1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

A question for Shun players?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Hayai_JiJi, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if you wait to see if the chouwan hits to throw the backfist. I know I wait to see if it does connect. If it does then I'll chuck the backfist out there. I am asking because I have noticed on the videos I've seen that most players just throw the whole thing out before they know if the first hit makes contact.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Of course, though sometimes I throw out the backfist even if the chouwan doesn't hit (usually delayed). Don't know what videos of Shun you saw.

3. Hayai_JiJi

It was a tape of the Omaha gathering. Do not know how much it actually happened I just kept noticing it. Also noticed how much Ghetto-Shun rolls forward it was driving me batty.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

4. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

everyone's got different strategies.... i use the backfist at the most opportuned times like floats and whenever the opponent is open to it.... i dunno about you but i use shun as a taunting character hehe

5. Hayai_JiJi

He is my "bidness" character:)

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

> Also noticed how much Ghetto-Shun rolls forward it was driving me batty.

Sounds like someone wants to challenge Nelson! Maybe this'll pull him out of retirement.

7. Hayai_JiJi

Well if he is in retirement bring it on I am goint to make you my Virtua Bitch. If he has been practicing he would probally beat my ass to a bloody pulp in this game but it would be worth it to get him out of retirement. Past couple of weeks I have gone pretty much even with a really rusty Omaha Jeffrey.

8. shoda clinic

shoda clinic Member

In VF4, it seems that ppl are using the backfist(usually delayed), only when the chouwan is blocked.
    When the chouwan is hit, ppl usually don't throw a backfist because that way it is easier to
    connect to the next move in air juggle and more damaged combos, especially in Rev.B.

9. Hayai_JiJi

Hey can you still hit chouwan backfist > b,df+p > pounce in 4. Why would they throw it delayed if the upper did not hit that would move them into get thrown territory wouldn't it where as if the upper just got blocked they would be safe.

10. shoda clinic

shoda clinic Member

chouwan backfist > b,df+p > pounce
    Yes, it's possible if the opponent does not tech-roll after b,df+P.
    Ah, I was just trying to say that when they use backfist, they use it delayed as one of choices. Ofcourse stopping at chouwan or chouwan>chouwan are great choices.
    I believe in VF4 Shun is a beyond average character, and when he is drunk enough, he is devastating.

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

It's for people who automatically try to retaliate after a blocked chouwan.

12. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I totally agree. When I was in Shinjuku, Shun players dominated more than any other single character. The best of them were almost untouchable to me.

Spotlite

13. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

after the uppercut ( i can't spell the chuawa word cuz i dunno how to spell and/or say it) i either do the back hand to the df P, P+K, K combo or just the db K, K