1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

after a few months

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Shadowdean, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

What is everybodies impressions of Lei and Vanessa? Any opinion changes?

2. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Vane rocks. She has a lot of potential that very few people seem to want to learn to utilize, sadly.

3. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

Mo opinion of both charecters changed actually, to the best! I didn't like Lei at first, and was neutral towards Vanessa. Now I play Lei in addition to my Akira, and I really like watching Vanessa plays. I am thinking of learning her sometime in the future.

4. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

I dont really like Lei because he gives me a little trouble when people know what they are doing. But Vane is Tooo sweet, I think that has to be one of the coolest new chars ever. Good new chars but I still stick to Pai.

5. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I really like both characters a lot.

Lei Fei is an overall nice character for just about anyone. Scrubs cannot use him worth a damn, but at the same time, there is an illusion that comes out suggesting they can, and they get encouraged to play more until some magical day or hour they decide to play seriously and learn how to control him. On the higher levels, I just find Lei quite entertaining to watch with a good amount of scope in his play. He has some notorious direct approaches to his game (certain flowcharts that can be annoying as hell), but he also has a lot of indirect or passive approaches to his play that can drive his opponent insane (or at least me). I feel that playing as him or against a good Lei are both big exercises in VF in which experience really is key. I can't just oversimplify everything and win on system generalization, I really need to apply character specification. Another thing about Lei Fei is that I think some Soul Calibur players will like the way he plays. His stance switching is similar to certain characters in Soul Calibur, some of his mixups are somewhat similar.

Regarding Vanessa, I love that character! Fighting as her or against her as always been fun for me, but getting a feel for her timing takes a good deal. I love the implementation of her Defense and Muay Thai stances, two very different styles that don't necessarily flow into each other, but are beautiful to watch when used interchangeably. The difference in speed and flow between these stances allows her to do some interesting things with the tempo of the match. These are some of the reasons why I really love fighting against Portland's Rayblade. His Vanessa has developed in ways that really impress me and though it's out to kill me without mercy a lot of the times, the challenge and overall flow of the match is just very gorgeous and fun for me. I just love how his Vanessa and my Lion will fight to control the tempo of the match. I feel Vanessa has brought something completely new to the game, something very exciting.

In general, I love Lei Fei and Vanessa. They've changed certain portions of the face of VF for me.

-Chanchai