1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Advanced Techniques

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by SephirothKen, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I got corrected by Akai[/size] after I posted that. He says CD only avoids throw up to -6 (not -7). I'm inclined to take his word for it.

2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

He is correct.

3. GameOver

GameOver Well-Known Member

There was a little joke on DBZ thrown in there for DBZ fans . . . . . but anyways, I was referring to the instances when a learning player faces a higher-skilled player in competition, and instead of getting scared/nervous and getting pounded, he/she focuses to step their game up.

4. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

I missed this thread cause I've been away...

but I can come up with VF equivalence to most of what Sephiroth posted. His points really show a lack of understanding of what VF is about.

There are also alot of concepts in VF that's not present in Smash... but is listing them out really important? Don't want to get into a pissing contest.

5. ElectricLeo

ElectricLeo Well-Known Member

Actually, isn't this how Fuudo started? He ran around trash talking everyone, saying how he didn't even know the game yet but was gonna destroy everyone, and now he's the top ranked player in Japan or something?

Optimus told me that story once, I think, so blame him for all the troubles in your life.

6. SephirothKen

SephirothKen Member

I'm not meaning to trash talk people. Sorry if I come off that way.

7. Garbage

Garbage Well-Known Member

Doesn't come across as that tbh, just confidence.

Would it be possible to create a Smash strategy based on a defensive reactive game?

8. SephirothKen

SephirothKen Member

I'm not sure what your asking

9. Garbage

To be a succesful player, and base your gameplan around drawing your opponent on to you, forcing a mistake, and then reacting and taking advantage. So kind of a passive gameplan, dunno if this makes sense.

10. SephirothKen

SephirothKen Member

Oh, ok. Ummm, kinda. A lot of low tier characters in fighting games rely around forcing your opponent to make a mistake, and then punishing it as hard as possible. The problem with this is, when the skill level is equal between the two players, it becomes much harder to force your opponent to make a mistake. Some moves in fighting games, usually laggy, can only be executed if the opponent makes a mistake.

Basically, to answer your question, this style works if your opponent is of lesser skill level than you. Even then it's difficult. Not reliable.

Actually, I was just being nice about the way I put it. It's actually a very terrible strategy, and won't get you far in high levels of play. Of course you do want your opponent to make mistakes though, and your always going to want to punish the mistakes. But relying on it is terrible.

11. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

I remember how two certain FL players put themselves on the map in a similar manner.

Sephirothken, just come to a tourney/gathering and hold your own... that'll earn your respect.

Yes, that was a challenge. See you around? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

12. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

SephirothKenwhateverthefuckyournameis, I suggest you to stfu for awhile, play some quest mode, learn something about the game... then "answer" questions. okay noob?
    And I suggest jerky to stfu also.

13. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

^LMAO!

I knew that was gonna happen eventually, Shang is the man.

Ken, I think right now all you need to do is play the game and more importantly play other people in the game. So this thread is more important than the one you are reading right now.

14. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Geez, man. I think he was talking about Smash, not VF. Take the flame-cannon off auto-fire. Softer, gentler Shang FTW! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif You're on your own with Jerky, though. The love between you two is far too deep for me to have any say in it.

Oh, and SephirothKen... take Dan's advice and show up for some VF5 /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

15. SephirothKen

SephirothKen Member

Dang dude. I'm not THAT good.

16. comoesa2

comoesa2 Well-Known Member

^lol

Sephirothken are you playing with a stick or controller? I suggest a a stick because the comands are way easer to put in. But do what you like we have some very accomplished pad players here.

17. SephirothKen

SephirothKen Member

how the heck do you know where i live.

18. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Ummm cause I have friends that play smash competitively and they go to westminister gatherings and the OC tournament. It's kind of funny cause I grew up in little saigon, too bad there are no good arcades in the OC, it's a nice area.

19. Garbage

Heh, you should have said something like 'dude, take a look out your window!'

20. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

lol this is funny, I just talked to the real sephirothken on AIM. This dudes an imposter which explains alot.

Oh wells, I thought we were getting another high profile player.

Peace out, and keep playing VF, nothing new.