1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Ahhh, competitive arcade VF at last

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ice-9, Jun 9, 2001.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Was in Causeway Bay arcade today grabbing a quick dinner and break before coming back here for work, and coincidence enough, there were actually two people playing!

One of them asked me if I was ice-9, so I guess they visit this site from time to time. They weren't Joe Shun though; apparently there's another arcade in HK that has VF3, Cybercity at Mongkok. If I have time, I'll definitely try to check it out.

The guy who recognized me played Aoi and Sarah mostly in combination with some other characters (Akira, Wolf and Pai I think). I really like his Sarah. There are definitely too few Sarah players today and his Sarah wasn't even the "typical" type. He had a flawless moonsault and I don't even think I saw him miss once.

The other player was a Pai player, but I did remember him playing Taka and occasionally Kage. I had a pretty fun time playing with them and although I was a bit nervous at first I became very relaxed as I got used to the arcade. I'm glad that the atmosphere wasn't tense at all, although I thought the arcade was cold as hell and could barely stop shivering.

You know what struck me the most about playing competitively on the arcade again? The lost art of positioning oneself on a seat. You know how sometimes you're sitting slightly askew and you realize that pressing D/F is actually D? Yeah, that happened a lot, heh heh. But I got used to it pretty quick. Too spoiled by the Agetechs, I guess.

Anyway, time permitting, I'll try to go to Mongkok tomorrow at around the same time (8 pm to 9 pm). It's doubtful though; I have two projects to finish up by Sunday night and Monday morning. I'll probably post on this thread if I can make it.

2. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

You....BASTARD!!!/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Ahhh, competitive play. I miss those days!!

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=blue>DOG</font color=blue>

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Man...I cannot remember when was the last time I played at Mongkok~!

<font color=red>~~~ 'enemy not SPODED, enemy not DOWN/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: jeff ...

how are you doing, i'm busy like shit these days ... until when you will be staying in hk? i will call you later on next week ...

5. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Too spoiled by the Agetechs

<hr></blockquote>

spoiled is a word I never thought could be used in conjunction with an Agetech stick. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

cheers,

<font color=white>Llanfair</font color=white>
    <font color=orange>Booyah daddy mac! I'm stylin!</font color=orange>

6. Guest

Guest Guest

HEY I am the guy who play with you that day,the other guy
    say when friday in Mongkok 'Cyber City',there are many people play vf3tb,he think is jo's friends.

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Ho ho, tell Joe that he and his friends are toast this coming Friday. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

As for the Agetechs...I guess I just mean home sticks in general, but when you learn how to play with a stick on your lap its hard to beat the convenience in the arcade. 'Course, as long as money and quality aren't issues, the arcade rules over the Dreamcast any day.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

The guy only say some peolple play every friday about 8:00pm,in Mongkok Cyber City,but don't know they go or not ,and they are jo's friend or not,but i will go there coming friday.

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I couldn't make it today. Still at the office....

10. Guest

Guest Guest

OH~Too BAD,they say every friday night go to Mongkok 'Cyber City' ,but jo haven't go there today(15/6)

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Whelp....I'm STILL at the office...