1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira and Pai in Sega's New 2D Fighter Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax

Discussion in 'General' started by Puno_de_Leyenda, Aug 30, 2014.

By Puno_de_Leyenda on Aug 30, 2014 at 9:50 PM
  1. Puno_de_Leyenda

Puno_de_Leyenda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Seikuken
    Huzzah! At long last, Akira, the final boss of the game is revealed to be playable! Unfortunately, Pai will only be joining him as an assist. For those that don't know, Denegki Bunko Fighting Climax is one of Sega's newest Non-Virtua Fighter :( fighting games, running on the Ringedge 2 arcade system. It is a 2D anime-crossover fighter featuring characters from anime such as Sword Art Online, Shakugan no Shana, Durarara!!, Toradora!, Black Bullet, A Certain Magical Index and several others!

Also, footage of Akira and Pai as final boss characters:

Look forward to some 2D VF when Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax releases on November 13, 2014 for PS3 and Vita in Japan!

Source: http://shoryuken.com/2014/08/30/aki...me-versions-of-dengeki-bunko-fighting-climax/

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014

Comments

Discussion in 'General' started by Puno_de_Leyenda, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Puno_de_Leyenda
      Puno_de_Leyenda
      Just wanted to share some super hype netplay battles of wolfkrone(Street Fighter-Player) playing as Akira!:

And also, this AMAZING Akira combo video!

2. Jinzer0
      Jinzer0
      More WolfKrone Akira going in on Team Spooky
      youtube.com/watch?v=IIAXeqi60iA

Is he a VF player too? I know he plays SF.

Any other non VF players players playing Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax?
    3. ToyDingo
      ToyDingo
      Actually had a chance to buy this game today from a store in Shinjuku. For some reason I decided not to and bought Pro Yakyuu Spirits instead...

Any one out there playing this game? If so, do you think it's worth it to go back and grab it? (There was only one left in the store as far as I could tell...)
    4. BLACKSTAR
      BLACKSTAR
      I've only messed around with the game for a little bit, but it seems pretty fun. Its extremely simple, and characters don't really take long to learn. Control-wise, its very simple like P4U -- Mash A auto combos, very predictable and very small movesets for every character, specials involve only forwards backwards fireball motions (no DP motions), and only two supers per character.

Each character has at least two DP's and and an overhead, all with gold armor that can't even be beat by Supers (only throws or other DPs can beat them). That's pretty n00by, but at the same time, it makes it so that even if you are overwhelmed by the best DFC player's pressure, they have to respect you to some degree so they don't eat a reversal. The trump cards are pretty much the same idea, except much with much much sillier properties and limited max number of times you can use them. Its silly like persona but pretty fun as well

Assists are pretty cool and help diversify the abilities of your character imo.

I'm at the gates of intermediate level, from the outside looking in. From what I can tell, higher level play is very meter intensive, and offensive heavy. If you know the particulars of the system, the game seems to revolve around dumping as much meter into a combo as you can with every solid hit. For example, its common to see players burst mid-combo (certain bursts give you 1-2 additional bars of meter) to use for a 2-bar finisher.

TL;DR - I think the game is fast, simple, n00bish, and pretty fun. I dunno if it's worth the 70-80 bucks they asked me to pay for it, tho.....
      Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
      ToyDingo likes this.
    5. BLACKSTAR
      BLACKSTAR

On a side note, I'm totally going to be stealing these Wolfkrone setups after watching those videos
      ToyDingo likes this.
    6. ToyDingo
      ToyDingo
      Ah, so it's the perfect Sega arcade game. Simple to learn, easy-ish to master, not too deep, but loads of fun.

I saw it at a store here for what is the equivalent of about 50 US dollars. I might pick it up, because I'm a sucker for fighting games.

Thanks for the review dude...

Edit: On a side note - I really really hate auto combos. It was one of the things that turned me off from UNiB. Still, I can ignore that for the most part...I hope...
    7. BLACKSTAR
      BLACKSTAR
      an auto combo is just another combo. and in this game, its a totally useless one.
    8. YOMI
      YOMI

I think I like this game.
      BLACKSTAR and ToyDingo like this.
    9. ToyDingo
      ToyDingo
      Finally got to try this in the Club Sega in Akihabara. It's pretty fun. Simple controls and wacky characters (the dude hitting you with street signs was kinda fun...). Still I'll order it online when a price drop comes.

With Guilty Gear Xrd a few days away, I'm not sure how much time I'd spend with this...

Fun game though...
    10. Jinzer0
      Jinzer0
      Still a fun game, I main Akira(wish Kage was playable) and assist is of course Pai.

I don't play as much as I used too, I realize after coming back to it some of its flaws dealing with Akira.

Akira is an uphill Fighter in this game props to those who stick with him and are good.

I'm on the Vita version so there aren't many good Akira players out on my platform of choice.

But, yeah VF4LIFE ^_^
    11. def
      def
      Shinobi and ToyDingo like this.
    12. Shinobi
      Shinobi
      Day One, for me.