1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira boss

Discussion in 'Akira' started by nosferatu, Apr 2, 2002.

1. nosferatu

nosferatu Member

when i was playing story mode on normal difficulty, the CPU executed some major quick combos with Akira, i thought Akira was suppose to be slow, but the CPU proved my ass wrong... i was so impressed by some of the moves it did.

for some reason i can never execute the Stun Palm, Reverse Body Check, Double Palm, i use the PS2 controller, do you really need a joystick to do this move??

2. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

u don't need a joystick. But u need alot more practice and pain with a joypad.....

3. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

Yeah Akira CPU can seem overwhelmin at first. Here is a cheap method I use against the CPU with Akira:

Do a Close-in ram throw (b, f+p+g). If you are at high levels, the CPU will almost always Tech-Roll/Quick-Rise after the throw, so what I do is Charge in the Double-Fisted Strike to the fullest (b, f+p+k Charge full) and the CPU will stand there blocking until you get it with the strike. Since it will guard break if fully charged, dash in and do the DJK (f, f+kk), and the opponent will TR/QR again allowing for another double-fisted strike that will cause a guard break. Repeat untill CPU is finished.

A trick that the CPU Akira always like to do is Pull-in throw > reverse body check (f, b+p+g, dodge (up or down)). Followed by a SDE and then a m-dlplm. A good practice is to try and block the RBC after the pull-in throw. You do that by either holding up or down (Depending on the side the opponent dodges in) and pressing Guard multiple times. You should guess which side the opponent will dodge to, or if you have quick reflexes, just watch where he is going and block accordingly. If you block it, you can do several things, like the regular pp, pk hits, elbow, or maybe even a body check if you are quick. Experiment with it. I haven't tried all of those, but hopefully they should work.

4. SilentKnight

SilentKnight Active Member

a lot easier if you use the shoulder buttons. (just in case you didn't know yet) /versus/images/icons/smile.gif