1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

A Novice' Questions on the "Feel" of VF4

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by jason_krueger, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Well, I can't help out too much... but my understanding is, that with Vanessa, the dodge punch will beat out a low punch so if you happen to do that, you'll most likely get that Dodge Punch (MC) that gives you the option to low throw or combo.

I don't know Vanessa's movelist enough to comment on what to do after forcing your opponent to crumple aside from low throw, but she has options. What will probably work best is to download some of the Daioh clips that feature Vanessa and see what they do in that situation. You can find archived Daioh clips at VF4fx and Creed's site. Checkout the media section (above, between Versus City and Events -- NOT the media forum) to figure out how to get to those sites.

-Chanchai

2. Reijim

Reijim Member

Thanx for the reply Creed^^
    i think it will help alot the next time i play vf4

Vanessa doesn't have a f+p elbow i think
    she's got some mid backhand i think which can
    link to a high or mid kick and it's slightly slower
    i think compared to say Jacky or Akira's elbow

I saw only one Vanessa movie...
    it was a replay in my jap fren's cd rom

anyway that Vanessa player was apparently
    up against the best Kage player of Japan
    altho in that match he didn't use Kage...

more like Shun Di if i remember correctly
    and won 3 rounds straight

however.. most of the damage came from Muay Thai
    and when he was in Muay Thai mode he used sidestep
    pretty well...
    i'm not very good at using sidestep in VF so far
    still trying to block all those low hits LoL

And one of my Gripes wif Vanessa is that she
    can't auto change into the other stance after executing
    moves...
    that sux...
    she would be so much more fun and technical if she could..

Oh and do noe how she can jump on the wall and do a flying kick back... kinda like t4's wall jumping move
    i don't see it in the movelist...-_-
    but i saw it happen it the replay match (does every ps2 cd have the same replay matches??)
    that guy used the tackle which missed and vanessa was facing the corner, den she did it...

Hmmm... i'm not very good at browsing the Daioh site..
    and the first clip i downloaded consisted of some Jap guy doing para para dance... lost my appetite afterwards...-_-

so if possible could anybody direct me to a Vanessa vid??

edit- oh i didn't read Chanchai's post carefully... ok.. i'll go n try check out those 2 sites first...thanx

3. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

And one of my Gripes wif Vanessa is that she
    can't auto change into the other stance after executing
    moves...

Ai, I was wondering about that too... she really is 2 characters in one.

Oh and do noe how she can jump on the wall and do a flying kick back...

I think all the characters have some sort of off the wall moves... most are utterly useless... only for show. I think I remember Myke using Kage's in the Kage combo movie he put together. It helps if your character has good turn away attacks like Kage has.

Van's are f+P+K+G for the off the wall kick and uf+P+K+G for the off the wall flip. Those are pretty much universal commands for all the characters.

Myke and Alan Tan are probably the best Vanessa resources here... Alan is the Muy Thai master, but he's posted that he's unhappy with the changes in Ver C. There are some very good thread's on Vanessa--search for them. Just remember that they are mostly for Ver B and things may have changed.

4. Bronzefist

Bronzefist Member

I'd just like to bump this thread and extend a big thanks to all those helping out. I too played ALOT of Tekken since the original was released back on the PSX. Tekken 4 never held my interest, so I've been looking for a new fighting game to check out.

I'm completely new to te VF scene, having never played the other games competitively. I've also gravitated toward Vanessa and plan to use her to learn the game and VF system. I know that she's not really considered a "newbie character," but hey I like to learn the hard way /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Nice thread guys.

Peace,
    Bronze

5. MattFoo

MattFoo New Member

Hey bronze, not sure if you've seen my name on TZ, due to the fact that I never post, but have been a member for quite some time.

Anyway just glad to see another TZ member posting.

I'm pretty hyped up about VF4 although I wish I could play it at the arcade :-\