1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira: Ask a Question, Get an Answer

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Feck, Oct 7, 2012.

1. gorrister

gorrister New Member

what's the deal with people being able to execute byakko soushouda almost instantly? https://youtu.be/-XZ79jDzSRE?t=2m33s (2:33)

I theorized that you could probably charge down during another move but it's still a from crouch move, right? I'm seeing a microduck in this clip here which never works for me. Is there a trick?

a better example is 2:49 where I'm seeing no duck whatsoever.

2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    That little duck you're seeing is a crouch dash, which instantly puts you into a crouching state. With a combination of correct buffering and the crouch dash, you can make Byakko come out without having to wait. Try inputting it as [3][3][4][6][P] (when facing to the right)

gorrister and jimi Claymore like this.
  3. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Just to clarify, crouch dash instantly puts you into a crouching state in the context of being crouching for while rising attacks (like Byakko), and going underneath high attacks. NOT for the purpose of going under throws. Hope that i didn't confuse.

4. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

If i remember i think it works better with the opposite crouch dash for that Akira move when you are 1P side [1][1][4][6][P]

5. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    It works exactly the same. Just do whatever you find easier to input. I always find it easier to input the crouch dash forwards.

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  6. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Just to throw out in the mix. I personally do all my charge type moves like this.
    Akira double palm on 1P side - [4][1][2][1][4][5][6][+][P]

You can skip the initial [4] input and begin with [1]. I try to start with [1] myself, but on the input screen I always end up starting with [4]. *shrug*.

Other charge moves that don't require going back to forward, on 1P side I do.
    [6][3][2][3][6][+] whatever button the move requires.

This method is a lot easier and faster (as weird as it may sound) for me personally rather than doing the [1][1] thing.

jimi Claymore likes this.
  7. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

Listen back when I played Akira in VF 4 series, if you could not do single palm punch instant double palm you were not shit. Now just find your most comfortable buffer, if it's 33 or 11 just try it and figure it out. When it come to Akira high execution stuff there is no shortcut, just a shitload of practice :).

jimi Claymore likes this.
  8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
  9. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Wanted to add one more thing.

When there's a move that asks me to do [2_][3] i.e. Akiras shoulder ram, I do [3][3][P][+][K]Only when a move ends with [6] is when I use the shoryuken method. Those are my two main methods for buffering/using a shortcut (whatever it's called) for charge moves.

With all the posts, you can see there's a few different ways to buffer a charge move. Play around with the one you like the most and practice doing it on both sides!

10. Powerthash

Powerthash Member

How useful SPOD/GBOD in VF5US?

11. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    GBOD is very useful. 70 damage canned combo against a guarding opponent. It has a bit more range than 6P+K+G guard break and really complicates defending against Akira.
    SPoD isn't nearly as useful in VF5US but is a nice flex.

12. Powerthash

Powerthash Member

Sometimes I can do them like 10 times in a row and sometimes I can't do them consistenly even after several tries. Lack of consistency is killing me...

13. Powerthash

Powerthash Member

How to buffer double palm after the guard break? I'm trying to do this without much luck - even at my top input speed I still can't execute it properly (I do GBOD / 1 frame knee without much problems btw) It looks very tricky and I doubt that only the speed of the input matters - there is something more behind that. Any tips?

14. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

The thing is not how fast you input the double palm but when!
    If you start buffering the crouch input before the buffer of the previous move, you should be able to then input 46P with the correct timing and get it out as fast as possible.

15. How is the match up with Akira VS. Blaze? I always feel super pressured and, ironically, way too slow to deal with Akira. Between his mid elbow, shoulder bump, and double palm; it feels like I either need godlike reads, godlike reaction speed, or luck that the Akira player drops their pressure to properly counter. In your experience, what do you belive is the most useful tools/moves Akira has to worry about from Blaze?

16. Powerthash

Powerthash Member

So for example if I want to do something like [6][P][+][K][+][G] [5][3][3] [4][6][P] when should I buffer the CD part? After the successful guard brake buffering the whole motion in 10f buffer?

17. jimi Claymore

jimi Claymore Well-Known Member

I'd say the match up is in Akira's favor but El blaze can do really good damage in this match up
    You need to keep in mind that Akira have Really good Tools vs el Blaze if you're near the wall, for example 46P P DLC 2P 2_46P, 46P+K and 4PP can do a lot of damage but you need some practice here.

If he does Rocket discharge after a blocked attack you can usually beat a lot of his options with PP, again this doesn't work vs all his moves if you block.

If he does 4P+K he recovers backturned so that means you can try a 2P+K+G guard break for big damage or 3K if you think your opponent is going to Abare.

In short i think his best tools are 666P 46P+K 4PP near walls, 2K+G+P after block El blaze 4P+K and PP vs Rocket

Anthony Agosto likes this.
  18. Awesome! Thank you for the insight and knowledge!

19. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

[3][3] is the part you wanna input before the 10 frame buffer, when you reach the 10 frame buffer window you then input [4][6][P].
    In theory it's possible tu buffere everything in the 10 window buffer, but you gotta be perfect with the crouch dash.

Powerthash likes this.
  20. Powerthash

Powerthash Member

I've finally nailed it. Thanks!

MarlyJay and Mister like this.