1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

a ? about Jacky/Vanessa auto-inashis/reversals

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Kingman3, Oct 21, 2001.

1. Kingman3

Kingman3 Member

I saw in the VF4 General FAQ that Jerky and Vanessa had an auto reversal/inashi against high/mid punches by holding the joystick neutral, which can be linked into other moves. Does that mean that Jerky and Vanessa can't be punched (at least when they're standing)?

2. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

yep...many times I've been playing CPU Vanessa and had one of my punches grabbed by her auto inashi only to try and punch her again after struggling out and getting grabbed again : P stupid I know

Once I got my SPOD grabbed twice in a row /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

To anyone who knows, do they both reverse elbows or just mid punch type attacks like palm and such, since the inashi animations both grab the attackers hand I'd tend to think not?

<font color=blue> I move through the shadows with neither sound nor form, I ride the winds and command the storm </font color=blue>

3. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

To anyone who knows, do they both reverse elbows or just mid punch type attacks like palm and such, since the inashi animations both grab the attackers hand I'd tend to think not?

According to Spotlite's Vanessa thread, any high or mid punch, upknife, elbow, or uppercut will get grabbed by Vanessa, standing and not guarding. If I remember correctly, Jacky's inashi grabs high punches and single hand attacks only.

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=orange>DOG</font color=orange>

4. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Okay, looks like I was wrong before. Since I'm just now TRULY understanding the reversal system, it looks like Vanessa cannot reverse elbows. According to the black book, just high and middle punches with the "Hand Hold"s and same with her command reversals, but with those she can reverse mid and high kicks as well.

Sorry for the confusion.

Spotlite

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

This is while in a certain stance.
    If you want to see what they look like, Jacky's can be seen at ftp://142.167.17.177/jacky_akira.mpg
    and Vanessa's is:
    ftp://142.167.17.177/vanessa_pai2.mpg
    ( think that's what I'm seeing. Vanessa gets pai a couple of times with it)

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

6. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Hey Spotlite, thanks for the clarification /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

I had some Aoi questions I was wondering if you could please answer for me (or anyone else who knows) I know Aoi is probably one of the characters you've seen least of but.

Do you know if her FC throw is tech rollable?

Can her new link throw be escaped?..since there is no mix up I was a bit worried about that.

Also has Aoi recieved more play time in Japan compared to VF3? have people you've seen had much success winning with her?

Ahem..well I've never really said thanks for all the info you've provided before cause I didn't want to sound like a bandwagon jumper : P, but thanks, an occasional mistake is nothing compared to the great info you continue to provide.

*quickly jumps off the speeding bandwagon*

<font color=blue> I move through the shadows with neither sound nor form, I ride the winds and command the storm </font color=blue>

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Yeah, Jacky has to be in shuffle step to get the auto inashi, but I'm not so sure about Vanessa. Can anyone confirm whether she has to be in one stance vs. the other (defensive system or muy thai) to get the auto inashi against punches? I'm assuming that Vanessa can do her command reversals (i.e. b+P+K or db+P+K) in either stance.

--
    "VF is the resonance AND the wonder." GodEater

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The only requirement for Jacky's auto-punch inashi is that he's standing neutral, and not guarding. No stance or shuffle step requirements.

The only requirement for Vanessa's auto-punch hold is that she's standing neutral in defensive stance (her default stance, with arms down) and not guarding. It won't work in Attack/Muay Thai stance (arms up). And yes, Vanessa has all her command reversals available in either stance.

Hope it's clearer now.

9. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

and Vanessa's is:
    ftp://142.167.17.177/vanessa_pai2.mpg
    ( think that's what I'm seeing. Vanessa gets pai a couple of times with it)

I think that's her reversal. When it happens the second time, you can see a missed reversal animation (similar to VF3). But the Vanessa player does it again in time, and the reversal comes out.

A really good example of Vanessa hold can be seen in the VF4_gam2 clip, available on FeixaQ's site. Props to Piccolo and FeixaQ, of course. In it, you'll see about five rounds of Vanessa vs. Lei Fei, and it happens about three times. Lei Fei breaks the hold once, but you get to see the options she has while the opponent is in the hold.

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=orange>DOG</font color=orange>

10. Madin

Madin Well-Known Member

from my brief 2 weeks of playing VF4 i found that you could also get vanessa's punch reversing holds to come out by pressing b+P+K. which kinda makes the leave jotstick in neutral option, second best. can anyone comfirm this?

11. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

The auto inashi offers the high kick/low kick/throw guessing game for extra damage...
    do Vanessa's [b|db]+P+K reverses offer any followup combos OTB? If they don't, I think the auto inashi is better unless your opponent is fond of poking at you with kicks or Akira's dashing elbows...

--
    "VF is the resonance AND the wonder." GodEater

12. alexchin

alexchin Member

So the guessing game with Vanessa's inashi is G, d+G, or P+G, up to maximum three attacks and the pain is over(I am at the receiving end of it, a Kage/Pai player... )
    How about Jacky's inashi, is it something similar? escapable? There's not many Jacky player around my area utilising the auto-reversal, yet. And yes, Vanessa players seems increasing since last few days.....

13. Madin

Madin Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that you'll get into the auto inashi hold by pressing b+P+K IF YOU REVERSE A PUNCH. This is in addition to leaving the joystick in neutral.
    I don't think she has a traditional attack reversal for punches, and lord knows i tried, you just get the auto inashi situation.

14. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just correcting myself:

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

And yes, Vanessa has all her command reversals available in either stance.

<hr></blockquote>

This is wrong. Vanessa's command reversals are only available in Defensive Style.

__
    <font color=orange>how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?</font color=orange>