1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira Mirror Match (VF5FS Vs DOA5LR)

Discussion in 'General' started by GustavoHeisenberg, Jan 12, 2020.

1. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

Can the experts here help me articulate why DOA5LR feels wrong compared to VF5FS?

DOA5LR Akira Yuki Mirror Match

VF5FS Akira Yuki Mirror Match

2. gido

gido Well-Known Member

I'm not an expert but I could easily tell you that both videos arent at the same level of play. So right there you can't give a proper judgment. Its pretty much a video comparison by 2 DoA casuals and 2 japanese VF veterans.

No video really feels "wrong". I mean DoA5Lr literally copied everything from the VF5 guest characters. It's just that DoA is a slower paced gameplay while VF is much faster and in your face. I mean Akira may feel better in VF but thats just because of the style and gameplay of the two fighting games.

I'd admit the Akira in VF had more impactful sound effects and visuals. But that's also because it's part of Akira's trademark. I wished all characters in VF had that and not only Akira but it's not my call anyhow..

GustavoHeisenberg likes this.
  3. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

Because VF has better animation and Akira was designed with VF's original hit animations ?

VF5FS probably also has one of the best hit impacts.

4. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Hey Gustavo, when you say "feels wrong," what exactly are you looking for.:D

5. They run on different game engines and were designed by different teams

6. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

I'm trying to understand why I'd rather play VF5FS here than DOA5LR, maybe it's the faster speed and hit impact IDK I'm still trying to figure it out.

7. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

When DoA5 announced the VF fellas a lot of people were saying that DoA is the closest to VF system, but that's only a very simple superficial take on both series. They play nothing alike and they have different basics.

Will I buy DoA6 if it had VF characters ? Highly likely cause I love experimenting and because at the end of the day there could be some fun.

8. beanboy

Yeah, true. DOA's game system is the closest to VF. Even Bloody Roar to a certain extent, is another one that can be added to that category too. But DOA's combat is like a super half down, watered down version of VF. It's not bad. But the game is fun though, even though I will admit, I like the older DOA games, alot more than the current ones.

9. beanboy

In VF, Akira can evade, or easily back away, or down punch or (use other moves etc.) through the moves and strings, the other Akira is doing. And he can do alot more in VF.

Akira in DOA, because of the more watered down game combat system, is alot more restricted, in what he can do. But he has gained DOA styled hold reversals, and nearly every move he has in that DOA game, easily stuns on hit. You'll notice too that in the DOA vid, both Akira players, seldom evaded the others attack, or tried to break through the others attacks, with an attack. That has nothing to do with the players skill, but with the limitations of the DOA combat system.

I play DOA5 LR online on offline sometimes.
    When I played all of the VF characters in DOA5, moreso Akira, Jacky and Sarah, it didn't take me long to realise that in DOA, they were all definitely more watered down and restricted, in comparison to their VF versions. Alot of the simple things we take for granted, that we could do in VF, were also not possible in DOA5 LR, most likely due to the DOA combat and system, being alot more stripped down and different.

I can say alot more, but it's too much to write.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  10. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

They are better in VF, because they are VF characters and VF is a better game.

"DOA and VF are close" ...

VF plays nothing like DOA. In fact VF is closer to Tekken than DOA.

Spacing, launcher, punish, combo system, pary, throw game, counter hit ...

VF5FS plays a lot more like Tekken than DOA for sure. No hold everywhere and throw everywhere for punish, also that DOA stun system is not in VF or Tekken.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020