1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Active throw windows

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Jide, Oct 18, 2010.

1. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    OK, i've done a bit more testing with some other characters. As i said i set the CPU to crouching and respond with throw. I did 1 direction at a time and saw what landed from 2P and what landed from 3P+K.

Everything lands from 2P as expected. The throws that connect after blocked [3][P]+[K](opponent standing on 13th frame) are the ones where the input is [6][6] , [3][3] , [4][1][2][3][6] and [6][3][2][1][4] . This makes me think that the frames are likely the same, but the throw is just becoming active 1 or 2 frames later because of the motion required for the throw. Perfectly understandable with [6][6] and [3][3] , but i'm not sure why this would happen with [4][1][2][3][6] and [6][3][2][1][4] .

2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    1 frame active window on normal throws sounds reasonable. Although I don't think theres many situations where it is relevant. I suspect that catchthrows may have longer active windows.

3. noodalls

noodalls Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

http://www.mediafire.com/?6xcmcscgkmzi3hd

Two sequences to help people.

The first shows holding D for a certain number of frames, and then releasing. One frame too early to be throw, and one just at the right time to be thrown. The F marker is to indicate when 2P pressed throw.

The second sequence shows holding down to avoid being throw. Again, one just in time to avoid being thrown, and one just too late to avoid being thrown. This time, K (whilst guard is already held) is used to mark when the throw was input.

Throw on F0
    Release D on F7 throw whiffs
    Release D on F6 get thrown

Duck on F0
    Throw on F6 and throw whiffs
    Throw on F5 and throw connects

The conclusions I will leave to people smarter than me

N

4. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Thanks Noodals confirms that standard throws are 1f. But what about Wolf's Giant Swing and F5 which had bigger active throws in vf4. If you could test those two when you have the time that would be great. That will pretty much confirm things.

Thanks dude appreciated as always!

5. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

What program do I need to view these files. They're some strange format.

6. Jide

PSN:
    Blatant
    Media player classic or VLC should open them fine.

7. noodalls

Use avidemux and you can go forwards and backwards frame by frame.

8. noodalls

9. Jide

PSN:
    Blatant
    Thanks noodalls pretty much confirms things!. 1f

10. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Thanks, VLC worked. Strange Mac settings grayed that application out when i tried to force it the first time.