1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Agetec/ASCII fighting stick

Discussion in 'Console' started by Moby, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

Re: Agitec/Asci fighting stick

This stick is already out, it's called the ASCII FT2. I posted impressions of this stick in a thread on PS2 joysticks a little while ago.

For a picture of it:
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.subspace.net/gallery/mobysticks.jpg>http://www.subspace.net/gallery/mobysticks.jpg</a>

FWIW, it's slightly more expensive than the official Sega VF4 joystick, but has more buttons allowing you to play other games.

2. CigarB0B

CigarB0B New Member

I just wanted to post and let you know that you dont have to deal with the lacking console controllers that are out now.

you can go to www.geocities.com/cigarbob0

I offer TRUE! japanise arcade controllers and buttons for home systems.

if you are itrested and you want more info Email me at CigarBoB@yahoo.com

3. YuniYoshi

YuniYoshi Well-Known Member

Interesting joysticks, but your links don't work when you click the sticks and your orderform is ghetto as ****.

4. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

what is "japanise"??

5. YuniYoshi

YuniYoshi Well-Known Member

Yeah... this guy wants us to buy his joysticks and he can't spell, but hey, isn't advertising in the first place against TOS or something? Anyways why post and point out spelling mistakes? I don't blame you but why waste your own time?

6. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I've tried multiple searches for your impression, but I have not been successfull. Could you be kind enough to post them again or post the link to your impressions?

7. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

why post if you haven't played the game yet?? /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

8. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

Hey Shadowdean, it seems that entire post has been moved to the Q&A forum.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=questions&Number=25020&Search=true&Forum=questions&Words=ASCII&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=24619>http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=questions&Number=25020&Search=true&Forum=questions&Words=ASCII&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=24619</a>

But here are some comments on it anyway, plus a couple new ones on other sticks:

I've used the joysticks in nearly constant play for over a month now. The sticks are fairly heavy and thus feel really solid and stable. The top surface of the stick is great; hand sweat doesn't build up and never gets sticky or uncomfortable. All of the buttons on this joystick also mean you can play other games, not just VF4!

The buttons themselves, as you can see from the picture, are convex, which is what all Versus City cabinets are like (which is great!). Unfortunately, the buttons are not "clicky"... that is, pressing the button doesn't give a discernable click sound to tell you that you've actually PRESSED it. I don't like this lack of precision personally, so you've just got to bang the button all the way down everytime to make sure you've pressed it. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif That said, the button layout is perfect for all kinds of people, from big to small hands, from horizontal american-style layout to japanese-style layout.

The stick itself is pretty good. There are microswitches that you can hear when going from any cardinal direction to any diagonal. It's a square-based joystick of course, so doing complex crouch-dash motions for VF is a breeze. However, I'm not sure what it is, but I found doing the complex motions a little easier on the official Sega VF4 joystick (I have both). Not sure exactly why, they feel the same.

So basically, it is a great joystick aside from the button "feel", and u may or may not like how the joystick moves. But if you want to play other games, this joystick is a fine choice (you can't do that with Sega's VF4 stick).

P.S. I'd just like to mention another joystick while I'm at it, which is Namco's original PS joystick (they haven't made one for PS2). It's dark gray with yellow buttons and a yellow joystick knob. This joystick is fantastic, great clicky buttons and extremely durable (I've used one for over 3 years now).

P.P.S. There is also the ASCII Capcom vs SNK stick, which is nearly identical to the FT2 except for the art on the surface of it. Since this stick is slightly more expensive than the FT2, I don't recommend it. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

9. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

Thread moved to Q&A forum.

10. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Well...when I first got mine FT2 stick..I pulled apart the damn thing...cause it was sooo damn TIGHT!...dun talk abt CDs...I couldn't even tap U or D to dodge.

But to my pleasant surprise...I really liked what I saw in inside...superior quality...double protection for stick etc etc...

But in all honesty..it's not a stick I would readily recommend for VF....it's just not 'good enuff'

But for 2d fightgames..shooters etc etc
    This stick ROCKS!

11. Shadowdean

Because I have...assumptions..

12. Shadowdean

Hey, thanks a bunch for the info Moby.
    Its gunna be a tough call...But from your review, the asci stick really is looking like a great buy.
    How would you compare it to the agitec sticks on the D.C? I've had a great experince with them.On Namco's original joystick that you talked about - would you recomend it for VF?
    Summers - so you would go with the vf4 stick?

13. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Dunno yet...either I stick it out with this FT2 stick
    or I sell it (already found a buyer)...and buy the T4 stick instead!

After all..gotta prepare myself for Soul Calibur 2.
    It's gonna be AWESOME!

14. Shadowdean

Hope its going to be awesome...that is the operative word.

The FT2 stick should be just as good/bad for Soul Calibur 2 as it is for VF.

15. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

OK i'll keep this short & sweet:

1) Agetec sticks on the Dreamcast had better buttons than the ASCII FT2, but i didn't like the Agetec stick itself.

2) Sega VF4 stick has great stick and great buttons, but only 3 buttons for gameplay use. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

3) I like Namco's original PS joystick the most for VF.. both the stick & buttons.

Hope that helps!

16. Shadowdean

I heard that either Agitec or Asci is making a stick for playstation 2. My friend said the colors are blue and black, retails at E.B for about 30 bucks or so. Anybody have any comments/experince with this stick?

[*Subject edited to correct spelling - Moby]

17. Shadowdean

awesome..thanks...going to see if I can track down a original namco stick. You don't happen to know anyplace that is selling them?