1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira Help!!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by akira2001, Nov 27, 2001.

1. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

I give up!!! Okay, not really. I am having the hardest time pulling off the DLC (especially in opponent competition). Every now and then I can DLC against the computer, but rarely against an opponent. I don't believe I'm that slow, but maybe. Can anyone tell me if the bodycheck movement must be completed before the f+p movement comes out? If not, what is the timing?

Also, to Monkeyfist, your Lau is getting very good. Keep it up and I will see you at Rocky's next time.

2. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

Also, how do you do Akira's wall move (either b+P+K+G or f+P+K+G). Does his back need face the wall or the opponent? Thanks again.

3. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Yeah, you complete the bodycheck as the elbow is hitting (or close to hitting). If you've got a particularly sensitive stick, you can simply mash left and right really fast after you hit f+P, then hit P+K at the correct moment :)

4. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

I don't believe I'm that slow, but maybe. Can anyone tell me if the bodycheck movement must be completed before the f+p movement comes out? If not, what is the timing?

well, in VF3 at least, i know that i used to do the DLC way too fast, so maybe you need to concentrate more on accuracy, rather than trying to get the whole thing out in no time at all. one tip i used when learning DLC was to look down at the stick as i was inputting the commands - it helps with the accuracy part, and may even make you realise that you are indeed doing it too fast.

another tip is to try to input clean, light commands. violently slamming the commands will mean you will input about 5 times more commands than necessary, and the DLC will rarely come out.

as for the bodycheck before the elbow thing: i think, again, that you may be trying to input everything too quickly. i can't speak for VF4, but in VF3 (where DLC is apparently harder to do than in 4) there is no need to rush the bodycheck input so much. just make sure you input it straight after the elbow: within a small fraction of a second (but certainly not that close to being a simultaneous elbow/bodycheck input).

personally, i wouldn't worry too much about things like 'do i have to input the bodycheck as soon as i see the elbow hit?'. just make sure to do the full motions in the right order, in a smooth, fairly fast way, and you'll be fine. don't think too much about it when playing against people: relax, and pretend you're playing the CPU.

hope at least some of this helps.

5. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

just give up Akira and choose someone simple like Wolf, Lion, Jeffery, Lei, Pai, Sarah, Venessa, .... you get the idea.

Anyone but Akira. I hate it cuz I can never do the DLC consistently. Kind of sucks when you can play your character to the best potential, esp when everyone is DLC like it is sooo simple.

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I was stumped by the DLC for a little while until I figured out what I was missing -
    the b input in b,f,f+P+K.

I think what happens is people press f+P for the second hit and pull back on the stick, not realising that since the stick was already in the forward position, pulling back on it only returns it to neutral. I had to really exaggerate the movement from forward to back to make the game recognize my input.
    Give that a shot. Also, if doing it from left to right is giving you fits, try it from right to left.

7. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

No. Don't give up, every character has his or her unique challenges to overcome. If you put in the effort you will get results eventually. The whole "Give up and pick someone else" mentality only stagnates the arcade with the same characters because no one had the tenacity to stick with their favourites.

8. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

it is possible to play an effective akira without using DLC or SPOD.. just have to use all the other techniques to your advantage and at the right time.

9. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

try buffing d/f+pk ( d+pk for as3).