1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

A quickie about throws.

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Prince_Hatim, Oct 8, 2001.

1. Prince_Hatim

Prince_Hatim Well-Known Member

As far as I am aware you can buffer throws in the execution frames af an attack (not too early though) This is SO effective, it looks and feels like a canned combo sometimes. After a high jab or a low jab is a good example. Especially after a low jab. It works best with throws that end in any forward joystick movement since this helps you to keep close to your opponent.

Throws are still very strong in VF4 don't be fooled.

<font color=red>The bigger I am....The harder they fall.</font color=red>

[​IMG]

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

*Images of Sumeragi's elbow-palm oraaah!*

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

hmm
    kinda sad to see this post lost amid the sea of new posts
    Hatim brought up a really important point.

<font color=red>~~~ 'Flock off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

4. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I just thought that this was the case way way back, in VF2?? I thought P giant swing was an IN thing back then.

5. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

mann these new techniques in vf4 are doing my head in!! there's just so much more!!

hey, hatim, do you by any chance have any videos of your performance (91 wins) i am really curious to see what you can do with lau in vf4...

are you in the tournament?? if so, i am looking forward to getting my ass kicked by you (mabye)

what other characters do you use, i use Akira and Wolf, those were my favs from the beggining..

6. Prince_Hatim

I'll most probably use Lau and kage, I know how to use wolf at a basic level, and I've messed about with Akira and vasrious other characters.

I should be there on the 21st.

A word about the "tournament" it's not a tournament, there will be no fixtures or any "special" organisation as such. It's really just winner stays on and each entrant's wins and losses are recorded. If you win loads you'll be top of the league. That's all.

[​IMG]

7. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

i train hard with akira in vf3, he's my main focus, but i'll probably use wolf because i am more used to him in vf4

i saw some harsh combos with kage when i went, this was my fav..

b,p+g(throw) b+p,k, p, d+p+k, (chain into) d/f+k+g

it was quite impressive, i must add..

i used to use lau also, in vf3tb, my team spelled out LAW
    (lau, akira, wolf)

8. Prince_Hatim

That's pretty sad........but it won't influence me to go easy on you, I'm still going to crush you.

[​IMG]

9. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

heh heh, we'll see.... (i really should'nt have said that!!)

just get ready to use your throw cancels!!..... (i should really shut up now)