1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

A few pix of PS2 VF4 ads and setups

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Yamcha, Jan 16, 2002.

1. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

The big day is approaching soon, and stores are readying their displays and the ad campaign is rolling out. Just a few pics I swiped from IGNInsider of some store displays and a magazine ad. Too bad we don't see stuff like that here, really adds excitement to the launch of a big game. I need to get myself to Tokyo and swipe some of them cardboard standups.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ecvjz

ecvjz Member

!! you have an insider account?!
    What other 'exclusive' stuff does it have in that PS2 VF4 article?
    would it be possible to show it here??

3. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

That's it for the VF4 news this week. I just thought people might get a kick out of the pictures. These came from their Gaming Life in Japan feature, which is actually a pretty good without having to resort to Japanese magazines themselves. Plus they often have lots of Japanese video game related ads, commercials, billboards, and what not.

4. oldtimer

oldtimer Well-Known Member

the huge standee with Akira looks yummy!

=)

5. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

*looks strangley at oldtimer* err... fine if you're a female which i'm hoping you are, otherwise that did'nt sound right... (0_0)

anywayz, japan get everything!! it's not fair.... why cant europe have
    shows like that... (-_-) *sigh* those pics look cool though! yamcha, do you go to the IGN boards? what name do you regester as?

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to mention that every game store that I went to, VF4 was being heavily promoted. There was almost always a running video (mix of the arcade intros and the TGS clip), usually a huge poster, and I've seen those stands several times. And these are at very general stores like LAOX, the video game section of a department store (My City? Mitsukoshi? Can't remember) too.

If VF4 doesn't do well, it certainly isn't because Sega didn't try.

7. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Could VF4 be Sega's next million seller since VF2? I sure think (and hope so). If it doesn't sell in mass quantities, nothing from Sega will.

And no, I don't post on on the IGN boards, nor do I read them.