1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira combo

Discussion in 'Akira' started by aznsoju007, May 14, 2002.

1. aznsoju007

aznsoju007 New Member

a combo i've been having trouble connecting consistently is a m-shrm ~ m-shrm ~ m-shrm ~ followup (low kick, as3, etc). it seems that the third shrm connects only when the first shrm is a certain distance away. does anyone have any suggestions/advice for this?

also, any suggestions for followups after the shoulder rams? i was lying up there. only the first part of as3 (d+K+G) connects for me. maybe i'm inputting commands too slow.

and finally, does anyone else find that pressing d/f,d/f,p+k quickly does a m-shrm? because that's how i do all of my m-shrms. sometimes a lbf comes out, but almost always, it's the shrm.

thanx.

2. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

I've never tried that combo yet but you probably can only do it on lightweights or with a major counter. By the way what is the max damage you got by doing it? If it's under 98 then you might as well do m-shrm~m-shrm~AS3~ground punch...that's probably more reliable but I think it only works on lightweights.

As for the d/f,d/f+P+K you are probably rolling the stick a little for the forward to register when you do d/f,d/f. I do my m-dbpms in a similar way by doing d/b,d/b and rolling to b,f+P.

Sorry for not being of much help.

3. aznsoju007

aznsoju007 New Member

you're most likely right that it only works with lightweights. i know for sure it works on lion (heavy lightweight/light middleweight), but he's the only character i tried it on (i was playing around in free training). oh.. and it works on normal hit, doesnt need the MC. the max damage was only somewhere around 80, so i guess i'll use your combo =)

i don't know about the "accidental" forward after the d/f,d/f though. i use a pad, not a stick (though i do wish i had a stick...), and i'm pretty sure i'm inputting the commands as d/f,d/f,P+K. thanx though, for your help =)

4. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Um, if that was not with a major counter hit, then the third shoulder wasn't a guaranteed part of the combo anyway, but a ground hit that someone could roll out of the way of.

5. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

Also I forgot to mention that the damage (98) on the m-shrm~m-shrm~AS3~ground punch combo is if you get a major counter, and I think it will only connect with the major counter on lightweights only.