1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

A shockwave file for ya'll

Discussion in 'General' started by Chanchai, Jun 1, 2001.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Well, this link was relayed to me from Dickson and I enjoyed it.
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.card1004.com/card/bsjj/53.swf>Not the Last Dragon</A>

-Chanchai

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    haha hilarious, thanks Nick!

wataaaaaaahh!!!

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

NP/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

I really love how well they spoofed what I consider to be the "top in hard style choreography." Even though they mocked it, they still captured it well and with low grade art. What I love about the choreography I'm talking about (the original source): Brutal, but not too brutal. Hard hits without exploding heads. Violence without insane gore. Small taunts and touches that give us lasting memories. Full reactions without obvious whiff or overacting. Finesse-loaded, but not overly done (you know, like where you tend to get bored despite the insanity of a sequence on wires). Neither too little, nor too much.

And nothing that tried to immitate seems to have beaten the original in my book. I did actually like the choreography of Sonny Chiba and all, but it just wasn't up there for me (maybe it was where they did the excessive--as you notice I feel things were neither excessive or insufficient, but balanced, in how I describe the choreography of subject).

Simply put, this spoof seemed to only overload the melodrama (which had me rolling around in laughter). The stomp. The finger (not that finger). The puke. The "this guy won't freaking die!!!" Etc...

Anyways, to get a clue on what we're talking about and my subjective rambling revolves around, check out the korean shockwave clip.

-Chanchai

P.S. The wonders of low-grade production never ceases to amaze me. Gotta love the South Park answer to moving along the depth-plane (everyone has their own standards so I would say X or Z depending on who's reading it).

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*waaaaaaa...achoooooooooooo~*

see the lighting kick!!!!

<font color=red>~~~ 'enemy not SPODED, enemy not DOWN/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

5. Guest

Guest Guest