1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Abbreviations and Akira questions

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Muttah, Feb 21, 2002.

1. Muttah

Muttah Member

Hi, this is my first post. Nice to have such a great resource of info from advanced people. I am a Tekken player, but I also played every VF game (still, I had no-one to play with so I never got really hooked up). Finally VF4 got the deserved respect among tekkeners and I can test my skills vs people. OK, now the questions: where can I find the list of abbreviations You guys use? I can understand most of the spod, DJK and other stuff, but not all - is there a general FAQ for this? And as to Akira, what is the most damaging combo after b,d+p+g , SDE? Or the most damaging option for b,f+p+g to the wall? (OTW? I'm not sure). I usually do DLC after that, but You surely know something much bigger. Also, is there a combo after the two first sections of spod? As for the Shrm, I do this: Shrm , d+p , Shrm , Shrm. I don't even know if this is guaranteed, 'cos the opponent touches (?) the ground, but as for now, no-one has techrolled from it (we are all scrubs still, probably ^_^). Alright, that would be it - thanks for any help. I'm really sorry if I messed something up, but I'm still getting used to the new stuff instead of 1,2,3,4 and so on. So that's it - salute.

2. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

I guess I'll get the ball rolling...

<a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&file=vf_abbreviations_glc.txt>http://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&file=vf_abbreviations_glc.txt</a>

Click <font color=white>home</font color=white> at the top of page. Go to the <font color=orange>virtua fighter 4</font color=orange> section and click "virtua fighter 4". Either click <font color=orange>documents</font color=orange> or scroll to the bottom of the page and you should see several links, one of which leads to the abbreviations guide

Or the most damaging option for b,f+p+g to the wall? (OTW? I'm not sure). I usually do DLC after that, but You surely know something much bigger.

You could try:
    b, f+P+G (wall)-> P, K-> bodycheck (b, f, f+P+K)
    b, f+P+G (wall)-> DBC (deep bodycheck- b, f, F+P+K)
    From what I've seen, the opponent has to hit the ground first, and then the DBC hits them, for max damage.

Also, is there a combo after the two first sections of spod?

Executing 2/3 SPoD puts you in a situation similar to the reverse bodycheck (b, df+P+G). It doesn't give Akira or the opponent any initiative. In my opinion, it's better to finish the SPoD (P+K+G, b, df+P+G, b+P) for the guaranteed damage, since the SPoD can't be reversed. Though you can mix up a throw/attack game with the opponent.

3. Muttah

Muttah Member

Big thanx - that answers my doubts, but there are new ones :) What about the b,d/f+P+G You mentioned? Is there a highly damaging follow-up to this? And can I combo after the opponent hit the wall after the f,b+P+G,P+K? Could anyone point me to an in-depth VF4 Akira guide so I would stop bugging You with questions that must have been answered many times? Oh, and excuse the abbreviations question - I've downloaded the combos, counter list, etc. but somehow forgot about this one :meh:

4. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

What about the b,d/f+P+G You mentioned? Is there a highly damaging follow-up to this?

As far as I know, there isn't a highly damaging followup to the reverse bodycheck, guaranteed anyway. I've seen in clips where someone followed with another SPoD or standing palm, but again not guaranteed.

Try virtuaproject.com. As far as I know there isn't a VF4 Akira guide. But I could be wrong. Sorry I couldn't help anymore.

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I was playing with b,f+P+G combos the other day.

Some I got:

b,f+P+G (wall), P, DE, bodycheck. 113 pts of damage, ouch
    b,f+P+G, P, b,f+P, AS3. Requires good positioning. Not so much damage tho.
    b,f+P+G, f,f+K,K, ground punch. Easy and damaging.

6. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

in terms of damage, would'nt the shlrm be a good follow up to an off-the-wall b,f+p+g? i'm thinking more of a shlrm ~ body check / f,f+kk combo...

..... perhaps even a P ~ dblpm after the b,f+p+g?

7. Muttah

Muttah Member

As for the b,d/f+P+G, I meant the RBC solely, not as part of the SPoD. I mean, if I just do the RBC (throw) and I can connect SDE afterwards, is there something brutal I can do besides AS3? As for the wall combos, I read the "instant death combo" FAQ, and thought up a combo like this:
    f,b+P+G,u_d+P+K (aim it so that the opponent goes straight into the wall) , Yoho, DBC ~100. I'm not sure if it's very powerful for this situation, but AFAIK this is some damage ;-) Also DJK connects after Yoho. But there are some more throws which seem simply useless to me - b,d+P+G and f,b+P+G,P+K - what are these for??? I cannot get any proper damage after them. It's better to pull of the d/f+P+G and ground punch for me. If someone could elaborate on these, I would be very thankful. I think that after both of them it is possible to dash in and attempt another throw, 'cos the opponent would anticipate a SDE. I haven't had the chance to try it out in versus, though. And what about the options for f+P+G or d+P+G (apart from DJK, which for some reason [stance dependent?] connects randomly). And last, but not least - the fully charged b,f+P+K (blocked). My only follow up is Yoho, DLC but like all of my self-assembled stuff it is prolly weak :) Thanks again for the help, my combo arsenal is growing stronger ;-)

8. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

You can actually land 2 punches + dblplm if your far enough from the wall. The best distance from wall to do b,f+P+G is 1 1/2 character distance because the opp. hits the wall at the appex of the throw where you can easily land 3 punches, BC or 2 punches and dblplm ( if you can land a BC when opp. hits the ground after, more power to you, I havent...the timing's weird )

9. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Hey muttah -
    RBC (b,d/f+P+G) has no guaranteed followups except maaaaybe akira's sidekick. I've heard you can perfectly time it so that you can turn around and block the sidekick, but this is very tough and the sidekick is close enough to a sure thing.

If the opponent struggles, any other useful attack can be blocked. If they don't struggle, a super dashing elbow ---> DLC combo will connect. That's probably the meanest combo you can get on them, unless they hit a wall after being floated.

As for the ultimate combo of doom -- f,b+P+G, u, P+K can be used to hit them close to the wall, but they never hit the wall and stumble in this situation. So doing d/f, d/f+P won't work, it's too slow, they can turn and block.
    f,f+K,K is fast enough to hit, and that means super dashing elbow can hit, but having the wall there doesn't help. SDE ---> DLC is guaranteed in this situation anyway. Stuff I've tried: bodycheck (always gets blocked). M-dbpm (can't do it on a pad) ... knee (too slow, unless I'm messing it up).

For akira's other throws: b,d+P+G ---> d,f+P (canned single palm followup) ---> m-dbpm (instant double palm) is guaranteed afterwards, but it's not much more damage than a simple d/f+P+G, ground punch. I think it may even be less.
    It's also really tough, you have 2 frames (according to feixaq) during which you can time the double palm. Do it too late and they can block.

After f,b+P+G, P+K -- I hear you can land f,f,f+P every time. I never tested it. Try it near a wall and see if you can get a combo.
    Another option that's weak but works after f,b+P+G- do a bodycheck right away. I was thinking f,b+P+G, bodycheck, bodycheck might connect near a wall. But it may be too slow.

After f+P+G/d+P+G, you can land b,f+P, then AS3.

Your fully charged b,f+P+K combo is good. Probably a good player could struggle and block it though.

10. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

For akira's other throws: b,d+P+G ---> d,f+P (canned single palm followup) ---> m-dbpm (instant double palm) is guaranteed afterwards, but it's not much more damage than a simple d/f+P+G, ground punch. I think it may even be less.

ST ~ SgPm ~ DbPm is 66 pts, IIRC (at work now, can only reconfirm at home).

After f,b+P+G, P+K -- I hear you can land f,f,f+P every time. I never tested it. Try it near a wall and see if you can get a combo.

Dunno about SDE (haven't tried it), but DbPm is guaranteed after f,b+P+G,P+K

After f+P+G/d+P+G, you can land b,f+P, then AS3.

Break Guard ~ StPm ~ P ~ DbPm does the most damage in this situation. Also, b,f+P+K (charged) gives you the break guard where you can use this combo as well.

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Oh, forgot to add. In ver.C,

SDE (MC, KD) ~ DJK does the most damage. More than DLC, DbPm, DBC or d+P~DbPm followups

For QCB+P, the most damaging followup is still dodge towards back foot ~ DBC; however, DJK is very close (3-5pts less) and doesn't require you to figure out which is the back leg, and gives guaranteed damage vs. the variable dmg of the Dodge DBC.

12. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

d/f,d/f+p > AS3 after fff+P does more, but why bother? qcb+p dbc seems to cap at 75 on normal hits. qcb+p > ff+kk does 67. After the qcb+p connects near a wall or opponent not TRing, a knee > dbc can give over 100 points of damage.

13. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

d/f,d/f+p > AS3 after fff+P does more

Tried this against a CPU that tech rolls, the AS3 misses (tried this vs Kage)

14. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

ST ~ SgPm ~ DbPm is 66 pts, IIRC (at work now, can only reconfirm at home).

My bad, this does 60pts. 10 + 20 + 30.

15. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Chris, what is the best combo for akira vs heavies? I've been trying out but can't pull off high damaging combos after shram or knee. Thanks for your attention.

16. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Danny,

I dunno, dude, you're a far better Akira player than I am!

But anyway, I tried out the following against CPU Jeffry, normal hit, tech roll on:

ShRm ~ d+P ~ DbPm (61pts)
    Hits all the time, open and close stance. This might be the most damaging against HW, unfortunately. I looked at all the old Daioh clips with Akira vs Wolf/Jeff, and this is what the JP players used.

ShRm ~ P ~ DLC (66pts)
    ShRm ~ P ~ ShRm (63pts)
    The standing P only hits in closed stance, but will miss in open stance vs Jeffry on normal hit.

Edit: ShRm ~ DLC (62pts) works against Jeff, open + close stance. Boring, but it does 1 more pt of damage =P

17. Muttah

Muttah Member

Whoa, thanks for all the ideas! I didn't have time to try out all of this yet, but I think I won't be able to do those with the DbPm (I cannot get it to work without d+P, I prolly have to practice the timing some more). As for the combos after MC SDE, my set goes like this: MC SDE , df,df+P , DLC. It damages quite nicely ^_^ And what about the df+P+K? I do this - MC df+P+K , Shrm , AS3. What is Your choice? Oh, and I discovered that if the b,f+P+K (fully charged) hits an unguarded oponent, there is a guaranteed DBC afterwards (or maybe it is not ;-) Well, the damage is not very good, though).

18. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Thanks chris cos irritating kiat always uses wolf to beat my akira after his leifei loses.

19. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

"Try virtuaproject.com. As far as I know there isn't a VF4 Akira guide. But I could be wrong. Sorry I couldn't help anymore"

don't you guys worry, i've got a bunch of free time this week and am in the process of writing an Akira FAQ. granted, i'm not an expert at VF4, but am an avid fan, cutting and pasting stuff here and there and giving the said people credit; i'll let you guys know when i get it on the web so you can give me hints and stuff; we can help each other out.

20. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

How much does f,b+P+G, u|b, P+K, SDE, m-dblplm take off in points? Cuz it seems to change depending on how fast my dblplm comes out.
    As for HW combo -> shrm, P[G], shrm, d+K is rather succesfull, also shrm, P[G], shrm, BC occasionally makes it before he touches the floor. How much do these take off anyways? I know the approximation but it would be nice to have some numbers [ both are 63 points + d+k & 63 points + BC ( dont know how modifier works on BC in that situation, but doesnt take off much ) ]