1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

75 reasons you may be a VFDC addict!!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by uk_kid, Feb 23, 2002.

1. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

You know you've been spending too much time on VFDC when...

1. You know the first names of more than thirty of the regular posters;

2. You read something funny on the board and passed it off in real life as your own gag;

3. You talk to people you know about the board and it's members;

4. Your friends are constantly telling you to shut the hell up about "Bungle's latest rant";

5. You know and can correctly spell Chanchai's real last name;

6. You check there daily (though you deny it when asked);

7. You're still checking the board at 4am (or beyond...: I know some of you do it);

8. You start using phrases you've heard regular posters use, lah~~;

9. You can name different 'VF Crews' and their individual members (CrewNYC, etc.);

10. You saw this post and decided to read it to see if you fit the bill;

11. You've sent and received more than fifty private messages;

12. You've sent and received more than one hundred PMs;

13 You have, at one time or another, made VFDC your homepage;

14. You know GLC's real name;

15. You dowloaded an IRC client primarily to chat with other VC members on #vfhome;

16. You have changed your user profile dozens of times to let others know which characters you use/your email address/hobbies, etc.;

17. You know which board member says "brrrrooomm, brrooom...", etc.;

18. You have read a user's profile more than once (or should that be more than ten times?);

19. You have behaved unlike your real-life self in heated, childish debates over trivial issues (ahem...err...);

20. You know better than to reply to certain "comic" posters (Dynamic_League, etc.);

21. You are stuck in your ways about certain preferences (insisting flat mode is better, etc.);

22. You sometimes subconsciously click on the site's address out of pure habit, even though you meant to visit another website;

23. You assign Versus City it's own window in your web browser, so you can check back any time without having to re-type the address (God forbid!);

24. You write long posts such as this one when you have nothing better to do (bum!);

25. You know Piccolo's new moniker;

26. You've been around for years, and you downloaded old vid clips such as the Andy..Adam one, and the GodEater ones;

27. You can name all the other 'Cities' (Blast City, etc.);

28. You can recognise more than ten members from one glance at a photo;

29. You know not to criticise GLC when he's "had a bad day" (joke!);

30. You wonder if SummErs is really some twelve year old kid (joke~!);

31. You've logged on to Versus City whilst on holiday/vacation;

32. You've logged on to Versus City from several different computers, even though you were supposed to be working/studying (at college or a library, etc.);

33. You know DoomBoy's real name;

34. You STILL have no idea why Andy hasn't registered :p;

35. You've read this far;

36. You know the difference between Uk-Guy and uk_kid (eh, Ice? :p);

37. You've registered under more than one name, even though you know you shouldn't;

38. You have posted under an 'anonymous' handle, in order to stir things up a bit (not that I have, of course);

39. You know the FAQ like the back of your hand;

40. You talk to friends about the board even though they don't care one bit;

41. You try other web forums, but they "just aren't the same";

42. You tell everyone you want nothing more to do with Versus City, but fail to resist posting within only a month or so of being "away";

43. You lurk several times a day even when you're not posting;

44. You actually used to read Chanchai's verbose psuedo-essays (joke!);

45. You have met up with other VFDC members to play VF;

46. You consider yourself a genuine candidate for being made a moderator;

47. You know better than to read Ice-9's posts without a dictionary close at hand (enough 'semantics' already! [joke!]);

48. You no longer stare in utter amazement at some of Shadowdean's "off the wall" antics and suggestions for VF development;

49. Your eyes can only comfortably read online text if it is in the 'Verdana' font;

50. You are reading this nodding your head and saying 'that sounds like me';

51. "Booyah Daddy Mac! I'm Stylin'" is something you actually understand and remember;

52. You can fill in this gap: "Llanfair the Prized _______";

53. You could successfully associate tens of members' names with their chosen VF character(s) (e.g. CreeD -> Pai; Myke -> Kage, etc.);

54. You can spell and pronounce "FeixaQ";

55. You think of "Chibbies" when someone asks you to name a popular breakfast cereal;

56. Half (or more) of your ICQ buddies are people you've "met" from VFDC;

57. You actually start using the additional forum features in order to cope with your addiction (favourite threads, etc.);

58. You are constantly refreshing the 'Who's Online' page to see who else is as bored as you are;

59. You were pleased to hear that you can now check which thread people are reading - it means you can lurk even more;

60. You know which VF4 character has been recently nick-named 'Pig';

61. You check your computer's internet history and it reads exactly like the list of threads at Versus City;

62. You are well aware that Mr. Bungle and Ice-9 aren't exactly college buddies;

63. You know that 'Prince Hatim' is in fact a VFDC member, and not a British boxer (or a Middle-Eastern sultan's nephew);

64. You start using strange VF acronyms in every day conversation, even to people who have no knowledge of the game;

65. You find yourself waiting several minutes for a super-long thread to load up, even when you've read 98 out of the 100 replies already;

66. You realise that you can skim through the board with near-surgical precision and speed if someone is breaking the cardinal sin of dragging you away from your PC (and, alas, VFDC) (i.e. you know where all the buttons are without even looking at them, and you know which posters interest you, and which don't);

67. You realise that you are checking the board as if it was a TV soap (i.e. more for the insults and flame wars than the VF content);

68. You save threads as offline web pages to view when you're elsewhere, or not connected to the Internet;

69. You store the uploaded photos of VFDC members in a folder on your hard drive;

70. Your mother wakes you up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night claiming you were screaming, "Fuck me, Bungle's gone up the wall again!!"; "C'mon, Adio, Sarah fucking sucks - admit it!!" and "Andy, register already!!" whilst you were asleep*;

71. You count this list to check if there really is 75 points;

72. You reply to a post in furious anger at anyone who dares to spell your name incorrectly;

73. You read the board even when it is going through a dull patch (such as posts like this one);

74. (Help. I can't think of another thing to put!)

75. You realise you must send uk_kid $50 immediately for his efforts in putting together this list (it DID take me all of about half an hour...).

*If number 70 really does apply to you, seak immediate medical advice.

--------------------------------------------

BTW, please don't reply by saying 'you know you're an addict when you write lists such as this one' /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

2. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

"48. You no longer stare in utter amazement at some of Shadowdean's "off the wall" antics and suggestions for VF development;"

Funny that this isn't a "Joke~!" as with the other roasts. heh.

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

74. When you know the difference between uk-guy and uk_kid. Doh!!

Nice list, Phil!

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

5. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

hmm.. w3rd.

6. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

lol... way to go /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

1-15: /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif<font color=white>DODGE</font color=white>

16: /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif<font color=white>YOU GOT ME</font color=white>

18: /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif<font color=white>YOU GOT ME</font color=white>

19-75: /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif<font color=white>DODGE</font color=white>

70: /versus/images/icons/crazy.gifDoes it count if I dream about myself?

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Plz kid..
    how could u have forgotten to include 'CHOP!' as well.

Oh wait, u're not in IRC.
    hehehhehehehehehehehehe

well done /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

9. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Nice. As the old saying goes, "It's funny because it's true."

10. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your replies /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

And no offence intended to anyone I mentioned, other than in a joking way.

11. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

CHOP! lah~ -nt-

Can't you fucking read? It said "no text", you damn retard.