi

deathsushi Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

How often do you all find you use Brad's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif ? When I first started playing it, I used this move quite a bit, mostly for the sheer pleasure of the way it felt when it connected. Since learning more about his stances and options, I've moved on to safer options, like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or options that I can move into his stances with ( /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, etc.)

Does anyone have specific situations where they use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif that they'd like to share?

Cheers!

2. Jay David

Jay David Well-Known Member

When I gain advantage from my opponent using a big move I use it for punishment. Then I follow up with P, 3P+K P.

ExzetyXat1 likes this.
  3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Guard any attack that leaves the opponent standing with -14 or worse recovery, and it's your guaranteed combo starter.

If you duck under an opponent's high attack to make it whiff, instantly perform it from crouch for a combo.

4. Vortigar

Vortigar Well-Known Member

Very much usable after succesful evade as well, but remember /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif can cause side crumples so is usually a better bet in that situation.

But yeah, its Brad's staple punisher.

5. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

It's also a safer move to use as a delay attack than 66K.

6. deathsushi

Can you elaborate Tony? What do you mean by that?

7. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

After you block a move and your opponent evades, if you delay your attack you will hit him with what is called a "delayed attack".
    6P+K is safe on block and 66K isn't.

8. deathsushi

Ah, awesome. I tried putting this into practice yesterday, and have turned around on this move, thanks to you guys are your words and your advice and your music.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif FTW

Thanks guys!