1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

ADOPT A N00B THREAD

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by samtheseed, Jan 16, 2009.

1. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I sent you a friend request. Although, as i keep saying, i'm not a vanessa reference: Jeneric, Chefboy OB, QueenOfCarnage and Gewaiho (wherever he's dissapeared to) and others are miles ahead of me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

2. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

You should have saved those matches from last night. Usually when I fight I first try to understand what my opp is doing and then take that away from them, and at the same time switching up my attacks to cause doubt. You know that Im down if you see me on so hit me up.

3. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Add GFA VF and cadorna to the list. BlackLAC too, he's kinda absent lately. Same with Dai Bison since it was apparently his main back in VF4evo. There just too many players who can beat me with my own main /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

But since this is the "noob" thread, whatever that means, a warning to anyone who picked vanessa recently: the effectiveness of the moves discussed in the "best vanessa moves" thread is slightly altered online. For example, lag makes DS p,p,p,k and f+p,k,k a lot safer whereas DS df+k+g hit throw is less useful as the timing on the hit throw can be off making you miss on damage e.t.c.

4. Black_Ant

Black_Ant Well-Known Member

I already play QueenofCarnage and Cadorna regularly. I've learned a lot from both of them. I guess I don't really count as a noob, I just haven't played you and can tell that you know your Vanessa. I'm bound to learn some stuff from you as well. I figure since the focus here is teaching, I'll use you as my tutor.

I got the request and as soon as I have time to play again, I'll look for you if you're available. That seems to be my biggest problem. Being married with kids makes it tough to just go practice my VF skills. Oooh, for the old days of no responsibility!

I'm only 26 BTW.

5. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    adopt me
    ( :
    ive been playing this for about close to 2 months now... but it would much appreciated for a pro to teach me stuff online

6. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Now that this thread is revived, I wouldn't mind being adopted by a respected Jeffrey player /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

7. Adelheid

Adelheid Member

I wouldn't mind being adopted by a good Brad player.

I've been playing with him in the Dojo all morning, he's so much fun.

8. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

Ill be on around 8 or so tonight

9. Spanky

Spanky Well-Known Member

Assuming this thread isn't totally dead, I'd love some Pai matches and advice. A certain other fighting game has dulled my VF instincts /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

10. Dook300

Dook300 New Member

I'd appreciate being adopted by a Brad player. If anybody has any interest I'm usually on at 8:30p.m. or 9:00 p.m. here in California.

11. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

I dislike kicks. Don't anybody kick me or I'll pull!

12. Plume

Plume Well-Known Member

Hello, this thread does seem to be kinda dead.
    Still, I'll try my luck.
    I play Aoi. But even though an Aoi player would be great, I'm really looking for anyone at all who would be willing to help me improve my basics.
    Besides, anti-character is a part of the basics in my opinion.

13. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I detest full circular attacks. If you sweep me, I'm leaving.

14. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Jeffrey didn't work, I've picked up wolf recently, hoped that maybe someone can afford to spend a little bit of their time to give tips or something. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

15. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

"Jeffrey didn't work"

booooooo!

16. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Thats what I meant by what I said SuddenDeath, I posted a month or two ago asking for someone to adopt me as jeffry and no one replied so now I'm trying with wolf, Jeffrey is and always will be my main.