1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira low kick MC still = throw?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Plague, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I played what I think was a ver.B last night. Can you still use the low kick MC into a high throw with Akira?

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

3. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

I'm sure you'r playing VF3.

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Errr, before you make such brilliant observations, read his question and take the context - I am sure he is asking about a change from vf3-4..he wanted to know if, in FOUR, does an akira low kick MC still give you a throw as it did in THREE.

5. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

I think you may be able to if the d+k <font color=white>bangs</font color=white> opponent into wall. (^^)
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.joy.hi-ho.ne.jp/d13492/akiracombo.htm>http://www.joy.hi-ho.ne.jp/d13492/akiracombo.htm</a>

6. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Thanks for your help and thanks, Shadowdean, for clarifying that I was playing VF4. I did leave that important detail out.

Kind of a bummer that the guaranteed throw was removed, what with throws having an execution phase now.

7. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

There are still plenty of throw counterable moves from every character. However in most of those occassions (throw guaranteed occassions), now the throw command has to be input earlier than in VF3 in my feeling -- almost like bufferring in.

Low K counter -> throw makes the game unbalanced and less fun (not only IMO but in many players opinion), that's why it was long gone even during VF3 (in VF3 version C?, before TB). I remember the first time VF3 came out there was a player in my local arcade who used Wolf, and the lone strategy he had was low kick counter-> giant swing, and that alone won him plenty matches. However after that was removed in later version, he could not win at all and quit.

There are so many moves in VF and so many strategies involved and that's why its an excellent game. If low-kick counter ->throw is gauranteed, all one needs to do is to choose a character with big throws and start kicking low kick waiting for a counter.

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

On a side not, low kick MC --> throw did suck, but it wasn't like you could low kick all day and then get lucky and throw. Besides the obvious throw escapes, when low kick whiffs or is blocked the opponent could punish it. I think the problem was that punishing low kicks was too complex and unrewarding for scrubs, while doing low kick --> throw was too easy.

9. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I definatly agree...Akira already has an extreamly (arguably the best) overall game...