1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

9 La celebration

Discussion in 'Lau' started by Ryadus, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

I think some of you have seen old good 9 La's videos on VF4 CD. And some of you have seen his celebration. He jumps and before he lands he stops the mid kick and continues with two [P]. How do he do that? Is that possible in EVO?
    I hope you understand what celebration I mean.

2. Ragnafrak

Ragnafrak Well-Known Member

3. Aoi_Mei

Aoi_Mei Well-Known Member

I think he meant how to cancel the kick...

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The Version C Bugs post explains how to do Lau's jumping sidekick cancel. I don't think it's possible in Evo anymore.

But in Evo, Lau does have an unusual bug with his hopkick ([8][K]) which most Lau's will do after a KO. When you knock down the opponent press [8][K] and when you land immediately press [8][K]~[P]. What happens is the second command starts as a big down attack but is cancelled by another hop kick. The result is that Lau flys across the screen (the same distance as the big down attack) but with a hop kick. The further away you are, the greater the leap.

I don't think this has any application during the fight since your opponent will never stay down long enough for you to do both the hop kick then the big-down/hop-kick cancel.

5. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

Thanks for Izha to fix my message.
    Myke, I don't get it. Lau jumps up when you press [8][K]. Do I have to press [8][K] again before Lau lands and then press [P]. I haven't tested this yet.
    I know that Lau can continue two [P]:s after [K] when you land.