1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Abusive attacks

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by TreffsikreTruls, May 18, 2002.

1. TreffsikreTruls

TreffsikreTruls New Member

who have the most abusive attacks and which attacks are most abusive? I think Akira has the most abusive attacks. many dash attacks you can du over and over again because they comes out so damn quick.

2. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Well, SDE is one of the game's best attacks, and can easily be abused, but it's definitely not overpowered (since it's a big linear attack, dodges eat it alive, to name one reason). Shun's chouwan is close in terms of frames and damage potential , but you don't see people whining about that one /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Guest

Guest Guest

low punch is perhaps the most abuseable move in the game. Its a great poke, interrupts alot, goes under throws and high attacks, gives nice advantage when it hits or counters, and only slight disadvantage when blocked. Also puts you in crouching position for any crouching attacks.

My vote for single best move in the game.

4. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I agree -- low punches can destroy a game. The fun part is when you're playing w/ a character that can reverse low punches. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

#1 abusive attack: d+P (for pretty much anyone)
    Other abuse attacks: Akira's f,f,f+P and d/f+PK
    Kage's PPb+P (not that it's anywhere near superpowerful, just used a lot)
    Lau's PPP, d/f+PPP, and D/F+PPPP.
    Pai's PPP (doh)
    Wolf's HCF+P(P)
    Lei's arrow knuckle. Also his PPP (I think)
    Vanessa's d/b+P (I think that's the move?)

6. Guest

Guest Guest

"Vanessa's d/b+P (I think that's the move?)"

If your talking about the Sabaki mid elbow attack then yes, that is certainly one of Vanes more abuseable moves. Being as low punches are so abuseable, having this move in her arsenal really gives Vane an advantage against low punchers. Sabaki vs low attacks rocks.

7. Kali

Kali Well-Known Member

Don't forget about.. throws:)))

8. solfizz

solfizz Well-Known Member

either of Aoi's (cancellable, delayable, setup-able) variations of her double elbows....and her double-stop, to an extent

yes, Akira's elbows

in my opinion, anybody with a low sweep like Pai's should abuse that (again, to an EXTENT hehe sounds like i'm contradicting myself)

the ground stomps/socerball kicks?