1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Ad-free Virtua Fighter

Discussion in 'General' started by 40i4, Mar 25, 2024.

1. 40i4

40i4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mrxliiv
    XBL:
    xliiv360
    I hope Sega will make VF one way or another and it's gonna be a huge success. I wish it for them.
    On my side, would be awesome if they consider supporting additional ad-free path, so that everyone is happy.

I started to see ads in Virtua Fighter 5 Ulitmate Showdown.

We have to set a border, right?
    We've tend to accept small things for decades and now these small things are becoming huge ugly pile of shit, correct?

My story with VF5US
    1. pay for a game CHECKED
    2. buy the Legendary Pack DLC CHECKED
    3. buy Yakuza DLC CHECKED
    4. buy Tekken DLC CHECKED
    5. pay for Online CHECKED

And still ads? How do I have to pay to get ad free game?

Maybe I could ignore it if the ad was Sega game or something, but no, it was blatant ugly propaganda of some ecological non-sense. Really? Corporations that are focused on multiplying revenues at all cost, year to year, because investors would left them otherwise? Does even anyone fall for it? :)
    I can get advice on ecology from Tomasz Chałko (https://mtbest.net/) or from an Amish, but not from a bloody corporation. :)

1. Can someone tell me why I have to see now ads after paying so many times?
    2. I know the industry has become like this but who and when say STOP?

:)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  2. JKTwice

JKTwice Well-Known Member

Probably a test bed for whatever is in the next game. Maybe for other Sega titles too?

And yeah, I agree it is shitty. It was shitty in Street Fighter V when they just shoved in front of you an ad before every match, and it is shitty now with Ultimate Showdown. That being said, if they did a new Arena and City stage in VF6, I would not mind ads because it makes some sense. It wouldn't be better than "Excitement and invigoration are offered to all men", but it would fit the world if there was an ad in a Times Square stage than on some random ass sign on Wolf's stage where it's no one but him around lol. It would be like how Yakuza had ad placement for real life items and it adds to the world because you're in a big Japanese metro. It would be weird to not have authentic looking ads.

We should not be paying for the bare minimum of effort. SEGA literally hired a third party firm to integrate their tech into the game.

beanboy and 40i4 like this.
  3. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

All of the largest companies in the world are advertising companies. There are ads on your car's display. In your software and browsers. On nearly every website. In America there are blaring loud audio advertisements playing at all of the gas pumps. Ad free streaming video services still contains ads and product placement.

EVO literally doesn't even run a top 8 anymore. They reduced it to top 6 to fit in as many commercials as possible. Unfortunately ad companies run society right now. Video games and fighting games are no different.

The best thing is just not play new games if you want your life to be free of mental assaults from advertising companies.

40i4 likes this.
  4. 40i4

40i4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mrxliiv
    XBL:
    xliiv360
    I have easily replaced the cable TV and local radio stations with ad-free alternatives.

5. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    While the fake ad and real ad looks out of place in the game, I do not think what has been shown is a corporation ad (nonprofit org)...or maybe you are referring to SEGA!? Now that I am reading the quote again I think you are referring to SEGA...

Based on what has been written in the past...continued support and production of games is much more expensive these days than in the past (like everything else).

The ads does not bother me too much...but the deliberate lack of telling their fan base the reason for the ads is disappointing.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
  6. 40i4

40i4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mrxliiv
    XBL:
    xliiv360
    There must be reasons why things gone this way. Fine.
    Good thing is we always have choice. Choose smart.

Whatever the
    I don't care who is responsible for the particular ad. To clairfy it, I said corporations in general (all get equal chance).

You buy a smartphone and it's one huge ad board with pre-installed crap apps - alternative e.g. de-googled phone.

You buy a computer and it's one huge ad board with pre-installed crap apps - alternative e.g. Linux computer.

I need ad-free version of VF. If it's not possible nowadays, then I can play old VFs or find a new hobby.

Excuses or Be the change you want to see.

beanboy likes this.
  7. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Disconnect from the internet, you can play offline VF5US without the ads showing up.

There is also the PC emulation route. People are playing VF5FS online that way.

beanboy and 40i4 like this.
  8. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Me, I'm not a huge fan of ads in gaming. But unfortunately, that has been around in games for a while. I know that when video game companies, feature ads in their games, they make extra money everytime the ad runs, so it might be a side profit easy cash grab thing for sega.

But if they are advertising new or old sega games, or telling kids not to litter, or don't do drugs, like how they did in the 90's, to a certain extent, I have almost no problem with it. Provided that, they don't advertise any cheesy USA/American political/politics stuff, or hidden immoral cringe political messages, in games that I plan to play. But yeah, ads can be annoying. I play mobile games sometimes, so I know. Lol.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
  9. 40i4

40i4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mrxliiv
    XBL:
    xliiv360
    Maybe we could crowd found the new VF? :)

If they have issue with founding, why not starting a crowd founding?

So far, gamers have agreed to
    1. force console updates (update or console won't turn on)
    2. DLC
    3. fake DLC (street fighter? after it's paid, a new character is unlocked without downloading, do i remember correctly?)
    4. games assigned to accounts
    5. account banning just because
    Anything else?

Now ads.. . Does is look good to you?

Could it be that gamers are addicted to games so much that they even sell their souls just to play more?

10. 40i4

40i4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mrxliiv
    XBL:
    xliiv360
    My take here is.. .
    I hope Sega will make VF one way or another and it's gonna be a huge success. I wish it for them.
    On my side, would be awesome if they consider supporting additional ad-free path, so that everyone is happy.

11. shad

shad Well-Known Member

PSN:
    agent__cube
    XBL:
    doct0r cube
    For the adds in the stage, if vf6 follows this model It should be with an artistic vision so they would elegantly fit with the different stage designs. Use some cool original place holders supports not everywhere and wisely placed. For the Jacky urban stage : holographics, giant "Blade runner" vibe neons, lasers, pyromancy artifices, for others stages ballons, plane, etc.
    However I feel some more natural stages should have none like Jeffry's and other ones.

I bet Vf5us will be f2p later this year, may be this is the Midori's rumor Virtua Fighter reveal (let's hope with a vf6 announcement too xD).

12. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    So a "premium" subscription to not see ads or a one time fee to play an ad-free version of the game as alternative options.

40i4 likes this.
  13. 40i4

40i4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mrxliiv
    XBL:
    xliiv360
    I prefer
    > one time fee to play an ad-free version of the game

Also, a crowd founding or donate to new VF game would be also welcome. :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
  14. Tuch_MaBallz

Tuch_MaBallz Active Member

the adds are not ideal clealy but some of the ones i saw raised awareness for global warming which reminded me of robocop two - and you know i think its a little harsh to say someone lost their mind - look at bill clinton - he never inhaled weed - and theres something to be said for that