1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

AI training and misc stuff.

Discussion in 'Console' started by akiralove, Jan 31, 2002.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Would definitely appreciate your finding out if JP VF.net player saves work on the US version. While getting a high rank in Kumite doesn't really mean jack in terms of playing skill, I'd sure miss my Lei decked out in white garb if I have to restart from 10th kyu when the US version comes out.

2. soulmachine

soulmachine Well-Known Member

Unfortunately our lone U.S. copy of the game is currently in CHicago, but hopefully it will come back this week, or maybe I'll be able to squirrel away another one. That would rule if I didn't have to unlock all this stuff all over again. Not that I'd mind the process.:)

I'll be sure to update you on the situation.

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: quick question

Hey guys, quick question: does the difficulty setting affect the Kumite mode?

4. soulmachine

Re: quick question

Nope. All the fighters you face are of varying degrees of difficulty anyway.

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Chris...can u tell me if the the game set on hardest difficulty is indeed, very hard...or is it a walk in the park like the Jpn version of 3tb for the DC?

I like the US version of 3tb better..even though the CPU cheats...at least it more fun than Jpn version....

(lame attempt at trying to build up number of posts hehe)

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Haven't tried Arcade mode in a long time, the difficulty setting only affects Arcade mode, not Kumite. Maybe I'll try when I get back from my business trip.

7. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Just wanted to add that it's possible to train the CPU's AI was well as your own, to make arcade/kumite characters more interesting. At training, choose to load the AI from the CD-ROM. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like a cool feature.

8. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ah, I never knew that! Thanks for the tip.

9. soulmachine

Just found out that JP save files are incompatible with the U.S. save files. Looks like we have our work cut out for us.

10. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Got a source?

I hope there's no hard feelings from Sega and Sony when people start burning japanese versions left and right just to avoid this sort of bullshit.

11. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Though I plan on playing and using the Japanese version, I'm hoping that the replay files will work between versions...

Third Strike (DC) replays were not compatable across versions unfortunately.

And if the VF4 replays are not compatable across versions, I'll have to see if it's simply a file rename thing, or hope it's something like that (at least people found that to be a useful way of using US and Japanese saves for Shenmue 1/2 to work on Shenmue 2 Europe).

12. soulmachine

Yes, I can verify that JP game saves/US game are not compatible with each other by virtue of my JP game saves not working with the U.S. reviewable I am playing right now. I am currently starting everything over from sci-zatch.

13. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Chris, when you fought the "emperors", did you notice that they're based on the real tetsujins?

Last night I smoked Segirl, Kyuraa, Shinjuku Jacky, Dragon Shun, and Muscles Sarah. I was a little drunk, and I started losing my Vision Spheres, so I stopped there.

If you can't read Japanese, here's how to spot them:

they won't appear at all until you're a "TeiOh" (first rank after HaoOh, 3 higher than 10th dan).
    for me, they started appearing right after that. You can spot them as they are also the first people to have Vision Spheres (small balls above the life bar, which you win if you beat them).
    Also, they are the first to have the "KoTei" (my dictionary says emperor here, too) rank. I think this is the highest rank, maybe. If you know some Kanji, it's the kanji for star, followed by the "tei" kanji (look at your rank).

I'm guessing there's one for each character, placing my bets for the rest just for fun:

I saw:
    Wolf: Segirl
    Jacky: Shinjuku Jacky
    Lau: Kyuraa
    Shun: Dragon Shun
    Sarah: Muscles Sarah

I guess:
    Pai: Goro 2000
    Akira: Mukki
    LIon: duh
    Kage: Kyasaoh
    Vanessa: BunBunMaru
    Aoi: the Gorilla
    Jeffry: Kashiwa Jeffry
    Lei: no idea

Spotlite

14. soulmachine

Can anyone make a complete list of the various rankings? There's 10th Kyu (or something) to 1st Kyu, then there's 1st Dan to 10th Dan (did I get that right?), then there's the names, like Emperors and Dragon Spirits. Can anyone accurately translate these?

15. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah, I started bumping into Emperor (Huang Di, not Ba Wang) players in Kumite mode after I reached the Monarch (Di Wang) level. I'm currently two levels above that... Devil King I think? Haven't played since I left SF on Sunday morning. Yep, they all have 9990/10 Win/Loss records and sport a Vision Sphere each. But I only read the Chinese characters in the game, so I didn't recognize all the names of the Tetsujins. Do Shinjuku Jacky and Kyuraa even play anymore? Don't really hear of them nowadays...