1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

akira - his feminine side

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by BK__, Oct 30, 2001.

1. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

hi, im back(^_^)

one question though, akira seems to be the rigid-super-masculin fighter of the game, but why the hell does he have a girls name!!??
    (or unisex name??)

does anyone else find that quite disturbing?? (0_+)

akira=male or female(i think)

yuki= definate girls name

i mean, that's like calling jacky........shirley!! (0_+)
    imagen a girl named "akira yuki", that wouldnt seem right (-_-)

i think that completely SHATTERED my image of akira now..

*sigh* i suppose there's always wolf still (^_^)

2. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Akira can be a guy's or a girl's name. We have those in English too. And since Yuki is a family name, I don't think it really matters. Plus I think the girl's name Yuki is usually the character for snow, whereas Akira's last name is two other characters.

3. capercat

capercat Well-Known Member

its not unheard of to have a boys name be yuki. or yuuki. like yamcha said, having different characters.

4. Curse

Curse Member

Haha, the characters for Akira in this case mean crystal. Kinda feminine I guess, at least in western culture. Akira has many different meaning based on the kanji variations, but the one they chose for vf4 is crystal. Yuuki means courage, not very feminine, however i forget if that is the one they used for the game. It is not the snow kanji for sure.

5. Bronze Parrot

Bronze Parrot Well-Known Member

Yuuki is a family name, so it's gender-neutral.

Akira is an unisex personal name, whether it's written in hiragana or as one of several kanji (Han Dynasty (Chinese) characters). Even the exact kanji for "Akira" in Yuuki Akira's name is unisex. For instance, one of the heroines in the Sentimental Graffiti games and TV anime, Endou Akira, uses the same kanji in her name.

6. TequilaPilot

TequilaPilot Member

LOL, Akira is a pansy.... :)
    * dodges incoming barrages of DLCs.. *

Akira the manga referred to the little boy Akira who blew things up with his mind, not much feminity in that I think...

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I think that's Testsuo! ...? Or is my memory playing tricks again...

8. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Tetsuo had the same powers as the boy Akira just not as devolped. Tetsuo was more like the second coming of Akira. They could both blow stuff up with their minds.

9. Bronze Parrot

Bronze Parrot Well-Known Member

Re: Lion - his feminine side

At second glance, Lion's "During 'Continue?' countdown" pose looks the same as Pai's.

10. Big Dipper

Big Dipper Well-Known Member

Re: Lion - he is mantis not cicada

BTW- our friends at virtuaproject have done an excellent job of posting VF4 lion movelist with one glaring mistake. The seven star (not start) leaping mantis ( not cicada) 3+P+G throw. The mantis leaps on a cicada! duh. ;P