1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

After Burner Climax on XBLA and PSN

Discussion in 'General' started by Shoju, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

It's 4 year old Lindbergh game so maybe there is some realistic chance of VF5R turning up at some point.
    http://www.gameswire.net/screenshots/after-burner-climax-26-live-arcade-shots_497.html

Considering Outrun 2 also got re-released as a download I would really like to see console ports of Virtua Cop 3, Planet Harrier and House of the Dead 4.

Really looking forward to the new Afterburner anyway and not having to pay £2 a go anymore.

2. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

We need Kamiya to say he wants VF5R on console. Maybe we'll get it then.

Anyway, I'm happy that ABC is getting a port at last. Look at all the beautiful blue skies that only Sega do!

I've also been wanting a console port of Virtua Cop 3 for ages. It was a really good arcade game and the bullet time abilities are some of the most well done in any game that features them.

3. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

I only got to play Virtua Cop 3 once or twice and now I can't find it in the arcades anymore [​IMG]. I'll have to go look in a few others like Namco Station and Play2win but it probably won't be there either.

Sega releassed Ghost Squad and House of the Dead 2 and 3 in a pack on the Wii so I would hope that at least the Wii could get it. Both Ghost Squad and HOTD 3 run on the same board as VC3.

4. Ash_Kaiser

I would like a Wii port as well. It would be perfect for it.

5. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

I'll get excited when Daytona USA comes

6. Ash_Kaiser

We probably won't get Daytona, but we may get Sega Racing Classic.

Which is exactly the same thing, but with less licensing issues.

7. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

Do you use a light gun shell for the Wii? I've been using the House of the Dead Hand Cannon which is a big weighty thing with a good responsive trigger. It actually compares pretty well with the arcade light guns and actually feels a lot more authentic than Namco's G-Con guns.

I do like to try and get the arcade feel for arcade ports, so arcade sticks for fighters, light guns for light gun games and will get a steering wheel eventually probably for Intial D. I wonder if any old PC flight stick would work with this port of Afterburner on PS3?

Other Lindbergh games
    www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=731&gid=2248

8. Truesonic2k

Truesonic2k Well-Known Member

I'll be buying this day 1. Loved After Burner 2 on Genesis and I've yet to play Climax. Watched a couple YouTube videos on it and was sold on it.

9. SoulKatana

SoulKatana Well-Known Member

thanks 2 mr. kamiya!! (bayonetta/DMC/okami etc.)
    he requested it several times and sega granted his wish because of his 40/40 game ^_^
    man i really wish he requested VF5R or/AND shenmue III... [​IMG]

<object width="560" height="340"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6fgKquOfh24"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6fgKquOfh24" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="560" height="340"> </embed></object>

anyway i'm happy with AB climax!! it's a fun game and will cost only 800 MS points!!

SoulKatana

10. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I mentioned they should say something about VF5R in the next Kamiya Answers, no idea if they will though. When they start asking for questions again, i'll mention it again.

Also that other guy in the vid with Kamiya, over at the Bayonetta forums he mentioned Daytona and Sega Racing Classic. Don't think it was anything to do with a console port though.

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Is this actually out yet? I had a look through XBL Marketplace last night and couldn't find it?

12. Ash_Kaiser

Release date hasn't been announced. I'd guess it'll be out around March-April.

13. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    I played the sit-down cabinet of AfterBurner Climax in the arcades -- the one that moves in coordination with the airplane you control. It's straight up bananas. It has the classic gameplay that I loved from AB II as a youngster, but with updated graphics and a couple of new features. Can't wait for this game to come out on Xbox Live Arcade. Still will miss the awesome cabinet, though.

ABC has been confirmed to be released for XBLA and PS3N in spring 2010 in Japan for ~$10 US value, but this game has yet to be officially confirmed for release in North America. Check out the link below.

AfterBurner Climax soars into view

Kruza

14. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

15. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

It's up on partnernet, XBL's dev area. She'll be out soon. It also has a demo for download on there, so probably will once it becomes available for purchase.

16. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    [​IMG] I would kill to have a partnernet account. Lucky dev, media assholes!

17. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

can you tell us what its like?

18. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Never played the arcade version to compare, but, it's fun. lol

Visuals and controls are very crisp. Kind of surprised it's a XBLA game to be honest and not a on-demand title or something.

It's crazy fast paced, and was really intimidating at first, but gameplay kind of clicks and it gets fun.

Keep in mind, I hardly played it, so can't speak on the game as a whole. Also, not really sure I should have mentioned it to begin with but I know the NDA prevents me from saying stuff like menu options and playmodes that haven't already been announced, so can't mention that stuff.

19. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    You shouldn't be saying anything at all dude. [​IMG]

20. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza

Without mentioning any specific details about the game, the best way that I would describe AfterBurner Climax is fast, furious and relentless action. And the retro music can be selected, too.

Anyway, it's funny to me to know that you're surprised that ABC is not an on-demand title because I've thought to myself many times while playing this game that I would certainly be willing to pay $40 for it even without experiencing the moving cabinet and control stick. It's even better that this happens to be an XBLA title that's being offered for around 10 bucks.

Unfortunately the example that's being made out of ABC speaks volumes for current lack of demand of shooters in the videogame market. Aside from first-person shooters, this genre has gone the way of the dodo in the current generation. But the consolation prize is that this game, Ikaruga and R-Type Dimensions have easily become the best bargains on XBLA in my opinion.

Kruza