1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

actual vf4 shots or bullshit - YOU BE THE JUDGE!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Mr. Bungle, Feb 1, 2001.

1. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

/images/icons/tongue.gif

Wow, we both hear about it on IRC, we both post around same time :p

Lau Costume: Where's he from again? Is this a step in the MK3 direction?

Akira: His hair gets more and more "different" each time.

Pai: Interesting. Are the shoes implying that she goes out to AZN clubs?

-Chanchai

3. Guest

Guest Guest

ghetto designers im telling you!!! Lau has a gotee, ehehe and PAI's SHOES!! I dunno!!!

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The Akira shot looks fantastic!!!

ice-9

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Did anyone else find it rather odd that IGN's PS2 site published these CG renders of VF4 Akira, Lau and Pai, yet IGN's DC site didn't? The reason I find it odd is because these renders have NAOMI 2 plastered onto them, so I think any NAOMI 2 news is more worthy of mention on a DC rather than a PS2 site.

In fact, IGN DC state: "Our source also claims that Sega has revealed CG character shots to the public, with the expectation that VF4 will look similar. Apparently, Akira, Pai and Lau have been shown so far?" source: http://dreamcast.ign.com/news/30931.html

This leads me to believe that one hand of IGN doesn't know what the other is doing. It's more than apparent that at least Akira, Pai and Lau has been shown, because we've all seen them ourselves and as far as I can tell, they look pretty genuine (and pretty damn good to boot).

Anyway, this news about VF4 (VFX) being an exclusive PS2 title somewhat reminds me of what Tecmo did with DoA2. It was initially a US DC exclusive, with a number of upgrades which followed on both PS2 and DC. I don't mind if the home version is released on the PS2 initally. History has shown that the later revisions were always an improvement over the original.

The AOU Show seems so far away. *sigh*

6. Guest

Guest Guest

1. both hands of ign are transplanted from retarded monkeys.

2. these shots look familiar. havent we seen them before??? am i the only one.

3. wtf happened to laus hand. please, i dont need that.

4. akiras neck kinda looks a bit polygonal, but whatever. i think these are old anyway, see #2.

5. why cant flat mode be the default viewing in this board?

6. i liked the look of everyone in vf3 a LOT. i was hoping theyd look cooler, more pretty/handsome, more stylized, and more prerenedered-like in the next version. as oposed to harsh ugly reality with warts on noses and goiters on hands (lau). dont like the looks of these guys

7. the quality isnt a big jump imo. akira looks bad. id rather have a cg looking vf3 characters for all of them. (just try not to make jacky look inbred this time.) they should fix akiras hair, it looks like its done the way the grass was done in soulcaliber. (i know it isnt, duh.)

8. lau looks like hes a character from some other game. (not that he resembles anyone, but he looks like a character that other game designers would put in their games. and hes over-done in the fancy japanese costume same old boring way thats been in every other game. id rather something more normal but amazing just on rendering/lifelike quality alone.

9. someone please pop whatever the fuck is growing on laus wrist. wtf. if he hits you with it, maybe his hand should explode. now THATS gameplay. give me a job, am#4i9390.

10. i hate all this puffy costume stuff. ive heard about stuffing your bra (or crotch in the case of mr bungle) but this is rediculous. just put in mc hammer and get it all over with.

7. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Re: actual vf4 shots or bullshit - YOU BE THE JUDG

>these shots look familiar. havent we seen them before??? am i the only one.

yes, you are the only one.

>as oposed to harsh ugly reality with warts on noses and goiters on hands (lau). dont like the looks of these guys

BAH! i say. they _should_ look older, harder, meaner. not pretty, happy and stylish with perfect skin. real life fighters, for the most part, are not pretty people.

i think you're off your rocker with that "goiter" thing. what are you seeing?!

> the quality isnt a big jump imo

probably should hold judgement on this until we see higher quality pics, or better yet full motion movies and such. those are really awful scans.
    from what i can see, there are much more polys than vf3, and the lighting looks really quite nice.

>(or crotch in the case of mr bungle)

um, say what?

8. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

"Me! Me! I don't like this! I don't like that! I don't like the board's default setup! I don't like Lau's wrist! I don't like his whole hand! don't like puffy clothes! Me! Me! Give ME the job!"

Oh please... WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT POST ABOUT? I don't know... "am i the only one"?

Btw, you want the board setup to be changed, yet you haven't even bothered registering.

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

jtx, get an account and log on with it. You can set flat mode as the default view, as I have.

ice-9

10. Guest

Guest Guest

huh? whatever.
    i think youre a little too sensitive.
    a lot of that was sarcasm.
    im not saying that i demand the following, or whatever, im just stating my opinions. maybe you should install netnanny on youre computer so that you dont have to see me anymore.

i dont know what that "Me! Me!" interpretation is all about.
    just relax there, buddy.
    you sound like that dude who says 'Help! Help! I'm being repressed!' in the monty python movies.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

ah, ok. i never did since there arent that many posts here and i dont want to spend the extra time/mouse clicks logging in. im THAT lazy :p

i think anyone who is reading here would want to see all the posts so i dont know why that isnt default for non registered. deja news doesnt do it default but that is just so they can get more ad banner displays. most boards have flat by default, its easier.
    i know this will be percieved as a whining baby by some, so be it.
    but ill try out being registered if it ever gets to me that much. thanks

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: actual vf4 shots or bullshit - YOU BE THE JUDG

>yes, you are the only one.
    must have seen it on another board or site, but these have been out before.

>>as oposed to harsh ugly reality with warts on noses and >>goiters on hands (lau). dont like the looks of these guys
    >BAH! i say. they _should_ look older, harder, meaner. not >pretty, happy and stylish with perfect skin. real life >fighters, for the most part, are not pretty people.

vf has a kind of a technical, "finese" type gameplay. and also, the fighting looks very "clean." its hard for me to describe.
    the good clean looks go well with it. stuff like when you interupt people with a little punch and they fall back (or jabing people out of the air) isnt incredibly freaking harsh and realistic and brutal.
    if they decide to make vf4 really brutal id like the more realistic graphics but if its more finese like the others, it would look out of place to me.
    like in a real fight, if pai hits someone with a jab in the middle of them doing a round house, the round house will still keep going (and thrown off cuz of the hit.)
    the guy wont suddenly just start falling back in a prone or supine position. this definetly works with the gameplay though.
    some games like tekken can get away with looking harsh and it doesnt seem out of place to me because it doesnt have real finese type gameplay and when these little wierd moments happen, they dont stand out much.
    in addition, the fighting seems really clean. like when they are down, only d/f, p or k type moves or pounce moves will hit, others wont. its not like two football players in the mud trying to kill each other.
    theyre growing on me now, though.

still, seeing mean ugly realistic lau being jabbed out of a round house in a dark mean slummy street is gonna look a little funny to me. this is a main point.

>i think you're off your rocker with that "goiter" thing. >what are you seeing?!

the goiter was sarcasm. there are things called goiters. uh.. heheh..anyway, his hand thats up, the sleave around his wrist is puffed up way too much. blah. they are just kind of over the top as far as tradition to me

> the quality isnt a big jump imo
    >probably should hold judgement on this until we see higher >quality pics, or better yet full motion movies and such. >those are really awful scans.
    >from what i can see, there are much more polys than vf3, >and the lighting looks really quite nice.

on second look, the lighting is REALLY good.
    just picturing 2 fighters like those and some similar quality level, with this quality lighitng, it should be amazing. its growing on me already. pai is way WAY overdressed and i dont like the outfit at all. ill live.

>um, say what?
    just joshin ya

13. Guest

Guest Guest

that anon post in reply to mrbungle was me. nt

x

14. Guest

Guest Guest

see higher res shots in the IGN suzuki interviewNT

nt means no text, i will not explain it again

15. Guest

Guest Guest

I like Lau's look, for example Lau's eyebrows(face) are like the other games in the series,
    Pai has got a fantastic costume.....
    and akira looks cooler then ever with his dogi, funny how he is wearing his dogi though.....

maybe i will buy the naomi2 board it will have an external GD-ROM Drive so you can change the Games easyily it will also be naomi 1 compatible,......a PS2 version with his weak textureengine no way man......XBOX,Gamecube or naomi 2