1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

A Deer In the Headlights (What Move Owns You?)

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by American_Pai, Apr 22, 2002.

1. American_Pai

American_Pai Well-Known Member

After playing VF4 for a while now I realize I must have some sort of mental block when I see some attacks that allows me to eat it almost every single time. My weakness:

Charge Attacks-An out of nowhere charge attack like Wolf's will really freak me out. It also doesn't help that you can delay it.

Vanessa's Tackle-My anti-move. I swear everything but the right response enters my mind when I see her duck down. I'll either try to dodge or I'll start tapping guard to flip her off before she even touches me (in my mind I guess I'm already tackled).

These are two of the dumb ones that hopefully I'll get over (I'm not gonna mention the various delay/throw mix-ups, that would take forever) but I am curious to see what others think. So what is your anti-move/tactic?

2. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Hehe, too much time in Kumite means I duck whenever I see a charge move, so Sarah's Crash Tornado catches me every time. Against that sort of thing (Wolf's charge move, Van's tackle), just mash PPP and hope for the best; usually you'll at least avoid the tackle, if not some of the better charge moves like Lau's P+K. I'm also a complete sucker for Jacky's Pd+K, but that's a different story. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Akira's d/f+p+k, that move sucks. If I block...................can't really punish. If I get hit akira can throw, evade, delay a Spod, or Double palm. This moves not one of my favorites =), especially when my jacky cant do shit about it. -4 frame disadvantage just isn't enough for a move that hits Truly Low, moves forward, and Crumples on MC. =( I'm screwed. J/K my jacky still owns =). later

4. justaNewbie

justaNewbie Member

For me it's Vanessa and Lei Fei's [K+G] guard-breaking aerial spin kicks. What always happens is I'll have a move like a knee blocked, then buffer in an evade during the recovery time. I guess their [K+G]s have just enough wind-up to make my evade "fizzle" and then I almost always get nailed... Grrrr! I suppose the best response (I play Wolf) would be to stay put and do a Reverse Sledgehammer. Maybe if I always evade counterclockwise I could get a smidge of extra time to block/duck right as the evade ends, too.

Anyone know of sure-fire ways to deal with these attacks when they're done at long- and short-range (maybe repeated low punches)?

5. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Lei Fei's ground attacks. I hate them.