A Deer In the Headlights (What Move Owns You?)

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by American_Pai, Apr 22, 2002.

1. American_Pai

American_Pai Well-Known Member

After playing VF4 for a while now I realize I must have some sort of mental block when I see some attacks that allows me to eat it almost every single time. My weakness:

Charge Attacks-An out of nowhere charge attack like Wolf's will really freak me out. It also doesn't help that you can delay it.

Vanessa's Tackle-My anti-move. I swear everything but the right response enters my mind when I see her duck down. I'll either try to dodge or I'll start tapping guard to flip her off before she even touches me (in my mind I guess I'm already tackled).

These are two of the dumb ones that hopefully I'll get over (I'm not gonna mention the various delay/throw mix-ups, that would take forever) but I am curious to see what others think. So what is your anti-move/tactic?

2. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Hehe, too much time in Kumite means I duck whenever I see a charge move, so Sarah's Crash Tornado catches me every time. Against that sort of thing (Wolf's charge move, Van's tackle), just mash PPP and hope for the best; usually you'll at least avoid the tackle, if not some of the better charge moves like Lau's P+K. I'm also a complete sucker for Jacky's Pd+K, but that's a different story. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Akira's d/f+p+k, that move sucks. If I block...................can't really punish. If I get hit akira can throw, evade, delay a Spod, or Double palm. This moves not one of my favorites =), especially when my jacky cant do shit about it. -4 frame disadvantage just isn't enough for a move that hits Truly Low, moves forward, and Crumples on MC. =( I'm screwed. J/K my jacky still owns =). later

4. justaNewbie

justaNewbie Member

For me it's Vanessa and Lei Fei's [K+G] guard-breaking aerial spin kicks. What always happens is I'll have a move like a knee blocked, then buffer in an evade during the recovery time. I guess their [K+G]s have just enough wind-up to make my evade "fizzle" and then I almost always get nailed... Grrrr! I suppose the best response (I play Wolf) would be to stay put and do a Reverse Sledgehammer. Maybe if I always evade counterclockwise I could get a smidge of extra time to block/duck right as the evade ends, too.

Anyone know of sure-fire ways to deal with these attacks when they're done at long- and short-range (maybe repeated low punches)?

5. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Lei Fei's ground attacks. I hate them.