1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira - FS Showcase

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Seidon, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubb...272/Re: The Final Showdown Communi#Post308272

So the basic idea here is to showcase the characters in FS. So people know how the characters play, what they're capable of and the players they should look up.

It's a community effort but I'll do as much as I can. If you can post up any videos which meet the criteria then do so, we'll group together all this info and then pretty it up so we can get it stuck on the front page and hopefully on the other big fighting game sites.

It makes sense to begin with the VF poster boy.

So here is what we're looking for:

• High level Matches
    • Combos
    • Comebacks
    • Anything else you feel people should see

Some videos may cross over into other sections and if they do, great!

I'm just getting this post up. If you have any videos link them, I'm gonna start watching through some just now as well.

Cheers!

2. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

OK

Akira + side guard + guard break = pain

taka seems to take a lot of damage from akira: 1.28:

akira seems so much easier to use than it was in VF5, 46P combos are as damaging as others big launchers

akira signature move, the bodychek, finally does some damage (80 normal hit?) 2.16:

3PGK is a new move, as konjou said: who will ever miss the old mode when you have the guard break of DOOM? (manj, thats who)

akira reversals have been buffed up a little (not to mention his homo-eroticism)

and while we are on the subject of homosexuality, akira gretest addiction in FS is his Ryo Hazuki style Jacket. let me conclude with one ofmy favorite matches:

3. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC

Just a couple I found on the video thread. I've only been picking ones were Akira wins. Been watching some stuff on Zoome (a lot of shit videos on there :() I'll watch some more and hit a few mnore links up here. Gonna check what you have as a favourite on YT as well, Myke.

Once we have enough links we can start deciding what we're keeping and what we're not keeping.

One quick question though. Bodycheck. Are we gonna advertise that?

4. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Thanks for this effort. Gonna sticky the thread.

5. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Cheers, Plague. So I think we should get as many videos as we can for the next two weeks and have a vote on which videos we think best showcase Akira in FS. If we use a number system (like my post before this one) we can easily identify which videos are which. Once we have decided on which videos we'll use can someone find out the player names?

6. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

I dno, I really hope SEGA change that before the game gets released. I supposed you could always make light of the situation. Perhaps include some vids where body check was used humorously.

7. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Stop trolling on bodycheck guys, it's really not that bad.

8. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

Hell yeah showcase it, remember US likes cheap sh!t. Granted imo its not that cheap. Hell did the same ish in vf1.

9. RORY

RORY Well-Known Member

XBL:
    RORORORORORO
    I say make a compilation video of bodychecks.

I remember YEARS ago seeing an Akira SPOD compilation video lol.

10. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

lol a compilation could be pretty funny.

11. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

comeback

bodychek compilation n1

heres the second

here's another!
    <object id="zp" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="560" height="448"> <param name="movie" value="http://zoome.jp/nounai/zpdia/p/45" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /> <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://zoome.jp/nounai/zpdia/p/45" width="560" height="448" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" /></object>

How to forget Griever bodycheck post:

Whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine BODYCHECK! whine whine whine whine whine whine whine (whine whine whine whine whine whine whine), whine whine whine whine whine whine whine.

Seriously? Fuck it, just leave the subject alone already. It does 70 on normal hit, 120 on CH, that's it. It's a mid move, 17f, with actual 18f due to movement needed in most cases, has moderate range, does not allow further combo, it's "back" class.
    Anything else? Oh, knockdown on both NH and CH, on guard it's -32. Now, let's move to another subject, alright?

12. ZBEP

ZBEP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ZBEP
    What happened to Ohsu and Mukki? Never seen them since vanilla and vf5r

13. Feck

Ohsu still plays, he uses Blaze these days. Not sure about Mukki.

14. Feck likes this.
  15. Feck

First vid was nice ...last one isn't really worth watching, Homestay looks like he's just toying with that other Akira in it.

16. Really? I guess I was just too easily impressed with those evades :D

17. Puno_de_Leyenda

Puno_de_Leyenda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Seikuken

^You heard the main man!

It's way too dead around here...So here's some Akira vids!:

jimi Claymore likes this.