1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

A Mariner's Strength (A video thread)

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by Mr_Suntory, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Mr_Suntory

Mr_Suntory Member

Pretty self-explanatory. Post your favorite Jeff videos here.

2. Sithlord

Sithlord Well-Known Member

3. Frostycyke

Frostycyke Member

If I wanted to go look on youtube for top Jeffry players what names should I pay attention to?

4. TeeZed

TeeZed Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/user/McWzakky

Has a few good videos and i've always liked the style

5. Mr_Suntory

Mr_Suntory Member

I like his style as well. I tend to play more of a counter puncher (backdashing on wakeup is a nasty habit of mine). I did learn a few great tips from this guy though.

• 4K+G is a good for okemi (also a solid mixup)
    • 6K+G has a purpose. (Mostly for Okemi but I thought the move was useless)
    • 3K+G is an awesome combo starter (better than 6k).
    • STEP, STEP, STEP. When the opponent is in close range and 2p can't save you, don't be afraid to step.

6. ScoringJohn

ScoringJohn Well-Known Member

7. ScoringJohn

8. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    McWzakky is not a player to be display Jeffry's abilities, because he still has no idea what he is doing. His play is extremely loose, illogical, and aside from a rare combo, there is nothing to be learned from his videos aside from how not to play Jeffry.

Meattofu is only slightly better too.

It is really hard to find a worthwhile Jeffry player on youtube. Though that 2 hour character tournament that was posted up a while ago is really good.

[4][K]+[G]?

[3][K]+[G] is only good if you can catch them while evading. Use in conjunction with [4][6][P], or [K]+[G] if your back is facing a wall (a nice 120+ damage combo from this).

9. Mr_Suntory

Mr_Suntory Member

Then you know what you must do [​IMG]. I'm eager to see you play, Sebo.

10. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Quit Jeffry because he fucking sucks?

11. Mr_Suntory

Mr_Suntory Member

No Sebo... you were supposed to be the chosen one.

12. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    No fuck that. Sega can suck a dick for making a shit game.

Give Jeffry a low, and a consistent anti-low attack ([9][K] whiffs a lot, and [9][P] is so slow it is mostly useless). Once upon a time he had those, but Sega hating black people, had to take those away.

It's enough his throws suck ass. It's enough that the risk/reward ratio of his attacks sucks hard compared to the rest of the cast. It's enough that his best three circulars suck ass due to their speed (only work if the with the proper frames and an opponent who doesn't know about [2]_[8][6][6]/[3][3][G]). It's enough his punishment game sucks. And without a wall he is complete garbage.

I'm done with this game until I can find a character worth playing (maybe Shun/Lei Fei?) or Sega fixes this 2 year old game. They won't because, from what I know, the Japanese (and Sega in particular) are fucking lazy sons-of-bitches.

13. ZBEP

ZBEP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ZBEP
    AVGN? Hello?

Jeff has [4][6][P], an ex high, not the fastest move, i know, but it leads do near-100 damage without a wall, and strong okizeme setups.

14. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Did you not read what sebo posted? That can be ECDC'd.

15. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Sebo, Sega hates black people but not silver people, Jeffry's ducking low got removed and got transferred to dural. Ain't that a bitch? >=j

16. ScoringJohn

17. ZBEP

ZBEP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ZBEP
    \
    I meant to use it against low moves.
    And his 2-hit series, like [2][K][P], can probably work well against evades, 'cause there are no DM-moves now.

18. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    LOL, and I thought my jokes were bad.

I know this may be hard to swallow but just accept it to save stress, Jeffry is garbage.

19. Mr_Suntory

Mr_Suntory Member

20. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Kamais totally looks like tony montana!

[​IMG]

Chefboy_OB likes this.