1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

A translation guide?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by KiwE, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Tsobanian

Tsobanian Well-Known Member

Re: lol

NO! NO! NO! Shit I blew it!!!! I am sorry!!!
    When I play VF4, usually I skip the start and win poses.
    I played yesterday Vf4 Evo and I found out that Lau is not saying "kozakurashiiwa" as my previous teacher said (by they way fuck my previous stupid teacher!), but Lau is saying ( I am 95% positive about this)
    KOZAKASHIIWA!
    Means-> impudent ,a person who shows disrespect and hastiness
    (Thanks to TalimJP and his wife for assistance)

About Aoi
    "bu no michi wa kibishii "
    It's severe way to master the martial arts

If I blew it again about these two I am sorry-> we need an expert for translations!
    It is so hard to listen Jap ->especially to guys who speak like Lau, savage and completely uncivilized!!!

2. Crazed

Crazed Member

Re: Ok, I found some more (this might get long)...*

[ QUOTE ]
    sanjuro said:
    And then of course there's Jacky's mammoth cock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be a quite underdeveloped mammoth you got there /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif, someone with such a voice could hardly be able to surpass 2 cm (I know, i use the metric system, i'm Dutch, so, for all the others... 2cm is about 1 inch.)

3. Aoi_Mei

Aoi_Mei Well-Known Member

Can anyone translate all new win poses?

4. O_o

O_o Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    KiwE said:

Goh:

Round won: "Masateru to demo omotteiru no ka?" (It's something like "Did you think I was superior?")

[/ QUOTE ]

I speek japanese and i think he said "kateru to demo ommoteita ka?" meaning did you think you could win?

im not 100% sure at this, but thats wat i kno.

5. Neko

Neko Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Kanna_Nobutoshi said:

Lei-Fei

old win pose
    "shushu koujuu kono imiga wakaran youdana"( it seems that you don't understand the meaning of shushu koujuu){YEAH me to!!Sorry but I dont know what shushu koujuu means!?!?}[/i]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, I don't speak a lick of Japanese. However, I do speak quite a good bit of Mandarin. When I first heard "shu shu" I thought of "xie xie" (Thank you in Mandarin) and with the fact that he practices chinese martial arts and with Engrish in mind, perhaps they just missed pronounced "xie xie"? I dunno...does this flow at all with the rest of what he is saying?

6. Cephiros_VII

Cephiros_VII Well-Known Member

I anyone going to gather this into one "Characters' quotes guide"??

7. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    (I know, i use the metric system, i'm Dutch, so, for all the others... 2cm is about 1 inch.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow it's so good to see someone else use the metric system. I live in U.S. and I still have trouble with the "english sys". I just can't get used to those damn fractions, ie., 1/5, 1/8, 2/3 in.

Freakin the metric is easy and a bit more precise and plus the whole freakin world uses it.

8. gracjanski

gracjanski Member

what about edit the first posting here ( or start a new translation thread), where the first posting is a overedited posting wiht an overview and the current standing of the translation.

I upped the current standings:
    http://mitglied.lycos.de/gracjanski/Sonstiges/Translation.doc

9. Cephiros_VII

Cephiros_VII Well-Known Member

Pai Chan new win quotes

Can anyone help me with translation of new Pai quotes?

I think she is saying:

[8][P]+[G]: muo ooshimai sumaranaino. ??? (correct?)

[6][P]+[G]: ittaraki. ??? (correct?)

[2][P]+[G]: muo ooshimai deshui moranaiwa. ??? (correct?)

10. SuntoryMalt

SuntoryMalt Member

I know this is an ollllld thread, but I was checking my translations when I saw this thread—and I knew the answer to this so i wanted to help out. :)

“Shushu Koju” is a principle in Shaolin Kung Fu and it’s derivatives; that loosely means “defense first.”

So, Lei Fei is saying, “it seems you don’t understand the meaning of defense first!” In other words, “BLOCK!” :D