1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Adam vs. Andy...

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Dec 3, 1999.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi. I'm back from hardcore gaming. I saw the video of the fight between Adam
    and Andy ( cool video BTW ) and as an Akira player, I wonder why Adam kept
    using a dodge sidekick ( d/f+K+E ) at the begining of the rounds. I think he
    used this move in all 5 rounds !!! Why ??? I always tough this move was
    useless...

Thanks

Mad Akira

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The reason is because Andy loves to Korean Step, and so dodging as the round opens is likely. Adam wanted to embarrass Andy so he went for the d/f+K+E (the d/f+K+E will hit dodging opponents and in some cases, interrupt moves and counter). Also, one thing about Adam is that he is a rather stubborn guy, and he'll keep trying something until he gets it. So when he missed every d/f+K+E he's just even more determined to try it again and again.

ice-9 | Sennin

3. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Well......there is no real reason why i use it. Its just that i usually play Andy soooo much that i just like to goof-off sometimes with rather seemingly ineffective moves (but really only against him though (^_^)...

But that move does come in handy a lot (for me) when at the split-second moment i suspect the opponent of doing a dodge (not really having enough time to grab or crouch-dash into shoulder ram)...also the move is pretty awsome cause its INTERRUPT quality is great and when hit as a counter i can usually get a single punch followed by a super dashing elbow afterwards....

But Ice is right when he states that i am a stubborn mo-fo...i will keep doing something until i hit somebody with it (although i try to be not as stubborn when playing seriously) !!

<font color=red>ORA! ORA! ORA!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>