1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

akira and lion's case.

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Sudden_Death, Apr 20, 2001.

1. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

here's a question:

akira's case:

I've known this for a long time and i beleive 100% that this is guaranteed, BUT i'm asking this just cause I might of being wrong all this time about it. just to put the nail in the coffin. ok, when reversing akira's b,f+pg.....run...back thow akira is garanteed right? im 100% sure it is, but what do you think?

lion's case:

now this I'm not sure about, Im 50% sure its guaranteed (yes, i messure everything in %'s, so what! :p). its the same situation as akira's but im not sure if the timing is the same to back throw lion when you reverse his b+pg. i havent tested this one too much (next time we meet adam, we'll test), but i think......ah fuck it, i'll test it soon.

anyway, if anyone knows for --SURE-- please share the info.

please post ONLY IF YOU ARE SURE, no neutral posts like "i think it is/not, but im not sure".

stuff like "well, the tb mook on page 877 says its is/not garanteed" is good since vf mooks are USUALLY right (read that: usually=not all the time), but its a good start.

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

[​IMG]
    fuck spelling!

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

According to Gamest Mook TB (p.143), back throws are guaranteed after escaping the following throws:
    - Akira's b,f+P+G;
    - Lion's b+P+G;
    - Lion's b,f+P+G (wall version);
    - Wolf's P+G and df,df+P+G;
    Akira's one requires a run, others require a dash for the throw to connect (Jeff/Wolf don't have to dash because of longer throw range). Taka and Akira can't back throw as other characters can.

3. Sudden_Death

thanks GLC!

[​IMG]
    fuck spelling!

4. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

correction...

Lion's b,f+P+G but wall version.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey, Sal.
    How are you doing? I just got back to NY.

Anyway, after you escape Akira's b f PG and Lion's b PG,
    you can run and grab the opponent.
    Since the opponent is facing away from you,
    you don't have to run as much as it seems.
    In VF, the distance between characters is measured by their waists. Thus, when two are facing in the same direction, the distance is actually short than it looks. Of course, with heavy characters, the distance you have to run is even shorter.

I don't know who wrote the other posts, but let me correct what he wrote. Well since I don't have anything to refer to, some may be left out.

First of all, Wolf's PG is not throw-counterable in an ordinary way. After you escape the throw, you have to enter f, f ( or f E) in advance and execute a back throw. There are many others in this category such as Sarah's PG, Akira's df PG, db, f PG, Pai's b, f PG, etc. Taka can grab Wolf afte escaping his giantswing. ( You need to input f E in advance.) SInce Taka ha different reversal of Wolf's SSD so that Taka can not grab WOlf after escaping SSD, it might be better to use SSD than giantswing against Taka. I think you can do the same after escaping Jeffery's db, f PG if you are using heavy charcters since their range of throw is longer than others. Some of the throws requires the input of f E since you have an extra 1 frame. (The same as Wolf's d KG hits the opponent with a counter. In this case, if you input f E right away, then any throw in advance works just as in VF3.) Others requires f E simply because you are too far from the opponent. (By the way, after escaping some of the throws such as Akira's df PG, even if you do f E, the situation is even. What I am saying is that if the opponent does something other than a throw, then your throw is guranteed. If he tries to grab you as well expecting that you would do f E, then probability is 50 %.)

There are many throws with which you don't need to do such a thing. Lau's f PG, b, d PG, Aoi's PG, db PG and many more. I'm sure you know them after playing the game for over four years. There are some minor ones such as Lau's df, df PG. Only with heavy characters, you can throw Lau after that. So, against heavy characters, Lau's only safe throw is PG and b, f PG. With PG, you can do several Uras so it should be OK.

I don't care much about the wall throws since only reversal ones are less important ones. You can grab Taka after escaping his f, f PG, I think. This is from the tape I saw long ago, so I don't remember it too well. Sarah reverses Taka's f, f PG and grabbed him. Or maybe, the other way around. i.e. Taka grabbed her after escaping her b PG. ... Anyway, who cares!!

Hope this helps.

HIRO OH

P.S. BY the way, I tried to use HIRO as a username, but it seems that the name is already registered. I think Jeff once told me that he registered my name. Since it's been more than a couple years, I fogot what the password was. Can anyone delete HIRO from the login names??

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey Hiro, nice to see you posting. You know that I'm coming up to NYC for pre-MOAT training right? Get ready to get your butt kicked, because I'm going to be better prepared this time than last. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

P.S. I just deleted the old Hiro account.

7. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Excuse me, CORRECT what I wrote? Wth... you 'correct' something when it's wrong - you're post is an addition, not correction. My post applied to back throws after throw escapes, and nothing else. Unless you're heavy, you have to buffer the dash in (f+E, it's a dash!) and it's cancelled by you inputting P+G.

One note, the Gamest's chart lists all the after-escape guaranteed throw situations. I'll let someone else post it since no one would appreciate me writing the thing :p

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey, GLC. Sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean to do that.

What I meant by correction is that after escaping Wolf's PG, back throw is not guranteed regardless of a character. It was guranteed in VF3, but not in VF3 tb. You have to input f E in advance to do it in TB.

Other things I wrote are just for Sal.

HIRO

9. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

One more thing, as for Lion's b+P+G escape, I guess normal, full dash is enough to nail a back throw (tested it today, many times).

10. Sudden_Death

hey hiro, i'm doing ok (im never fine hehe). so you just got back to NY eh, how long were you out of town anyway?

thanks for the info, some stuff i didnt know (yes after all these years). by the way, have you heard anything about vf4?

laterz

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>