1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

ADOPT A N00B THREAD

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by samtheseed, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Shoot him in the head.

2. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Seidon that's crazy - what if you customised all your characters to have them wear glasses, would that work too? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

3. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Not going for the 5 damage or whatever it is on a downed opponent opponent is hardly scrubby, imo... Especially seeing as there are far better options.

4. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    From Sirlin's book:

"A scrub is a player who is handicapped by self-imposed rules that the game knows nothing about. A scrub does not play to win."

Shoot him in the head NOW.

5. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

If someone is putting those kinds of rules upon themselves, then they are not champion material. I can understand someone not wanting to play "cheap", but their definition of cheap has to go along with the game at least a little bit.

I usually just tell players that either they drop all their silly rules, or they only play the game casually (and expect to lose). Its kind of an ultimatum, but it's worked a few times. The times it doesn't work... well, you don't have to worry about those people...

6. Feck

I win plenty of matches online without using down attacks, online though so not like that makes a statement. Fudging Sirlin is a n00b anyways, thought that got figured out ages ago.

EDIT: Same with p+kp+k, DM p+k, k+gp and whatever shitty moves I can do, the only reason I don't use them is I think they look lame and I don't see the need to use them. I can see why they could be useful but I don't need to rely on them, same as I don't need to rely on down attacks.

7. smb

smb Well-Known Member

When i help someone out the first thing they need to do is go to VFDC and learn all thier max damage combos and practice them tell they are mastered. if you aren't going to take ur time to get as good as you can, i wouldn't use my time to make u better.

This is why i have seriously asked any of the amazing players here to help me, i haven't taken the time to help myself by going and working for hours on ETEG and Fuzzy, so i wouldn't ask GT or Konjoy etc...to mentor me. Yes i'll ask for post match advise, but not, "will you mentor me and teach me how to be better."
    I know the first thing they'll say is, ETEG more Fuzzy more.

8. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

First thing I tell n00bs asking for my advice is almost always learn how to get up properly. Learn how to quick rise/tech roll. Learn the different ways you can get up normally. Don't always get up with a rising attack.

I'll help any Sarah players out there, but I'm by no means anywhere near the best Sarah's online. (I'm usually on in the morning EST, so the majority of people I play are in Europe.)

9. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Feck, he doesn't juggle or follow up slams and flops.

10. Feck

I also never punish in guaranteed situations, don't want my opponents to take offense to it.

11. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Shoot him in the head now TWICE.

12. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Wait, it gets worse.

We play SF and he always goes Ryu but never throws hadoukens.

13. africanmadman

africanmadman Member

Ohhhhh.... I could have so much fun with this.....

I dare anyone to even TRY to adopt me......

14. HotD

HotD Well-Known Member

African Madman, are you gonna change your quote about always disliking throws? =}

15. PRIMAL

PRIMAL Member

some1 can adopt me if they want help me use Lion and Lau good

16. HokutoNoCat

HokutoNoCat Well-Known Member

Need someone to adupt me sum time FFS§§§

17. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Excuse me, is there an italian/somebody who can speak italian on this board? I keep bumping in SpareDifference and even had this mirror match where i've noticed that he doesn't know how to proceed after hitting with vanessa's back charge kick. I proceeded to demonstrate like 4 times how to combo after that but he just would follow suit. I even send him a message to ask him to repeat that combo for me, it would help him win games but he still was reluctant. It's as if he doesn't play to win /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif So if somebody speaks italian could you please put some sense into him, it's a pity investing so much time into a game and still not do some basic combos. Or tell him to join my match one day and start doing what i'm doing, i'm patient, we can go over all her combos together. Or ask him to browse VFdc. Anything. It wrenches my heart really because after i ended our session in frustration he send me a message "thank you for helping me improve my game" and i was like, GRRAAAH, but you didn't learn anything /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

PS: i've also noticed he's got soul calibur 1 and 4 in his game list and thus, italians having a strong reputation in SC, i still refuse to beieve he has a "scrub mentality" as per Sirliin's definition.

18. Linzhuomin

Linzhuomin Well-Known Member

Can someone adopt me?
    I play as lei-fei.

19. V_MIRZA

V_MIRZA Member

Not really a noob, but OH PLEASE VF PARENTS, ADOPT ME!

20. Black_Ant

Black_Ant Well-Known Member

Erdraug can you adopt me then? I need some serious help with Vanessa. She's my main, but I'm still terrible with her. I seem to have trained myself into a hole and it's too deep to get out on my own. You always have great Vanessa advice but I want to see it and put it into action.