1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

after low punch sabaki

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by Yupa, May 9, 2009.

1. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I'm a spaz.

I have never, under the pressure of an actual fight, been able to use Sarah's FL/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif to sabaki a low punch, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif-cancel out of flamingo, and connect a dragon cannon. It's not that hard, but I have some kind of mental block with it.

Anyways, I've figured out a way to time it that also provides a bit of a (abare) defensive option as well.

FL/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif(/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif works just as well.

If the sabaki is successful the high punch whiffs, you're out of flamingo and still have plenty of time to enter the dragon cannon to launch your foe.

If the sabaki fails, you're doing the quickest attack out of flamingo and you have plenty of time to switch up your following attack and continue an attack rush or block instead.

2. Mista_tee

Mista_tee Well-Known Member

not bad.