1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

AGVF MEDIA

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by archangel, May 31, 2004.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

2. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

the first 3 matches are from day 2, the last 3 matches are from day 1, so u can see the big play difference overall.

feel free to say what's on ur mind ppl, thx for taking the time out to view.

3. Orochimaru

Orochimaru Well-Known Member

I like your Goh BK. Your is not as all these who only use [2_]+[P]. Really nice matchs. I liked the first Topic, I hope to see more really soon in this one.

4. Mysterio

Mysterio Well-Known Member

Yep.. Nice games all in all. I really liked game six, you had a nice flow there BK. liked the [K]+[G]>3/4[P]+[G] /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Some tips: (Yes, I have been playing Goh /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif )
    I think you use the shldrm to offensive. Use the knee more, it's TC as the shldrm but much more payoff!
    And one more thing, don't let the pai set the pace! You must poke like there's no tomorrow! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Anyways, great games guys, gimme some more! /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

5. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Ok, I guess you would like some suggestions / opinions and so on about your Goh (I always loved your wolf playstyle - didn't know it was you in absolution even).

Try not to let the pai dominate the pace of the game as much, use p mixups like p>3p, pp, 6pp 66p+k, (normal k more then 3k if you're not right next to eachother), and so on more (you have to slow down the tempo abit in order to threathen with throws) and if he still insists on hanging with you in punchspeed and tries his own punches and elbows use p+k or MC tools like 4p and 1k etc and backdash 46p more (you have to punish someone being aggressive against goh) and the knee. Maybe should try and use Goh's knee abit more as an offensive tool aswell as it's also just TC like the shldrm but more payoff on MC. In a situation where the other will just gaurd or evade>attack to keep offence don't forget 66k+g>2p+g.

Keep media coming.

/KiwE

6. stpROCK

stpROCK Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Maldarak
    XBL:
    Ad4M
    Nice Goh; to my mind you could handle this pai quite well!
    Really cool to see some ambitous gohs aroud here! You try to do some cool things with him! Go on!

7. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

hi, thx for the replies, i will RE: some things which have been said.

one thing which was mentioned is not to let pai take over. well in all fairness it's pretty much a supremley unbalanced match and goh is painfully linear, so yeah, there are some tools to use, but it is much more limited as No.1, pai's swallow kick will beat shlrms at the norm sit where it will beat mids at dis (also her attack is 13 frames) and No2, pai's rising palms is not sabakiable, so in situations where i perform this at dis, i will get MCed and launched. No.3, she is just plain fast and very active. i'm still learning goh too^^, so yeah, i will learn by taking bare licks first ofcourse.

RE: to using knees more than shlrms.

for one, shlrm is 1 frame slower, and it will do the same proporties even on normal hit. it will also beat much more attacks when you are in a jabbing mess with it's weird hit proporties.

the knee however is much harder to setup. you try to put yourself at adv, and pai evades making me look like a donkey, the only succesful times i can use it more effectively is in reverse nitaku. for shlm i can use much more offensively because it hits on dis and in arquard situations. also that knee will only get +1 on normal hit, so if i try a delay method, and get normal hit, it's not much at all. much more risk. but yeah, there are ways to set it up, but those who dont play pai's often, u really dont know!!^^

EDIT: that wolf in abs is not me, i have no matches saved because i did not attend the second day. i qualifyed with only 2 losses out of 13 or so (one being ryan -____-*). but i could not make the tourney regardless. jun is the best wolf here anywayz, so meh.

8. Orochimaru

Excuse me Archangel, i know that's explained in the Item's FAQ but how did you get your Panda-Chi? What does to be reversed mean?

9. archangel

I should really point you in the directing of Myke's Item FAQ but i';ll just tell u instead

To get item

above 2-dan, get reversed 5 times for 2 match rounds, 7 times for 3 match rounds, 9 times for 4 match rounds, more than 11 times for 5 match rounds, and lose the match

To remove item

reverse opponent more than 2 times for 1 ~ 2 match rounds, 4 times for 3 match rounds, 6 times for 4 match rounds, 8 times for 5 match rounds and win the match.

Hope that helps.

10. archangel

11. Orochimaru

In fact, i don't understand what to get reversed means /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif I'm looking for an explication with other words or with an exemple /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    I'm so sorry, my english is not good enough for the moment /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

12. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

being reversed just mean getting reversalled or counter attacked could be another word (i.e b+p+k with pai)....

general side notes for all..

the wolf vs kage (ironpalm) matches on the previous page are weeks old now, they took place at a home gathering at onny's place. kudos to ironpalm's kage for it is great at pressure, real solid... so tough to take on!

13. ironpalm

ironpalm Member

yeah we had some really good games BK it was good fun, your wolf is very dangerous, i was impressed with your ability to perform the perfect giant swing , we must have another session soon.

14. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

ok I got 2 vids of those crazy 2 fighting again, we should really have a get 2gether and actually save replays, lol. Anyway, here the clips:

Part 1

Part 2

Was supposed to be a 3rd vid but I ran outta space.

15. archangel

what happened to the 2 matches sort the links out dude.