1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Akira Players..pls heLp...no sHort Form pls...

Discussion in 'Akira' started by 22222, Mar 1, 2002.

1. 22222

22222 Active Member

eh..how many diff ways can u attack ur opponent frm the start for a combo?? and how do u do the akira thing,.i mean the combo where he goes to the back of the person and push and eventually hits his back with both fists?
    one last question pls...when u shd ram a person i saw a person in arcade doing punches and kicks and shoulder ramming him again...is the first shd ram the same as the last shd ram that he does..and how do u do such a ram ? saw that it reduces almost half a persons ;life once the shd ram connects and the combo follows..how do u do any combo aft a shder ram?? pls enlightne me..thnsk...and how do u fight leifei??hes very irritating......any gd methods...sorrie fer asking so may questions,.,,.,,
    Beginner Akira

2. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

how many diff ways can u attack ur opponent frm the start for a combo??

I think you mean floating moves (I hope, anyway). The main Akira floater is the shoulder ram, or shrm (D, f+P+K). It's throw and punch counterable.

and how do u do the akira thing,.i mean the combo where he goes to the back of the person and push and eventually hits his back with both fists?

That's the Stun Palm o' Doom, or SPoD. It's a hit-throw, so the stun palm has to hit the opponent before the rest of the throw can execute. The motions are: P+K+G-> b, df+P+G-> b+P (or f+P). It takes practice to do consistently.

when u shd ram a person i saw a person in arcade doing punches and kicks and shoulder ramming him again...is the first shd ram the same as the last shd ram that he does..and how do u do such a ram ?

A common Akira combo is shrm-> P(G)-> shrm-> d+K. This combo is for mid- and heavyweights. Another combo would be shrm-> P(G)-> m-shrm-> m-dbPlm. It's used on lightweights, and mid-weights up to Akira(?) if the shrm hits as a major counter (MC).

A modified shoulder ram, or m-shrm or *shrm, is done by doing a crouch dash, and buffering f+P+K into the crouch dash. For example: df, DF, f+P+K. The same technique applies to other modified moves, like the double palm (dbPlm). Some other shrm followups:

P(G)-> df+K+G-> f+P-> b, f, f+P+K (DLC)
    P(G)-> P(G)-> m-dbPlm (do the crouch dash after g-cancelling the punch, do the crouch dash, and tap b, f+P)
    P(G)-> f, f+K, K

And there are other threads that give a more detailed explanation. Enter "Akira" in the <font color=orange>search</font color=orange> function, and you should be able to find some more info on Akira.

3. 22222

22222 Active Member

sorrie ......wats P(G) ?? does it mean u press punch then immediately press Guard? then proceed to the next move???
    is there anyway i can do if some1 guard againist my ram?? by squatting down??

4. ghostdog

sorrie ......wats P(G) ?? does it mean u press punch then immediately press Guard? then proceed to the next move???

Yep...P(G) makes sure that the next command input isn't mistaken for another hit in a combo. For instance:
    Akira does P, P. That would execute the standing punch and body blow. If Akira does P(G), P(G), that would execute two standing punches in succession, instead of the standing punch combo mentioned earlier.

is there anyway i can do if some1 guard againist my ram?? by squatting down??

The shoulder ram is almost uncounterable (-13 if blocked). So you should be in a position to defend against most moves outside of a standing punch or throw.

And I might be misinterpreting your question (it happens), but the shoulder ram hits mid, meaning that if your opponent crouches, (s)he will get hit by the shoulder ram.

5. 22222

22222 Active Member

erm... wats the dlc?? can u use it on an opponent ?? i mean even if ur not throwing him or grabbing him??? can explain?? does akira have any stunning moves??

6. ghostdog

Why don't you just use the <font color=orange>search</font color=orange> function? It's at the top of the VFDC page. Click on it, input a keyword, like "dlc", "akira", or something. You'd be surprised at what you might find, and you'll probably find the answer to most of these questions by reading previous posts. It is not that hard.

While you're at it, take a look at the <font color=white>home</font color=white> page. The link is at the top of the VFDC page, just underneath the picture. Then, click on the VF4 section in the left column of the home page. You'll find the links to movelists, counter lists, and an abbreviation guide. Finally, go to the <font color=white>links</font color=white> page, and you'll find links to other VF sites, most notably virtuaproject.com.

7. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Or you can say hi to me next time you see me in bugis. i'll try to answer all your questions.