1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

A tournament each night?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Chanchai, Aug 10, 2000.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Would anyone be willing to go for a tournament each night of the gathering? We could do different formats each night (round robin, elimination, moat, swiss, division-based, the classic race-wars which some have wanted--I wouldn't mind, it's just in the name of fun). Just something to add some intensity to the gathering and all in the name of competitive fun. Not to be taken too seriously (like if someone flukes and someone like me wins, it doesn't mean that I'm superior in VF, which should be obvious anyways), but it adds something to the gathering. Heck, we can even post results on the message board each morning. I'll even videotape it via camcorder to get crowd reactions and what not/images/icons/smile.gif

Just a thought.

-Chanchai

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Sure, during the day we can just spar, but furing the evening, we can have a tournament! Or, tournament in early afternoon, and sparring for rest of the night.

Can't wait to actually reverse one of Rich's kickflips!!! Oh, hell yeah! ;P

3. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

I am more or less indifferent about the tournament, but if we do, I would like to have it in 3 on 3 team battle format. I feel both single and team battle tournament to be equally competitive, but I've had more fun participating in the team battle tournament. This is just from my personal experience.

We can select the team members randomly or by some other criteria. Team members also get to know each other, especially among strangers.

4. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    I think it will be great! But, playing team battle on the DC version is annoying (i hate the loading time with a passion). If Rich brings his arcade monster set-up down, Team Battle will be sweeeeet!

<font color=red>ORA! ORA! ORA!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

5. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

No, what I meant was the each match will be fought in a normal mode, but the team has 3 players. Whichever team beats the other three first, that team wins.